Launcher: Checking Files...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Imukai, May 22, 2020.

1. Imukai Augur

So I have a few accounts. And my side PC is slow.

Every time I switch accounts the launcher decides it needs to scan all the files again. It had just finished scanning them 1 second before when it first loaded up. Not sure why switching an account would trigger a new scan and takes a full minute+ before Play is lit up.

It's really only noticeable on that slow PC. My main PC takes about half a second.

Anyone know? Was going to ask DB but I doubt they know.

My solution is to bypass the Launcher but I'd rather make it stop doing that.
  2. phattoni Augur

i used to have this problem, was easily remedied by buying a cheap ssd, used to take forever to log in all my accounts through the patcher, now that i have an ssd its literally seconds, and zoning is much faster as well.
  3. Imukai Augur

I think a SSD is probably worth more than the rest of the hardware at this point, which probably is a sign I should upgrade it overall.

The game plays fine after it loads (zoning is slow though) -- it's just that initial re-scan to switch accounts that annoys me.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You can buy a decent SSD (which will outperform your current spindle-based hard disk by about 1000%) for $20. No kidding. Yes, you will need to reinstall Windows. But if you're on Windows 10, just throw it on an 8GB USB drive before you upgrade. The nice thing here is that you are downloading a fully-patched and up-to-date OS. It's slick. :)

This is simply more evidence that your current hardware is likely just fine. The cheap SSD option solves both the issues you present here.

$29.99 for an ADATA 240GB
    $21.99 for a Silicon Power 120GB

I don't know how old your PC is, but you will want to check two things: Does it have SATA ports? And does your Power Supply have SATA power connectors available to plug in to the drive?

If you have the older ATX white molex plugs, or simply need a SATA cable, or both, this Combo Pack will do the trick at $8.99