Dreamweaver, your silence is deafening about Aradune.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fabieli, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Fabieli New Member

It took you 4 days to write something to us, to give an update on the failed launch of Aradune. I actually emailed you personally. I emailed your boss, I even emailed the CEO of DaybreakGames. I honestly didn't expect a response from you or anyone, really. Hell, I probably went into a spam filter. But the fact that you have 3 hour queues (and sometimes more) to get into a server, cannot be looked at as "business as usual".

Maybe you really did run metrics, and most people who paid for 3 month subscriptions die off after 3 months, so why waste the resources to upgrade your servers? But what I don't get is that, you're running a 21 year old game, on servers that would run circles around the equipment that ran this stuff even 5-7 years ago. And you had many more subscriptions back then, than you do now, which meant more people hammering the servers.

All we truly want are updates.

1. When do you anticipate us getting on Aradune without queues?
    2. What are you doing to address the queue times?
    3. Many of us came specifically for this server. Not Rizlona. What will you be doing to compensate our time? I took a week off work with 4 of my friends who did the same, to come to locked servers, crashed servers, and queue times that led to servers crashing again. We want compensation for our lost time. You can define what it will be. But take our wasted time into consideration please?
    4. What are you doing to combat the rampant boxing you guys promised to stop on Aradune?

You're a community manager, and the hot topic on your forum is Aradune queue times, but your best response after 4 days of silence is, "try logging in between midnight and 7am?" Seriously?

I was stunned when I saw that. We deserve better from your company. We're the ones keeping you afloat, not the other way around.

Get your act together, please. Even smaller companies can be worse than EA Games in customer service. Can you please start updating us on a daily basis? Even our tangerine president can do that when the s%*^ hits the fan, and I would like to think you're better than him.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

After being around dbg and modern eq I pretty much expect the queues to settle as people simply stop logging in.

I would urge you not to get too worked up. Daybreak or Darkpaw are not very responsive.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are you asking Dreamweaver to predict when the server population will drop enough so that it is not full during prime time?
  4. brickz Augur

dreamweaver just posts what he's told to, calling him out with a tl;dr post isn't going to do anything.
  5. Dyzalot Augur

Yeah Dreamweaver has nothing to do with the long wait times. Heck he even said he waited in 12 hour queues to play DAOC at some point.
  6. MaestroM Augur

He's been posting in Discord all day.
  7. Thygrym Elder

Aradune has been up for a week now and still has 90+ min queues during the evenings. That usually translates to at least 2 hours wait time or more. Mangler wasn't even remotely this bad.. it was only bad for 2 to 3 days.

It's not asking too much for the company to be transparent and keep their paying customers informed on what is going on and what they plan to do to fix the problems. This company has a terrible reputation on customer service.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  8. auto21 Elder

Yes, it was a cluster f**k launch... yes they could have prepared us more (but i'm told this is what happens every launch.. so shame on us for expecting more) but they did provide updates on Twitter and then to the forums.

Yes, he is the mouth piece but you are naive if you think that he has any say on technical issues like server capacity; even the devs will have their hands tied - do more with less is the narrative for most small companies.

Let me take a stab at your answers:
    1). Hard to say. It seems that they have already increased server capacity but increasing it more (I believe) creates server instability. Queues will reduce as the playerbase thins out.
    2). they already told us this. Increasing any artificial cap whilst monitoring server stability and reducing the AFK timer to remove those in-game. Continuing to monitor other options.
    3). this is a tricky one and most companies get round it by offering free days or perks but not at the detriment of the business model. I think they could offer some GM events with unique rewards as a thank you and apology. e.g. no-trade manastone, titles
    4). I personally haven't seen any boxing yet but I hear they are quick to clamp down on petitions.
  9. Pawtato Augur

No way, Dreamweaver is 100% in charge. Just try looking into a mirror and saying Dreamweaver 3 times. You don’t wanna know what happens.
    dreamweaver likes this.
  10. Thygrym Elder

Posting nonsense and nothing of value or even a single word about the issues with Aradune and the huge queue times.
  11. MaestroM Augur

Well a bunch of other servers were down, so he was talking to players on those servers.

I assume with queue times, a management decision was made not to upgrade the servers. Not DW's fault there's no change from what he told you the last time.

DPG has ways of tracking all of the people who claim they're quitting here. I assume most of these posts are (i) made by the same few people and (ii) bluff (notice how they're always new accounts or, my favorite, have post history threatening the same on previous TLPs? how about instead of a no-box server we have no-box forums).

If DPG thought they could make more money by increasing server capacity, i assure you they would. Take comfort in that.
  12. Misaligned Augur

They're not going to invest resources in addressing a problem that always works itself out naturally. It just ain't gonna happen. Anyone who's been around for more than one TLP will realize this.

What would this person posting ultimately do for you? Would it appease your angst? Would you be happier with the situation?

While I think the way most of this stuff is handled is abysmal I've accepted it as the reality. Despite the temporary surges when a new TLP launches the population of this game as a whole is not growing and expecting things to improve is setting yourself up for disappointment.

If you happen to be incredibly wealthy offer to throw enough money at the problem to get someone's attention. Otherwise, buckle up, punch yourself in the crotch and enjoy the ride.
  13. Sikkun Augur

Another way to think about it is on Ragefire they did at minimum double capacity (to the point servers are often not stable) and released another server.

If they are not talking about a second server....then they have reasons to believe the queue isn’t as big of a deal as a couple posters make it out to be.
  14. MagicOrcen New Member

The best part about the queue is when you get into game and the game locks up or you get booted you have to wait that nice 2-3 hours all over again. I would think they would be intelligent enough to code it to give you 5 minutes of a leeway to log back in. I also get the occasional error while waiting in queue and have to restart the game and start back over.
  15. Thygrym Elder

Like the others above you... that's just speculation. We don't know what they plan to do or if they plan to do anything at all, because they refuse to say anything to their customers about it.

Given the number of threads on this issue, it's not just "a couple of posters". The queue isn't accurate either.. 81m it said tonight.. that was over 2 hours ago. It's been a week now and all we've heard is "play in the middle of the night".
  16. Sikkun Augur

81 minutes is an estimate based on how often people were logging off before you got in the queue. There is no way to accurately know how long people will play.
  17. Dyzalot Augur

The queue is accurate for what it is. It is the average wait time of people just logging in then. So if at start of prime time when more logging on than off, your wait time will be more than the current average listed. If after prime time when more are logging off than on, your wait time will be less that the average posted. I've seen both sides of this.
  18. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I was in the official discord for a couple hours, then unsubbed from it. Pure cancer. For twenty years, people have been demanding they communicate through the forums, because well, they own them. But they go to third party websites and use other platforms like Discord instead.

No it's not Dreamweaver's fault that there are queues, or crashes if you use the LFG tool, or you get kicked for mashing a button one too many times. But communication is his/her job, and it's not being done to the satisfaction of many players.
  19. Dyzalot Augur

Dream's twitter posts are reposted here. You can see them on main forum page.
  20. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Yeah, about that. Nothing for days there either.