on rizlona how many people will 6 box or more and what classes?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, May 25, 2020.

1. mark Augur

just wondering if there will be alot of 6 boxers and plus and what classes will they play ?
  2. Zansobar Augur

There will be a lot of them, and some 72 boxers. The short answer to what classes is all of the good ones, so probably not rogues.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

I could definitely see boxed rogues in the bigger crews. You'll want to pick up those token piercers from time to time.
  4. beefeater_dp Journeyman

I highly doubt we see many (if any) 72 boxers. On past servers (Ragefire/Lockjaw, for example), you didn't see mass boxers pop up until they had sufficient time to farm krono to activate them all. They were boxing to obtain raid loots for profit. This isn't going to be like Live where you have people activating free to play accounts and having fun in old raids.

The market isn't going to be great on Rizlona because the majority of buyers will be on Aradune. Boxers don't buy from boxers typically (Why would you when you can get the loot yourself?). Yes, you will have a few enthusiasts who can afford to pay for a few groups, but those will be few.

There will be a good amount of 6 boxers, but as the expansions go on and it becomes increasingly difficult to fund those boxes, many of those players will disappear. Yes, I understand there is a number of well-off players that won't bat an eye at funding a group or two long term. But eventually you will see the population mimic Ragefire (and yes, I'm aware AoCs weren't on Ragefire, I still think the population will mimic Ragefire for reasons listed above.)
    jeskola likes this.
  5. Tennas Journeyman

How could anyone possibly know the answer to your question? This reminds me of the type of question my 5 year old nephew asks.
  6. Laronk Augur

I'm not sure why you would see a 72 boxer as none of the raids need 72 boxes so it'd just be a waste.

I'm not sure why anyone who even chooses to box 54 characters would have a rogue right now, they might add a rogue later but currently a rogue would be a wasted slot. If someone chooses to box that many characters they can quickly pl replacements when needed.

As for umm the market for items > krono, lots of boxers are still going to want to buy stuff on riz. People will play on riz because they want to play tlp and box on one computer. You're even going to see lots of two-three boxers I think.
  7. Pawtato Augur

Yea people will still buy things, but if you’re outfitting a crew in 3 month expansion unlocks there’s just not going to be lasting value in gear.
  8. Kabshaak Journeyman

I’m going to be 6 boxing overall and my planned group is SHD CLR SHM DRU ENC MNK

I'm starting with a solo druid for probably the first month or so, and then when the druid is around 25, adding in enchanter and cleric for the rest of classic. When Kunark comes out, I'm gonna add in shaman and monk (cause I want to play Iksar on both). When Luclin is out, I'll make a Shadowknight and get it to 60

Then when PoP is out, I will have a full 6 box to get to 65. Contrary to a lot of what I read here, LDoN is one of my favorite expansions and concepts, as well as DoN missions, so I will have a few months to get group gear in each of those and raid on the shaman as my main.
  9. sumnayin2 Augur

Not asure, but I bet aton of people will be aplaying on the aserver.
  10. breezycheeks New Member

The 24-72 boxers will absolutely be on Rizlona. The server was created for them. Search for the secret discord chat log. All the anonymous players answering questions are prestigious boxers from the two websites that offer boxing software.

They will fly to level 60 using "features" in their software.
    They will split into many groups of 4-6 and dominate all picks of each profitable camp using "features" in their software.
    They will be dominating open world raid targets using "features" in their software.
    They will be raiding multiple DZ of each raid zone, assisted by "features" in their software.
    They will be selling PL services within a month indicating their entire box force is maximum level.

Don't worry though, if you read the discord these players assured Windstalker that they are "too honorable to use those other features. Those are only for bad seeds". She saw through their BS and slapped a harsh punishment policy on Rizlona only.

Truebox code should absolutely be on Rizlona. Trueboxers can't do any of this reasonably. Very few people actually purchase 6+ machines (allowing domination a single camp) and no one has 72. Without Truebox code anyone can get their hands on this software and have 24+ on a single machine with almost no buy-in.

No Trueboxer will play Rizlona leaving only software boxers and the poor souls who made the mistake to roll there. If you think being a solo player in a world with Trueboxers is annoying, try being a 1-4 single machine boxer in a world with 24+ software boxers.
  11. Mrjon3s Augur

The money is aradune. I think aradune is gonna be just as bad as mangler was and GMs will be overwhelmed in a week.
    Gnothappening and jeskola like this.
  12. Ishbu Augur

The reality is humans are trash and despite Rizlona not being truebox, Id bet most of these army players still end up farming up on Aradune because most people are simply selfish tools who would be happy to break the rules despite having a whole server allowing for it just to sell one more krono for themselves because that 7 bucks or whatever they get for it is how they identify their self worth
    jeskola and Foaming like this.
  13. code-zero Augur

The RMT people are going to where the market is and that's going to be Aradune
    jeskola likes this.
  14. KnightofTruth Journeyman

You sure..? How exactly are you going to farm more than the next guy with only 2 characters? Makes no sense to me. The boxing server with AoC will be better in the long run.
  15. Uesce Journeyman

Had multiple people in my guild on mangler that made hundreds of Kronos as chanter / cleric from classic to kunark. 80 Kronos in the first few weeks of classic. Aradune will be fun but also RMT heaven and griefing will be the norm. All it takes is play time and dumb people willing to buy +5 wisdom items for $17 which there will be way more dumb people on aradune.
    Sithil likes this.
  16. KnightofTruth Journeyman

For sure, I don't disagree. I guess you can do a lot with 2 if you know what you're doing. But as a big boxer myself I couldn't ever enjoy being limited to 2.
  17. Mrjon3s Augur

This is implying people will actually follow the 2 characters only rule. People are gonna say oh it’s my 5 kids each playing 2 characters or some other excuse.
  18. Uesce Journeyman

I'm def playing riz but can see why aradune will be popular for those that know the high value items and have the time to camp them
  19. jeskola pheerie

They go where the buyers are, and the buyers will be on Aradune. Truebox never stopped anyone from boxing as many as they want, and this unenforceable 2box rule will be a joke, likely to be rescinded in favor of the normal Truebox ruleset.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. enclee Augur

I don’t think there’s anything stopping them from splitting up their group either.