The ratrace and fear of missing out.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Strawberry, May 28, 2020.

1. Strawberry Augur

The angst of missing out, the fear of falling behind.

The demands to reset a server so everyone is back on a level playing field.

You'd never see this type of reaction in a single player game that is delayed a day.

The angst in the forums have nothing to do with accessing the product, but everything with the way Everquest is designed. The fear that 24 hours will have passed, and one has lost a competitive edge in comparison to other players.

I find that interesting.
  2. Sikkun Augur

You won’t be missing out. It’s out of boredom.
  3. Strawberry Augur

interesting

[IMG]
  4. Hinastorm86 Augur

I used to fall victim to this, and I still do a little to some extent, but I long ago realized I can't and or won't compete with the sweaty racing tryhards.

As soon as you accept that fact, it's much easier to accept you won't be at the top.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  5. loaks Journeyman

It is the businesses responsiblity to ensure that a brand new server be a level playing field. It plays into many other factors not just the need to have an edge. Being able to stay even with your buddies, being a part of the mad dash, together, not missing half the noobie groups, the nostalgia alone could be a reason. But also, TIME is the biggest factor, people all planned to play. and now day 2 and people are getting straight up screwed with 3 hour ques. That is bonkers. They could not have done a single thing worse than they have already, and there has been no formal apologies, no gifts. Nothing. I guarantee they lost at LEAST 30% of the player-base from this bs. And the fact that they still have not solved problems enough to remove or reduce the que is completely unacceptable. Literally no other company i have ever seen need ques except Blizzard , and that was the most popular game in the world at one point. And their ques were not completely stupid and opaque. You could see things real-time. I cannot believe i paid these guys money, ever, at all. I am disgusted.
  6. TheChosenOne Augur

Yea its pretty liberating, i would strongly encourage people to let go of the desire to "be first" or whatever in this imaginary race and just actually enjoy the game (i know that stings a bit right now, seeings how people are having trouble getting into the game), but we're all going to be level 50 with not much to do in a month or 2 anyways waiting for Kunark to release
  7. Sikkun Augur

Blizzard, FFXIV, SWTOR, every other MMO I have ever played at launch.

But true no other company.

(Not sure how blizzards 12+ hour queues for weeks are not unacceptable in your rant, but ok)