Thats EQ Baby breaks classic completion record

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Whatthehype, Jun 3, 2020.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

2. TLP Addict Augur

[IMG]
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Congrats TEQB:cool:
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Some people play TLPs for this sort of personal reward. Zaide was first to level 50 and then he deleted the character on video. There's a thread on it here. It's not my thing, but who am I to say what other peoples' goals should be?
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Xeris Augur

It's a cool achievement and something to be happy about. Why not? If you don't care about the competition, then obviously this achievements doesn't matter to you... if you do care, then it does. There are 3 professed batphone guilds on this server, which is more than any TLP since I've played: Agnarr, Coirnav, Mangler only professed to have 1 batphone guild.

I might argue that winning the race for 'completing' all the server raids means more on this server than any others because there is actually >1 guild trying to do it. If That's EQ Baby was only competing against itself, it means less... but Rampage also is trying to do OW content, and Praedem or whatever as well.
  6. MugatuTheRelaxed New Member

Any others? Yikes. Recent TLP competition is a joke compared to Fippy or any other pre-AOC server.

Also, comparing clear times from different servers is pathetically laughable by the way, there are too many factors, with the main obvious one being different XP rates.
  7. Dyzalot Augur

Or long queues and random disconnects.
  8. Kittany Augur

Congrats. That said, I don't get the point. So, they 'finished' classic in record time. They now farm for 2 1/2 months? o_O
  9. Protagonist Tank

It's a video game. The point is to do things you enjoy.

Not every action is an attempt to create a long term plan for your second digital life. It's just an entertainment product.
  10. Kittany Augur

You're right on the first two accounts, but the third is just a low jab insult. Statistically speaking, most of the TLP 'first'ers' usually quit the server after they achieved said firsts. That doesn't sound fun at all. :p
  11. ECrack Augur

12. Machen New Member

To you...
  13. Kittany Augur

In the spirit of trying to keep things civil, unlike some have been in their replies to me; What do you find fun about the game after 21 years?

I'm in no way belittling the achievement to those who did it. But to me it's like saying you won a a game of blind poker by knowing the cards that are going to be played before they're dealt. I'd be more excited about somebody doing something unique rather than the same ol same ol that everybody else has done before.
  14. Xeris Augur

Guess I should have added, TLP's that I've seen... I didn't play anything before Agnarr so I'm not sure about what happened before that. At least since 2017, there hasn't been more than 1 batphone/competitive guild on any TLP.
  15. Xeris Augur

I joined this guild, and I've never done the 'batphone' racing thing before, it's been a different thing to me, so I find that fun (also because of covid 19 lockdowns, I'm stuck at home/work from home so I got nothing else to do and I am in a position to just be on EQ all day if I want)... I find it fun being in a guild full of people who all know how to play the game well. I get to learn stuff I didn't know before. It's kinda dumb, but being at Naggy and seeing everyone control their pets properly was pretty cool.

I also disagree with the 'same ol things everyone has done before.' In this particular case, nobody has gone through classic this quickly before, so it isn't the same thing everyone's done before. Also, not everyone that is playing on TLP's is some EQ vet that's gone through all the content before. I played EQ when I was in middle school/HS and I never really raided. I've only played 1 other TLP before (Agnarr) so there I got to do all this content for the first time... it was exciting to me. I'm having fun so far on Aradune doing things a bit differently than I did on Agnarr now that I know more about the game.

Plus a few of my buddies are here and I've enjoyed hanging out with them on EQ. There's 34543873478x things to do and have fun with in EQ. If you're super hardcore, you enjoy the racing/contesting OW raid targets, that's fun... if you like the social aspect, you can find something fun to do. If you like questing, you can have fun with quests. There's an infinite amount of ways to have fun in this game... so I don't think it's super fair to question what or why people enjoy the game, everyone's got their reasons.
  16. Machen New Member

Two things. Competing against other players, and doing things I've never done. I did both of those on selos launch and immediately quit after the server first race was over, and personally I enjoyed it even though my contribution was pretty minimal.

I admire someone being first to level to 50 and then immediately deleting the character, because that's something that no one's ever done.

It's the weird stuff after all these years of the same repeating treadmill that is interesting and fun for me.
  17. Minpire Augur

May 27th gonna be a day a to Remember
    More Loot than a rich kid on the 25th of December
    KRONO BUCKS
    #1 GUILD Thats EQ Baby
    RAMPAGE about to be sent straight into Remission
    LOBSTER
    MUDDY FIELD
    Facts about to come to light and cause a guild wide depression
    DPS Racin while you playin Politician
    Writers Cramp

Everything Has become Facts
  18. TLP Addict Augur

19. jeskola pheerie

Its fun to watch, ya haters. Grats to That's EQ Baby!
  20. Gio1999 Augur

Grats guys!