overseer: conversions and max completed quests

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Jumbur, May 21, 2020.

1. Baldur Augur

I have stopped playing for a couple days, just staying in the guild hall and doing overseer.

And I haven't had this happen again since I started doing that. So it seems related to zoning or switching chars maybe?
  2. Egressor New Member

I have seen similar oddities to those mentioned in this thread. It is becoming very problematic to actually get 10 quests done before the counter has locked the balance of the rotation. The quests can vanish or appear upon completion! I have seen only 4 quests completed (5 were started), or even 6 completed (again while 5 were started), and waiting to redeem, IF the counter has not maxed mysteriously. As mentioned, the idea of using DB coin to end the quest now makes little sense practically, as we now just have to wait several hours for the rotation to open up (one hopes) to continue with game play.
  3. cadres Augur

Maybe. I switch from my main and only do overseer on an alt. I've had all the bugs everyone else has described in the various threads** Often the alt doesn't zone, but there is the switching of chars. I've tried various combos of leaving them logged on for awhile after starting the quests, doing them in various zones etc, but nothing has made any difference. Usually at least 1 quest is missing; often 2/3.

** so many threads and posts but no Dev comment/update on this topic??!!
    dreadlord likes this.
  4. seber Augur

this thing so bug now I log over my alts claim my quest pop back to 10/10 and have wait 12hr more think only got claim my one set in last 7day

love God put back was was ?????
  5. Cacky Elder

If any devs read this, just wanted to add my 2 cents: no questions or confusion about conversion quests (as mentioned in first post), just doing quests, reaching max completed quests 10/10, then the rotation timer counts down, the quests rotate, but the max completed quests remains at 10/10 and I can't finish (collect reward) on any of my completed quests for another 12+ hours. Really killing the overseer joy to tbe locked out of it completely!
  6. GoneFission Augur

When this started happening, I thought it was a bug in the conversion mission count. Now I think it’s in opening and closing Overseer.

This morning, I started all 3 accounts, and opened Overseer on the first to check completion times. Then I logged all three to character select. Two I left, the third I checked a camp for a spawn. When the quests were done, I logged all three back in in the characters I wanted to redeem. Two accounts were the same as my previous logon.

The first account where I checked my timers now had 9/10 quests redeemed, although all 3 had rotated. The account I checked the spawn had no issues. None of the accounts had a character change zones. The only difference was the bugged account had opened Overseer, then closed it and logged.
  7. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

It's been a minute since I lost any quests by zoning. However, I haven't been able to claim a single mission on my main account for 36 hours. It resets, I log over to the character I want to claim it on, and boom, 10/10 without claiming anything. I guess I'm going to be forced to either be on that character when it rolls, or just go back to claiming them on my rogue whether I want to or not until they get this fixed.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  8. maxwell Lorekeeper

I can confirm that zoning changes the MAX completed quest numbers randomly sometimes it adds 5 other times it adds 10. so I may go from 2/10 gate and next thing it say 8/10 or 10/10 completed.

May I recommend removing that feature until you guys can fix the issue or leave it out totally for it was not part of overseer before last patch. And you guys are losing money by having it there for people now are spending less money to finish quests earlier than before.

I know I am one of those people for I would do around 15 to 18 quest in the 12 hours period by paying to finish earlier. Makes no sense to lose out on money you guys can make.

Remove the Max completed Quest feature it just make sense. IT DOES NOT WORK.
  9. Lani New Member

Logged in today with overseer completed quest time about to reset and an hour or so left on the 12 hour tasks I had started yesterday before logging. Went to housing, timer reset while there 0/10. But still waiting for tasks to finish, so I zone back into lobby to AFK in the buff pile. When I land in the lobby (with task timers still ticking down) my completion timer is now at 10/10. I have two accounts running. Both logged in, one reset just fine.
    This is not the first time that my completed timer has been at 9/10 or 10/10 with no tasks completed in the 12 hour period. Happening on two accounts seemingly at random. I have been doing 12 or 24 hour tasks mostly to try and alleviate this, but it doesn't seem to help.
    Seconding the above suggestion to remove the max completed feature, at least until you can make it work properly.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think what makes this bug so much worse is that this thread was started more than 2 weeks ago, and the devs haven't even so much as ACKNOWLEDGED the issue.

They really don't give a sh*t about overseer.