New player, where to start?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Vheska, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Vheska New Member

Hi all,

I used to play EQ when it first came out, always will be my favorite MMO experience of all time. I saw they added 2 new progression servers recently so I downloaded the game. I've been reading while it's been downloading, and getting really confused by some things I am seeing. Everyone is talking about "boxing" multiple characters. I never did that in the past. Is that the only way people play these days? It doesn't sound like fun to me to create my own party... that is what I loved so much about EQ in the past was the sense of community and banding together with others. Does it still exist somewhere? Does anyone recommend a particular server for a returning player where I could experience that?

Need some help on how to get started again if anyone has advice or tips for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!
  2. Broozer Augur

If you are playing on a regular server, no need to box for a while. Just you and a warrior merc will get you to 60+. Best place to start is the tutorial and then following the Hero's Journey which should get you going well early on.
  3. Vheska New Member

So you can't find anyone to play with until end game? I guess that defeats the purpose of coming back I don't really want to solo the game. Thank you for the response!
  4. Dahaman Augur

You want to join either Aradune or Rizlona.

Aradune really sounds ideal for your situation, except Aradune has so many people that there is a lengthy queue at this time. Aradune is limited to 2 characters per player with a lot of players also playing only a single character, much like yourself. There will be a TON of grouping potential at low levels on the server for some time to come.

if you can't handle the queue situation, which should resolve itself with time, then start a pre-character on Rizlona to get the layout of the game and then create your planned character on Aradune for when the queue dies down.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

if you want to group from level 1 then start on the new TLP Aradune server.
  6. Vheska New Member

Thanks I decided to start here. If any returning players are checking out the forum and want to try to group up send me a message.
  7. Raptorjesus5 Augur

If you plan to start the TLPs, I would still highly recommend running through the tutorial on a normal server first. Make sure you actually read the dialogue. There will be a lot of helpful info there, even if not all of it applies to the TLP.