I pay for 8 accounts

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kanij, May 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kanij New Member

I've lost roughly 3 days of play time. Not a huge deal yea? When down times happen like this there's a lot of companies out there that will at least reimburse for the time not playable. I understand that things can happen and if it happens infrequently.

Not asking for compensation, a potion or anything. Just asking the time I paid for not keep rolling when unable to enter your game.
  2. Password1234 Augur

ok
    FubarEQ and Seor like this.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

They don't owe you anything. Move along.
    minimind and Seor like this.
  4. Kanij New Member

They owe me the ability to play the game I pay for. You're comment is silly.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Downtime is written right there in the EULA you agreed to.

Your subscription entitles you to an account that lets you play on their servers WHEN THEY ARE ONLINE.

If its not online, they don't owe you anything.
  6. Namde Augur

Entitlement.
    minimind likes this.
  7. Jakken Journeyman

They actually don't even owe you that. You are paying for the privilege to access a game (in this case a free game, and you're paying for premium features). You don't own the rights or any physical property, and the only thing you're entitled to is the ability to stop paying money if you don't like the product and service you receive.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Rhaane New Member

Since the paid accounts are "All Access" I guess the arguement is that you could be using that to play any of their products during 1 products downtime. EQ2 did appear down at the same time, didnt check other stuff. Its probably all tumbling around in the same dryer.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I got 4 accounts but mostly for traders lol

Andarriel
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

And from a PR standpoint, something, of some sort looks good for a corporation. And no, they don't have to.
    Vumad likes this.
  11. Kanij New Member

And I've bought quite a bit from you if you're the same that I'm thinking :)
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Im on FV so maybe :)

Andarriel
  13. Antasirras New Member

Nothing brings out the internet lawyers like MMO downtime.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Tchanam like this.
  14. Lachnar Elder

Sometimes i feel like people box just so they can flex about paying for x amount of accounts when it's time to complain.
  15. coffeeislife New Member

Doesn't matter who owes who what, when I pay for a service and I lose access to it, without compensation, I withdraw my money. I suggest OP do the same. If Daybreak did the basic thing every single other mmo with a subscription does when there's excessive downtime (add on the equivalent days, or provide some sort of item that will make up for lost time), I would probably feel less reticent to re-subscribe. They don't do that though, and whether they "owe" you anything is beside the point. If the level of service is too poor to justify paying for it, do what I and probably many others do: stop paying for it.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

All well and true.

But gets old when the servers crash and are down a few hours and people start 20 posts talking about how they are "owed" something.
    Sokki and Andarriel like this.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Servers have been down, what? 4 hours? Take a walk outside.
  18. Jakken Journeyman

So, when your bank is closed for a long holiday weekend, I presume you stomp in there on Tuesday morning and close out your entire account? Or if the grocery store has an electrical outage and their ice cream stock melts, you never go to that store again?
    Andarriel likes this.
  19. Salinae Old Cranky member

yeah the EULA is a contract that you agreed to … what your saying is that the imaginary contract your internet forum law degree bestowed upon you decrees that Daybreak is breaking a contract and you are entitled to additional gameplay. So what does that make of the real contract the EULA which states that there is no guarantee of any said amount of gameplay.

I get it you are frustrated, but we have been doing this dance for over 20 years. It always ends the same way ….
    minimind likes this.
  20. Namde Augur

What are you going to do when they pull the plug on this game in X number of years? Ask for a Zip drive copy of your characters info?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.