Looking for RK II, cannot find on internet

Discussion in 'Melee' started by SFC(R)Escovedo, May 21, 2020.

1. SFC(R)Escovedo Journeyman

Greetings All,

I am trying to find out what I need for RK II of Icewalker's Synergy, Eagle Poise and Heron Stance. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

I know nothing about Monks or whether these abilities even exist in game but Ser Google tells me you would need 1 x Minor Engraved Velium Rune and 2 x Lesser Engraved Velium Runes.
  3. SFC(R)Escovedo Journeyman

Out of curiosity what website did you find that on?
  4. Jaedo Journeyman

5. SFC(R)Escovedo Journeyman

Wow, I was all over Zam too... Ugh how frustrating! Thank you.
  6. Szilent Augur

did it really take "looking it up" to find out monks use the exact same thing as the other 15 classes to get their abilities?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. SFC(R)Escovedo Journeyman

It did considering I did not know that.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Classes have all used the same items from each expansion to get their higher ranks since ranks 2 & 3 came into existence with TSS; and even before that melee had gotten their basic combat abilities and disciplines the same way as casters since OoW. That is likely why some are confused as to why it required so much searching, especially with regard to level 111+ abilities.
  9. Chanzan New Member

To add to that... Rk. II parts are generally group drops. Rk. III are generally raid drops. I say generally because if I make a more definitive statement, I'm generally going to be wrong.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I don't believe you'd be wrong, in this case. I have never heard of any class having even a single spell or disc rank 3 available outside of raiding.

Early rank 2s were drops from solo and group content (i.e. could be random drops from almost any mob), but in later expacs were received from quest turn-ins, with the needed drop coming from mission chests or named mob drops. Some are also available on vendors, purchased with alternate currency.
  11. Szilent Augur

SoF had faction-quested rk3s
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not quite. They were faction-related quests, but the quest items were all obtained in raids, so....
  13. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Mostly true however...

Ladies of the Light Elite Supplier unlocked without raids (see first comment):
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=27789

It's possible that Ak'Akon Supplier Mark 88 might be unlocked with just the Octo thing, but there's not a clear answer on Alla.

I know the Ladies worked without raids cause I did it when current and was not raiding then.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Dicho/Dissident rank 3s are non-raid. Not in the spirit of what you were talking about, but just saying!
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

@Cragzop @yepmetoo

OK, fair enough, the exceptions that prove the rule.

Didn't know about Ladies rank 3s not needing raid drops.

Yeah, knew about Dicho/Dissident, but those hadn't occurred to me, since they're kinda different than all our other spells, in the way they're earned.

Just put the Ladies rank 3s on my to-do list ;)