Monitoring Que Times ... LOL

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by BetterEQ, Jun 2, 2020.

1. BetterEQ New Member

You have been monitoring LONG que times for a week now, and DONE NOTHING. There are still hour long ques to play when most people can log on.

You ask us to play IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, are you serious? (I guess you are, you typed that)

We hear nothing from the Producer of the game, just SILENCE on both server stability AND long ques. (Just throw Dreamwaever out and lock threads/ delete posts that HE deems wrong

And we PAY a monthly fee for this, I am just realizing who the FOOLS are here.

We know lots of you are excited to play on Aradune, and wanted to provide an update. We've been monitoring queue times for the server closely and at this time we're at the maximum capacity it can safely handle. We have noticed, If you have a flexible play time, there have been little to no queues between 12 AM and 7 AM PDT. We have made changes to the AFK timer to improve queue flow and are continuing to look at further improvements to reduce queue times during peak hours.
  2. Raurk Zorander Journeyman

They are too embarrassed to even respond to the throng of players outside their building with torches and pitchforks (virtually at least) - so they just stick their heads in the sand and hope we go away.
  3. Hinastorm86 Augur

This ain't their first rodeo, it WILL go away, in about another week. This always happens, every time. A huge crush, then it goes away. It won't be different this time.

Apparently it's not worth it, and or not possible, for them to invest in smoother launches. I'll admit that i'm able to be level headed about it because im on Riz, I may of been a bit more annoyed if I wanted to be on Ara.
  4. Raurk Zorander Journeyman

LOL even their current "update" about the servers down says a "potential" issue - It's an ACTUAL issue if the servers crashed, not a potential issue. Give me a break people.
  5. Ishbu Augur

I wish they would at least make a real queue display that shows your actual place in line.

A broken average time that only counts up past your actual time is completely useless and its been that way for years
  6. KimchiGoddess Augur

Jchan is so hands off with the community it's freaking ridiculous. Communication was never a strong point for DPG but I feel it's even worse with Holly gone.

People are saying it's like this every time and I agree - for like launch day and maybe the day after. Not almost a week after the server launched. I've played every TLP since Agnarr during primetime and I've never had issues beyond day one.
    Trey likes this.
  7. Sikkun Augur

Wasn’t as bad but....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...ments/bxau74/world_server_at_maximum_mangler/

3 months later and a queue still got hit at times. Guessing probably an expansion launch day. Ragefire queues lasted over a week and a new server came out. Can debate if Lockjaw was a success or not though. Deff not the first time it’s been a problem post day one.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Nazzu New Member

I agree, I was on Agnarr, Coirnav and Mangler at launch and none were anything like this. Mangler was a nightmare and pretty much unplayable for the first 12 hours or so and had some issues and crashes off and on afterwards. It did have a queue initially, but I never had to wait in it after day 2, not once, and I would log in and out all through the day, everyday at work and got on every night at prime time with no issues. I've heard Ragefire was horrible, but I didn't play there to know how they compared.
  9. KimchiGoddess Augur

Weird I was on Mangler at launch as well and played daily but only ever hit a queue on day one. Though I've also seen people posting about some getting in automatically and some waiting 3 hours so I don't really know what to think.
  10. Deadshade Augur

Ragefire was equivalent to what we see with Aradune right now. So they created Lockjaw and the queues went away. The problem ?
    Well Lockjaw hasn't had a viable number of players and transformed to a ghost town pretty fast. They could have merged it back to Ragefire perhaps 6 months later but they didn't.
  11. Healiez Augur

Queue is at 53 minutes now, 3 days ago it would have been closer to 3 hours.

I am content to wait this out and see. Maybe they are slowly upping capacity and monitoring server stability? Maybe less people are playing? maybe both? who knows.

I am content with a queue if it means overall server health in the long run. I feel for the people crashing though, that must suck. A hold your place in line during a crash would be a nice addition and I think people would be much more likely to stomach a queue if that was the case. I havent crashed once so it is easy for me to say the queue is no big deal.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

As more and more people hit 50 they stop logging in unless its a raid day, queues will improve just from that alone, not to mention some people will rage quit. Problem solves itself.
  13. Megazen Elder

There are a lot more people in a position to play EQ right now, which is something they should have predicted 100%. They've done this plenty of times before, they know what the crush is going to be, and you can easily foresee that this particular server at this particular time is going to be the hardest hit ever.

Sorry, but this is inept combined with lack of concern, and a good measure of misguided bean counting.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  14. Zanarnar Augur

BAH forum hiccup, sorry for the double post
  15. Zanarnar Augur

Ya I'm not sure as a small developer driving away paying players is a good plan.

For the "it happens every server" people .. ya. Players want to play, find out they can't reasonably do that, and eventually give up and go back to whatever else they were playing/doing.

I didn't even bother this time to reserve my character names for when luclin drops... If the next round of servers aren't any better I doubt I'll be even paying any attention by the round after that. Its not that I don't want to play, its that the non dbg world provide a better experience right now.
  16. Insanoflex New Member

Back when I worked in call center workforce planning we had a saying that you don't build the church for Easter Sunday. They knew going into it that their infrastructure wouldn't be able to handle the influx of players. They also knew that it would calm down after about a week so they didn't invest anything additional into infrastructure that wouldn't be needed later.
  17. Zanarnar Augur

Eh I'd say its more like a venue that way oversold tickets to a concert and is basically just saying tough to the people standing outside hoping to get in, but having to wait for the bouncers to throw someone out since its at capacity.

Churches don't tend to charge admission, TLP servers do.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm one of those, but I have admit that this one was quite a bit worse than other server launches in the past 3-4 years.