Enhancement request - ZEM notifier on entering a zone

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zansobar, May 24, 2020.

1. Zansobar Augur

I think it would be fantastic if DPG would add a little text line that identifies what the current Zone Experience Modifier (ZEM) is when entering a zone. I think this would allow DPG to tweak these ZEMs on the fly and the word would get out quickly and possibly help spread out the player population a bit more than usual.
  2. Protagonist Tank

You could give free head and beer on zonein and it still wouldn't pry the simp train out of the Commonlands->Crocs->Unrest->LGuk->Hole leveling.

The lowest common denominator will always sink to the lowest viable path.
  3. EQDude Elder

Lol you mean the smartest players will stick with the fastest exp and the rest of them will follow the group because this is a social game?
  4. Protagonist Tank

No. I've seen the skill level of those groups. I said what I meant.
    Graethos and Foaming like this.
  5. EQDude Elder

Yeah you're right, only dumb players go to the zones where everyone in the entire server reside. All the smart players go to their super secret exp spot that no one has figured out yet in this game that's old enough to buy you a beer.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's a game & part of the game is discovering what the good zones are, if you aren't happy trying to figure this out yourself or using the bajillion guides available within the community outside the game then you really aren't playing in the spirit of the game.

There are numbers that it makes sense for players to know & numbers it does not make sense for them to know.

This one is one of the cases where giving those numbers would spoil the game & while a minority enjoy discovering hidden numbers they should have to work for it not be handed them on a damn plate.

So it's a freaking big fat no from me.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Daybreak likes its players to discover things. This includes the ZEM. They have said that, and pretty recently I might add.
    Foaming and Skuz like this.
  8. SoandsoForumUser Augur

They don't exactly change them with great frequency, you could just crowd source information gathering, it takes 10 minutes to compare two zones, just find all the ZEMs empirically.
    Skuz likes this.