Are you guys for real???

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KimchiGoddess, May 27, 2020.

1. KimchiGoddess Augur

This is seriously beyond ridiculous. All of the recent downtime and you've done absolutely nothing for your paying customers. I'm not just talking about this joke of a server launch either, but the constant downtime on Mangler and the only thing I've seen is the yearly Memorial Day bonus XP which doesn't count.

People are giving you money hand over fist today with the new bags, potions, subs. At least credit us all a few days to our accounts, something that SoE at least had the brains to do when things were particularly bad.

I want to play and enjoy this game but you all seem hell bent on making sure that doesn't happen.
    Critt, Riule, DDMasterX and 1 other person like this.
  2. Santified Lorekeeper

They haven't even apologized. Basics of customer service is to apologize for your wrongs.
    Its all this happened tough luck.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  3. KimchiGoddess Augur

Yeah I was just watching the discord chat and apparently due to the complaints, dreamweaver made it so you could only post in the Aradune discord channel once every 6 hours ........................
  4. MMOer Augur

puke
  5. Trevalon Augur

Yea, Ive played on EVERY TLP server they have ever launched and some have been ok and some have been terrible, but honestly, this is the first time I have seen a TLP launch crash the entire game. Yea the server itself usually crashes and has problems the first day, but to crash ALL the servers is really unprecedented as far as I can remember.

It actually bodes the question, With the new servers have the stretched them too thin? Is it even possible for them to open these new servers with their current infrastructure? Honestly, its looking dubious right now. With Mangler crashing constantly lately and now they cant keep Aradune stable with 300 people on it? Yea, There is a huge problem.
    TheChosenOne, Critt and KimchiGoddess like this.
  6. Minpire Augur

In The Professional world, we call this, " Damage Control "
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Smart move.
  8. KimchiGoddess Augur

And it's happened not just once, but twice now and who's to say it won't continue over the night? This is severely disappointing. I've been playing since 99 and I honestly feel like this is the worst I've ever seen it.
  9. Minpire Augur

Yea cuz first week of EQ originally had rolling black outs caused in san diego, but RIGHT now is the WORST!
  10. KimchiGoddess Augur

I've played since 99 but I didn't play in the first week and I'm also in Canada. So as I anecdotally said, I honestly feel like this is the worst I've ever seen it.
  11. nagash101 Augur

worst ever!!! launch. yes.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  12. Papasears1982 New Member

so impatient, lack of respect and the time it takes to get stuff like this rolling. regardless of what ya'll say you know damn right well your going to play on aradune so just wait it out. XD
  13. nagash101 Augur

not true, they have until tomorrow night or this is a dumpster fire like the rest of 2020
  14. kit74 Lorekeeper

Too many other MMO games to choose from.. like the poster above me they have tomorrow afternoon my time to fix this dumpster fire ....if not unsub and that will be it... I don't know if they are lacking on the server resources, man power, or have no money to pay for decent servers.....but after 21 years you would think they could sorta get a handle on this....
    Umdebus likes this.
  15. Lejaun Augur

For some, but sadly I've yet to really fall in love with a game like I have Everquest.
  16. Talcompowder New Member

After 20+ years and many TLPs they would have at least a better handle on this. EverQuest is known for its nostalgia feel but as of late many will begin to remember it as what you see in these TLP launches lately
  17. KimchiGoddess Augur

I feel this so much. I've beta tested and played practically everything from the time WoW was in beta and no other MMO has stuck with me so long. I've stepped away from the game here and there and basically only played EMUs from 2008 until Agnarr launch, but whatever MMO I dip my toes into I always end up coming back to EQ in some form.

I'm just sad at the state of things since DBG took over and I'm not usually one to whine and complain all over the forums. I just don't understand why every single launch is handled so badly, why nothing can go smoothly. Why after X number of TLP launches they still haven't gotten one right. Is is the equipment? Because I know there's a lot of people there now that were there under the SoE days (to my understanding) and things got a lot smoother over the years when I played from 99-2008 on live servers. I don't know why it's such a mess these days, not just the TLP launches but the Mangler downtime we've recently suffered and the Agnarr crashes before that.
  18. horridG New Member

I had been looking forward to being able to run a full group on a new TLP on my one desktop machine, but still haven't been able to. I've already cancelled 5 of my 6 subs, as I no longer have any confidence that DP can provide a reliable service. Going to sub 5 accounts on WoW instead.

I'll keep one to play on Aradune for now, and box a group on the test server instead; it's the only server that is worth what you pay for.
  19. RibbitDivot New Member

Dreamweaver slowed down the chat because somebody made a bot that was spamming all the channels using multiple accounts with racist and hateful language. He also slowed it down one time so that his update about the situation wouldn't get quickly lost in the shuffle
    Kindread likes this.
  20. RandomStrategy Augur

That's because people were spamming inappropriate content and racial slurs. Don't throw meaning to something that has nothing to do with the issue.
    Kindread likes this.