Fixed Internally Unknown Guild

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Waldagar, May 21, 2020.

1. Waldagar Augur

Just logged into the game and my guild tag shows "Unknown Guild" Everyone in my guild appears this way. Other characters in other guilds appear correctly. Zoning doesn't fix the problem. Guild management tool also lists "Unknown Guild". Doing a /who all displays the correct guild.

Guild: Living Legacies
    Server: Tunare

-Z-
    Winnowyl, Barton, Seor and 6 others like this.
  2. lockjaws Augur

This has been happening for a couple of months on Firiona Vie. Sometimes it shows, other times it's completely missing, or others see Unknown Guild instead.
  3. lockjaws Augur

4. WeezFv Lorekeeper

We had this bug for awhile but not even zoning or reloggin doesnt fix this after the down time
  5. lockjaws Augur

Pretty annoying -- while not a game stoppage, this is something that is totally on the Dev team to correct. They did something server-side to create this bug. Even Magelo won't pick up the guild tag successfully.
  6. lockjaws Augur

Wanted to bump this as a re-occurring bug that should be looked into. Zoning will sometimes cause the guild name to come back, or hide if it was showing before.
  7. Herf Augur

It's because you're a frog. Frogs are evil and must be punished. Nothing personal. Trolls FTW.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Also, in some cases frogs are considered to be virus like and the guild server rejects the infestation. Just a safety measure.
    Herf likes this.
  9. dreadlord Augur

Just happened to my guild too. There was a suggestion that updating magelo while the only guild member in a zone could lead to this bug; but that's not what happened here. Nothing has changed in the guild (no-one left or was added etc); It's a very old guild (20+ years) and not seen this before.
    Anyone know how to fix this?
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

This was "fixed" (and I use the term loosely since it did still happen on occasion) until this recent patch. Now, the <unknown guild> tag is just all over the place as far as I can tell...it is definitely WORSE than it ever was before. Almost half the toons I see in PoK and the lobby are affected. Zoning will sometimes fix it, but usually not.

Something definitely got royally screwed up in the patch...shocking, I know.
    lockjaws likes this.
  11. Pawtato Augur

I used to see it all the time before this patch. It never got fixed.
  12. lockjaws Augur

It's a lot more widespread since they merged servers that were already overpopulated. Thankfully we're repurposing old hardware to spin up new TLPs because this will totally make bugs go away.

Devs - status update please?
  13. lockjaws Augur

While the network guys figure out why the servers can't stay up, maybe the dev team can poke around this problem.
  14. Seor New Member

At first I saw it and thought "oh that's a clever guild name" then I realized...Wait that's me!
    Zapford and lockjaws like this.
  15. lockjaws Augur

Hey staff - any update on this? Is this months-old problem being worked on? Scheduled for next patch? Completely ignored?

Any response would be terrific.
  16. lockjaws Augur

Looking for an update, still a problem. Magelo won't detect your own guild if you aren't detecting it either, so this goes beyond just a visual difference. Hard-core issues communicating with the player database, or something.
  17. Seor New Member

Still an issue on FV as of this morning
    lockjaws likes this.
  18. lockjaws Augur

Since a majority of your servers are down/locked, now's a good time to implement a fix for this growing problem.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Code is aware of this, but I do not know any more information than that.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Azzudien Augur

lol I actually thought people named their guild "unknown guild" for the hell of it.