Let’s All Cancel Our Subscriptions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dethrin15, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Dethrin15 New Member

If we can get a significant amount of folks on TLPs to cancel our subscriptions, maybe DPG will take our complaints about server issues and stability seriously? I’m not super crazy about 2+ hour queues and 20 min zone times.
    Orzulth and Dudeisbeast like this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

You won't have to ask people to cancel subs if this keeps up.

The discord and forums at least show a server with daily prime time problems... only the addicts will tolerate stuff like that.
  3. Sikkun Augur

Well one of those is over and the other is hyperbole but still bad. But once the server crashes it’s usually better.
  4. Surtain New Member

Queue was 17 minutes just now.....but I'm with you on the zone times
  5. Dethrin15 New Member

I’ve been in an 8 min queue for 1.5 hours, so good luck with that 17 mins queue.
  6. Sikkun Augur

17 min queue, in at 18.

If your waiting 1.5 hours then I’d be checking timeouts.
  7. Dethrin15 New Member

If a majority of the players cancel their accounts within a 24-48 hour period, we might get a point across that we’re not accepting this poor level of service.
  8. code-zero Augur

how about no. If I cancel I'm gone and not looking back so no, not doing some sort of shallow display to please someone else
  9. GNOME_POWER Augur

Your will may be taken over by a new party.
    [IMG]
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  10. C3lowz Augur

The forums count for only a fraction of the playerbase. Willing to bet less than 5% of the overall playerbase.

While you guys come here to cry, moan, complain about being unfairly treated after spending your money .. the other 95% are not complaining (at least publicly) or in the game playing.

Have fun making a impact getting .05% of the 5% people who browse the forums to cancel their sub, I'm sure it will be devastating on DPG
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Suggestions like these can actually work, but they take a lot more effort than a thread on the forums, people take a hell of a lot of persuading to change their stance.
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  12. TLP Addict Augur

Great idea

If enough of you quit the rest of us won't have to deal with queues or lag.
    Loze, Tucoh and ECrack like this.
  13. Dethrin15 New Member

Oh, so you have no complaints at all about how well this server is running and consider it a good quality of service?
  14. Megazen Elder

Your conjecture is not only demeaning to people that have legitimate complaints, your hypothesis is blatantly missing your own % based "facts". You state that only 5% of the people playing post on the forums.....ok, let's just take that as true. What you fail to address, in your diuretic hypothesis, is what percentage of the forums, are currently occupied by people complaining about the queues? It stands to reason, that the percentage of people that vocalize their complaints on the forums, are probably pretty close to the people that can't be bothered to post on the forums. You even allude to this with your (at least publicly) statement, which is, in itself, proof that you are suspect of your own conclusions.

Your assertion is that everyone that *isn't* posting, is just fine with how things are has no basis in any facts. That's an intellectually vapid argument. It's more logical that the basic percentage of people that are frustrated with the current situation are pretty close between posters and non posters. This is at the very least arguable with no cohesive data to back up your laughable conjecture.

TLDR: People that don't post to complain, are just quitting and unsubbing. Notice how the Q times have gotten markedly better? That's not because they did anything, it's because a lot of people stopped trying.
  15. Sikkun Augur

Or because all the players from others servers had 2 expansion drops this past week and back to their regular raid schedules instead of working on the cheap Krono farm.

Or it could be the magical horde of EQ players that COVID conjured up all just quit while saying nothing....not like a classic TLP launch usually see’s a huge bump of short term players every year or anything.
  16. Crazzie Lorekeeper

This game play is worse then pre alpha development. Whoever is in charge of all this needs to step up and account for the problems they are faced with. Its better we combine all the problems into one topic then 5k around the forums of the same issues. Lots are fed up already, either they fix it or make a new server. We did all pay good money to start here. Bags and subscriptions are enough to warrant a response from the Devs.
  17. sihpa Augur

I talked my friend into playing who hasn't played since 2001 and so far the queue, zoning times and disconnects are making it miserable. I cannot imagine how bad raiding in this type of environment is. If this isn't solved some time this month it's very unlikely I'll be able to keep her subscribed and I doubt I will be either.
  18. Weebles101 Journeyman

Lol Megazen, your last statement is false (or at least half false). DPG increased the amount of people that could be connected to the server. That’s why, during primetime, there are terrible zone times, chat lag, and disconnects.
  19. Machen New Member

DPG has fulfilled their bargain with me this week. They've given me a server with high pop and no truebox and aoc's, a server that I've asked them for since 2016 when the very first Truebox / Aoc server launched. There are no queues currently on Rizlona, but honestly if I had to put up with three or four hour queues for a few weeks to play on this server, I would do so gladly. I have no intentions of cancelling my accounts this week or this month.
  20. Machen New Member

This is exactly what players demanded of them, and now y'rrall are going to complain without ceasing that they listend to you.