Aradune & Rizlona Launch Date! - May 27

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Thygrym Elder

For me the biggest issue is the lack of transparency and communication from DPG. Their Discord hasn't had a peep for almost 36 hours. Twitter not updated for nearly as long. Nothing on the forums at all by anyone for at least that long.

A few messages about what's going on, how far over capacity they are seeing demand... what they plan to do about it... whether there will be any refunds or bonuses for all those who signed up just to play on Aradune etc etc. Heck, even a simple acknowledgement that they know people are frustrated and that they're working on plans/ideas would be better than complete silence. This is very, very poor customer service and as such I have cancelled my sub and won't be coming back to any Daybreak game ever again once that paid time is over. There are many other things I can do with my time and places I can spend my money.
  2. Dumpling25 New Member

I don't think your opinion on whether or not I am "neglected" means very much to me. Thanks for the response, though.
  3. Lyrical Augur

Its funny how many people share an opinion on how you shouldnt get to have an opinion. The opinion that money was wasted and will not be spent again means nothing to the person who is happy with the status quo.........even though losing paying customers is a detriment to anyone who still plays.

We got some rocket scientists here.
  4. Herf Augur

Day 4, still can't login to Aradune due to long queues.
    Nisse likes this.
  5. Zee_Rex Journeyman

What an absolute clown show.
    Nisse likes this.
  6. ReturningPlayer New Member

This is a rather unpleasant experience. To be polite.

Some active players including myself were quite interested in the Aradune TLP and planned to start an alt guild there with many old friends we convinced to come back and play again.
    A fresh server, easy grouping at low level, no bot armies (in theory at least), dedicated GMs (allegedly - but then I imagine they cannot log in either), many players in newbie zones, economy not yet burdened by hundreds of millions of pp ... lot of good arguments to get old players back.

And we got them ! Many players not seen in Norrath for over 15 years !

Okay, launch was disastrous. S*** happen, nobody planned to do anything on the first night anyway.

But since then the [censored] logging queue is a nightmare, and most peoples we convinced to come back already left, likely never to return.
    Wait for 1 to 2 hour on average (sometimes over 10+ hours ! - right now it has been over 4 hours for me) without even an accurate countdown, play half an hour, crash to desktop, repeat. For 2 days now, and running in a 3-day weekend on top?
    Forget about guild grouping, or any concerted activities ... two-third of our players are unable to connect at any given time.

Sure, we can (and maybe will) wait a couple week and start again then ... we planned a big 3 day week-end of fun to start, that plan is trash now, but we hope to be there for a long time.
    Those that don't switch to some lesser but playable game in the meantime.
    Still, it is an incredibly badly managed launch.

And the worse ... not a single word of apology from Daybreakgames.
    Or even a single communication since they got the server up and (sort of) running again.
    Would it hurt to take 30 seconds to log in and post "We apologize for the bad experience, we are working on solving the problems but don't have a solution yet."
    Nisse likes this.
  7. Suzy New Member

I just started a three-month subscription, and I can't play the game that I paid to pay ... ok, if this was launch day, that's understandable. But multiple days after, there's still an hour+ wait (which seems to keep growing)?? That must be the lowest I've yet seen from EQ - I think everyone ought to press for recompense in some fashion, expecially since we paid for a special service, and have gotten nada thusfar. It's gotta be illegal.
  8. Sheil New Member

Fair point Suzy. But what makes it even worse is that it is so time consuming to get logged in that once you get in you stay in. If I want to take a break for a while I used to log off and then log back in later... now I won't log off and just leave my toon logged in. I'm sure many do the same now leaving less spots for anyone else to login. This makes the issue much worse for all, but what choice are we left with? It is not reasonable to log off for 45 minutes and then have to wait for more than an hour to login again. Just stupid that DB was not anywhere near prepared for this.
  9. Justanothermage1 New Member

That que time you are talking about is the login server not the world server. If your in game your in game once everyone is in game there isnt a que into other zones.
    Que is there so people dont hammer the login server and stopping others from logging into other servers.
  10. Beardsy Elder

I've only been able to play Aradune past midnight EST. I'm done trying. GG daybreak.
  11. Givathot New Member

DreamW,

1. It would be nice to know if there is a max server population that is causing these issues.
    2. Know there are ways to simulate simultaneous logins to login server for testing. As well as users on server.
    3. Sure you would not be giving up any proprietary secrets by stating to community that the code for the game has limitations and if you would state those limitations it would put many players minds not so much at rest but at least understanding.
  12. Sa Da Tay New Member

cool 170 minute queue today. Daybreak Games, y'all are doing a terrible job and you should feel bad
  13. Givathot New Member

DreamW,

That all being said could you make an Aradune2 server obviously you have plenty of players that could support it. Then offer open window to transfer to other. Also since you know there is a limit of how many can play at a time try sending out a sign up list for servers to find out how many are interested then can prepare ahead of time to see if you need more of 1 kind of server such as 2 or 3 Aradune.
  14. Givathot New Member

DreamW,

Would it be possible to do a check on disconnects VS logoff to those trying to log back in within a certain time limit like say 5 min. That way someone who has waited 2 hours to get on and then for some reason gets DC does not have to wait another 2 hours to get back on. Know I have got on then been DC in less then 30min this is very frustrating.
  15. randomjoe99 New Member

wait in queue 155 min est wait closer to 3 hour and get to character select hit enter world and crashed. log back in now 177 min est queue guess I can't play again tonight. looking like its gonna be a waste of a krono. At least I was lucky enough to play for a few hours earlier in the day but its still pretty sad.
  16. Fabieli New Member

I got 5 of my friends to come back to EQ, and we're about to leave. If we group together and manage to get in at the same time, if one person crashes, they're gone and it ruins the night since we don't want to get too far ahead of the one that crashed. It's so frustrating.

We don't want Mangler, we want Aradune where most people are. And we don't want Rizlona because they're nothing but boxes there
  17. Zyth New Member

I came back after a year... looks like I'm going to demand my money back on the $75 spent for bags and subscription. This is utter nonsense.
  18. Killbill New Member

@dreamweaver What is the general consensus? That most people want the servers to stop at PoP or to continue to be live servers?

Is the plan still to leave them locked at PoP?

Thanks