Rizlona dead already?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ghost Of Fippy, May 30, 2020.

1. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

What happened to all the peeps on here that for years screamed for a Boxing TLP Server?

While waiting in a 152m Queue earlier this afternoon to play on Aradune, I logged onto Rizlona instead. It had no Queue. I created a Wood Elf and entered the game. Did a /who. 31 Names appeared in GFay, and there were no picks.

Maybe all you guys were from Europe, and where asleep then.

Or get your butts off Aradune and onto the server you demanded, so the rest of us can play.
  2. Sikkun Augur

They currently have Riz as one of the few servers with a high population status.
  3. Healiez Augur

I think everyone knew this would happen. It is basically advertised as a toxic server based on my experience with box teams on other servers.

If you dont box there is zero point to play on Rizlona, and honestly, while a lot of people DO box 2-3 toons, most people dont box full teams, certainly not enough to have their own server.

Also take not everyone asking for a pvp progression server, Rizlona is what it would look like (actually probably worse)

TBH this doesnt surprise me, with the current state of the Aradune queue there are probably a lot of Aradune refugees so to speak on Rizlona, just amusing themselves while waiting for Aradune to chill out.

Not to mention im not sure how many people it takes to hit "high" population, as even some TLP's in there struggling days still read high population.
    TheDohn and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  4. Sikkun Augur

PVP server would probably never hit High. Mirigual looks better than it would look.
  5. Silver-Crow Augur

All the people with more money than sense are on Aradune, so of course that's where the RMT crowd that make up alot of the box community are going to go... with their aunts, uncles, kids, kids friends, their neighbours and everyone they met that day at the supermarket.

There's no money to be made selling to self sufficient boxers, who could probably run them out of most camps anyway, so those that play EQ for cash were never going to play there.

Rizlona isn't dead by any means, everyone there is just self isolating and avoiding crowds :D
  6. Qwertie New Member

I logged in to play on Rizlona because I was tired of waiting in queue for Aradune. There was a group of characters all on autofollow at one of the lifts in G Fay and their names were all (Race)(dude) or (Race)(chick). One dude with no naming creativity playing six accounts and owning everything in the G-Fay newb zone.

That's what it's going to look like for the life of the server.

we won't be able to get groups because everyone has their own group. These people aren't interested in the social aspect of the game, they want the P#47 L3w+Z and they're going to get it. But why aren't these people playing on the live servers? I don't get it.
  7. Megazen Elder

People have been able to log into Riz pretty easily, there's no one in greater fay, because there is no one that needs to be in greater fay. The bulk of players on Riz are in lower guk, unrest etc. I was just on there this morning, and even Crushbone had 3 picks.
  8. nagash101 Augur

Rizlona was a huge waste of hardware and time. Reset that to a truebox server and let peeps on Aradune transfer to it for free before half of the paying players just cancel and wash their hands of the game completely. Stop cratering to the Krono farmers and poop-sockers that have all abut ruined this game.
    lockjaws likes this.
  9. Sikkun Augur

Riz has a high server population....

And if your so worried about poop-sockers and Krono farmers, your literally sitting in a queue to play on the server they are on.
  10. Lionari Elder

Rizlona is amazing. Best EQ experience so far. Why won't Aradune simps leave us alone in peace? We have our own server -- you have your own server -- let us be!

I please ask all the Karens and whiners to stay on Aradune (the other boxing server). The entirety of Aradune is meme-tier and ultra toxic. Streamers are getting accounts suspended for being accused of cheating, when clearly they are not cheating at all. The Karens are obviously very active over at Aradune!

This thread is a prime example of the severity of cancer on Aradune. They are actually attacking Rizlona because we don't have hour long ques, despite having a 'high' population. like...what? Seriously!? lmao

For the record, I have not personally seen a single boxer with more than 6 toons. A surprising amount of EQers only have 2-3 boxes, and decided to play on Rizlona to avoid the poop fest that anyone with a brain knew Aradune was going to be. I've even ran into a large number of solo players!

The vibe on Rizlona is definitely very chill. It only gets knocked off beat when a troll from Aradune loggs in and starts spamming general/newbie chat with their toxicity.

I hope all you box-haters enjoy the extravagant RMTing, snitching, flaming, lagging, que-waiting, and general toxicity that's occurring on Aradune!

Buh bye!
  11. Trevalon Augur

It was parsed a few years ago about the "high" status, and I believe the number was around 500 people to get "high" status in EQ...of course its got more than 500...that doesnt make it popular.

The truth is, all the truebox people have been saying that a box server wouldnt do very well and now were seeing the truth. They should have cancelled Riz and made 2 Aradunes...
  12. Kabshaak Journeyman

I enjoy Rizlona alongside a lot of other folks and I was not going to roll on a truebox server because I don't have hardware to properly truebox. Rizlona's ruleset was a great choice and got people a lot of people to sub multiple accounts. And since boxers are going to be mostly self sufficient, I don't think there is going to be a great market/opportunity for Krono farmers, but I'm not very well-versed in that department
  13. Lionari Elder

It must significantly urk cry babies like you to know that Rizlona is literally a PERFECT experience at the moment for the EQers who have been waiting for such a server. Ques are minimal, people are EVERYWHERE, all the RMTing and toxicity is on 'the other server', and all Rizlonians are having a great time!
  14. Sikkun Augur

Well you have 24 servers, 7 are high. So if Riz is a waste because you dislike boxing 17 other servers are currently a much larger waste.
    Lionari likes this.
  15. Lionari Elder

lmao. Logic hurts!
  16. Trevalon Augur

I agree, they should have merged ALOT more servers than they did.
  17. Trevalon Augur

No his logic is perfect and sound, they should have merged all the smaller servers and not just 3 of em.
  18. Lionari Elder

So you agree there are servers that are a waste of resources -- Rizlona not included? ;)
  19. Trevalon Augur

Sure, Rizlona is fine - time will tell how it does. I do agree that they should have merged all 10 of the Low/Medium servers because those servers are all wastes. That being said, Aradune, Mangler, Phinigel, Agnarr, Coirnav have all been much more popular than Rizlona seems to be, so I do think its telling that the vast majority of people prefer the truebox servers to the box servers. But I am fine with boxers getting their server, but I think they should have planned for something with Aradune. 4 hour queues on day 4 is unacceptable.
  20. Lionari Elder

The problem with your theory is Aradune is not real single-player, true box server. It does allow for two boxes. If only single boxes were allowed you definitely would not have this issue as there are ALOT of boxers on Aradune who are hogging those slots.

Don't forget, most people on Aradune will level to 40ish and just quit. Many on Rizlona are in it for the long-term as they have alot more invested into the server already.

It's naive to pretend to be oblivious to the fact that server launches are ALWAYS like this.