Memorial Day Weekend Bonus and Sale!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, May 21, 2020.

1. Bobokin Augur

That's great for people who had off, but some of us had quite a bit to do at that time.

In any case, that was the anniversary bonus; it wasn't a pandemic bonus of 2X EXP.
  2. Mashef Augur

Looks like this is broken. There is no 20% off membership right now. Please fix.

If you meant to say items within the store will be 20% off for members only, well it was worded poorly. Do better, this is deceptive practices to get people to burn a krono so they can get a 20% off to sub then find out there is no actual 20%.
  3. Zinkeh Augur

I still would like to know what was "unvaulted". I've scoured the store and there isn't a single thing there that wasn't there earlier this week.
  4. Wordor Journeyman

Keep hoping for frost giant illusion market place unlock =)
  5. Minday New Member

As a veteran and the namesake of a family member killed in Vietnam a little over a month before I was born I just want to say thank you for taking the small amount of time required to recognize those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice.
  6. Riou EQResource

Why does a pandemic bonus have to be 2x exp?

The pandemic bonus was the 3 other bonuses, that you will not be getting during next years Anniversary, that was the pandemic bonus that EQ1 was already given
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Bobokin Augur

You do know that EQ2 has their own anniversary bonuses. They are not going to call them pandemic bonuses at that time, are they?

As far as the 2X ... that is what EQ2 has going. That is what we have been comparing the EQ1 bonus to.

As the DBG store goes, calling a 10% sale a 20% sale is misleading and bad marketing. They could announce a 10% sale next week too. Would it really be? No, it would be a 0% sale because we already get that, and FTP players don't get either.

People here have been asking if there are actually going to be un-retired items, and that hasn't been answered. Glad we have a community representative for that kind of thing. There are some new Bound Rune items, but I don't recall them ever being retired.
  8. Mashef Augur

Another issue with this is the store is not even reflecting 20% off of anything I have tried to buy and I am a member. I have my 10% discount to a bundle but it is not reflecting the extra 10%. Kind of sketch to offer a promotion for the holiday, have none of it work, bolt for the weekend, and not answer the forum. By time you guys answer the promotion will be over. I guess I won't drop $100 on bags for upcoming TLPs and you guys are only getting $19.40. Enjoy it.

I can't wait for someone to buy IP rights from you guys and get a real company running this game.
  9. Darzag Elder

I was involved by the server merger and I would just like to say thank you for not messing my accounts up too badly. I only lost one of my favored names and I don't think I lost any toons. Win Win...
    On another note, I feel that it has been a long time since we have had a really good price break in the DBG market. I am not talking about a 1% over the board sale...that doesn't help any one...Take one GOOD item and give us a real price break. I remember one time a long time ago when a popular mount was half off...I bought several...
    A sale should be a sale. End of rant.
    BTW...Love this game...Couldn't envision a world without it.
    Yes...I have tried some of the others...always come back...
  10. Bobokin Augur

We have been keeping an eye out. It is Memorial Day. Did someone forget to do something before leaving the office, or are you all unvaulting past broken promises?
  11. Zinkeh Augur

Yeah I dunno what's going on with this. There is nothing new on the store list. I'm not sure what happened but they definitely seem to have "flipped the switch" and took off for the weekend.

The exp bonus seems to be working but no one is grouping.

The 20% seems to be working as I was able to afford a mount that I couldn't last week.

TBH I think what annoys me the MOST about these people is the utter lack of communication with the community outside of Dreamweaver dropping in for a Hai Guys! Post.
  12. Vento New Member

Is any DBG/DP official going to address the ongoing extreme lag (at least for spell casting/search functions) that's been going on for the past 24 hours? I'm on a live server so I can't comment if it's across the board for others. Yesterday the universal chat went down and it was taking 15 seconds to initiate a spell cast, and about the same if you were using any sort of search function.

What good is this experience boost if you can barely play? General chat on my server was complaining about it, so it isn't just me. Maybe fix the lag, and re-establish the XP event for another 12 Hours, 24 hours, 10 minutes? Who cares, just give us some sort of satisfaction for dealing with all the problems.

I normally defend game developers and MMO companies pretty heavy, especially when they bring servers down for patches/maintenance. This company is horrendous though, I can't hold it back anymore. How can a 21 year old game with such low population have so many issues? Where does that $15 a month per account go to?
  13. Bobokin Augur

I got lagged killed, and that is not fun. Half the time, I can't even get into general chat, so how would I know what people are talking about.

The code must be such a mess at this point that the NSA could use it for cryptography lessons.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

How to? Or how not to? I have been told that coders outside of the gaming world are often sloppy at documenting their work. I can only imagine what the gaming world must be like to try and decipher work from 1999 without proper documentation.

I talked to a gentleman who worked for SOE back when and joked that he was lucky to have any hair left after trying to figure out old code. All this makes me appreciate all the more the sort of folks who can figure this stuff out.
    Skuz and Dythan like this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am thinking that most of the team are enjoying a long-weekend off (or trying to) to rest up before the opening of the two new TLP.

So I wouldn't expect much until Wednesday.
    Nennius and minimind like this.
  16. ThirdEyeBox New Member

Hi I've been trying to purchase the everquest packs since yesterday and the website store isn't working from the everquest.com location... I would like to purchase the packs before they go down in a few hours... or at least be able to purchase similar packs for the new server today!!!!
  17. Mingle New Member

I too was trying to purchase a pack yesterday (and today)

But they are not showing up on your website. The page is BLANK after it says select currency.

I wouldve liked to have purchased the Memorial Day sales..
  18. Jaimi New Member

I have been trying to log into Aradune server for over an hour. I tried at 3:01 eastern time and it said 1 minute queque....it has been over an hour so i guess i'm not in a queque! after all
  19. KermittheFroglok Augur

"We will also be unvaulting some items on the Marketplace and a 20% (This means an additional 10% on top of your existing discount) Membership Marketplace discount as well so keep an eye out! We wish you all a safe and happy weekend."

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/memorial-day-weekend-bonus-and-sale.266571/

I believe the Memorial Day sales were for Marketplace (i.e. Daybreak Cash) purchases, not the packs or bundles you have to buy with normal money.
  20. Scaleybutt New Member

Sale over, back to the unscheduled downtimes.........
    Jondalar likes this.