Raiding Enchanter Numbers in ToV

Discussion in 'Casters' started by enclee, Apr 21, 2020.

1. enclee Augur

It’s not quite as simple as that, but it’s pretty close. I’d imagine thats about the same for every class though.
    RPoo, Szilent and Verily Tjark like this.
  2. Ninelder Augur

Even with four enchanters in raid(which is super rare.) I have never gotten our alliance to be worth casting. God knows I have tried, i have tried tried tried. There will never be enough of us that are able to focus enough time to DPS to make this absurd spell proc. I give up...

You did forget Dicho in your spell rotation though. Its still $$$, and I often maintain dots in a nuke cycle-nuke cycle-dot cycle rotation.

I won't complain that we don't have enough to do, yeah the overnerfs are pathetic. ToV is very anti-chanter, in group and raid. But I still keep busy and can occasionally hit the parse on some events. You need to keep things in perspective though. If you think we have it bad, try playing a cleric or druid in pretty much any expansion.
    Metanis likes this.
  3. Pawtato Augur

I included the dissident line in the 3 or 4 spell rotation. What are your enchanters doing that they can’t proc alliance? Seems like people aren’t paying attention, if you can’t get 4 people to cast 6 direct damage spells in 18 seconds.
  4. Cicelee Augur

It feels to me like raid enchanters are unhappy that they cannot do the things that separate them from everyone else- controlling crowds, controlling situations, utilizing different parts of their spell lineup (stun, charm, mez, etc) on TOV raids. They have turned into a DPS class with some great support functionality to help improve other caster's DPS. While this is important for raids, it does not allow enchanters opportunities to shine where they shine better than everyone else- crowd control.

I liken it to raid events where I cannot use my pet. I can still play, but I do not feel like a magician then... just a lesser wizard. I can still contribute, just not as well as others. It does make me feel inferior on those events, which I can imagine that is what TOV raid enchanters are trying to convey in this thread.

Hopefully there will be raid content next expansion that involves many crowd control opportunities so the class feels like the class they signed up for.
    Verily Tjark, Tyreel, RPoo and 2 others like this.
  5. enclee Augur

Well said, Cicelee. Thank you!
  6. Ninelder Augur

Tash, MC, 5minute auras, mez, mez breaks, somnolence, more mez breaks, stun rotations, even more mez breaks, reacting to event mechanics, rebuffing dumb melee who always get themselves killed in the first minute of every event(often due to them breaking mez.) The fact that half the chanters are three sheets to the wind cause that's the only way they can tolerate everything. Did I mention mez breaks? You know the bread and butter stuff of a raiding chanter.
  7. Pawtato Augur

Mez breaks? What ToV raid are you doing where you have to mez? If, we're talking TBL there's only like 1 raid, where 1 maybe 2 enchanters need to focus on mezzing.

So, your enchanters find it too complicated to refresh their auras every minutes? Or throw out a tash and somnolence?

I'm so confused by your post, because you typed a bunch of things that don't apply to the current raid enchanter.
  8. Ninelder Augur

There isn't mez events in ToV But we got our alliance in EoK. I was speaking about how I have repeatedly tried to use it since we have gotten it, and never seen it fulminate on a raid in four years.
  9. Szilent Augur

that seems to speak to teamwork problems, not enchanter problems
  10. Pawtato Augur

They’re definitely tabbed out or watching Netflix.
  11. Genusii Journeyman

I keep reading this post and I see a steady argument for the lack of enchanter utility in raids being the issue. In my opinion, it isn't. For twenty years, raiding has been occasionally enchanter "friendly". There are spots here and there for sure. No enchanter raided to be specifically used all the time. Enchanters knew they were going to be part of the team, playing a support class for 3 hours while using cc - functions at spots.

The reward for being a team raider was what the enchanter did with the better gear in the group game. As with all classes, raiding gear makes everything you do more efficient. The gear we got gave us the ability to tank and control the battle field better. The best battle control is the tank. If the tank fails, the battle is lost. So enchanters were a tank. So good, it got a lot of negative attention - poof. Replaced with spell damage. Enchanters didn't care about dot's and dd's until the tank-lines were stripped away and the spells were improved. These too, received a lot of negative attention - poof.

So what is left? A box - class with a few special events in all aspects of the game. For the enchanter, this is very mundane. The developers seem to have placed the class right where they want it. The community seems to believe it is exactly where it belongs. The enchanter has been in steady decline for half a decade; the jack of all trades is now a jack-in-the-box. I believe this is not the class they signed up for and is the cause of enchanter number decline.
  12. Ninelder Augur

Then it is a consistently reoccurring "teamwork problem" that I have consistently observed and reobserved among dozens of players, and many "teams" over the course of four years. The spell looks great in the laboratory but it is useless in the field. It, like many other things with the enchanter class has been designed and tested by people who have never played an enchanter.
  13. enclee Augur

I literally have the opposite experience, 3 is easy.
  14. Genusii Journeyman

For enchanter alliance, you are all off topic...again.

However, I suggest the following:

1) Get another enchanter and group.
    2) In guildhall, find a dummy
    3) Run TC and MR aura
    4) Load top 3 dd's from current and last 2 expansions
    5) Proc alliances

Crap, I smell another enchanter adjustment. Belay my last.
  15. Cailen Augur

every expac is the same..... in the beginning we have a role...... then everyone gears up and guilds just zerg and we become adps batteries or get bored and go full selfish dps and make some dps peeps look bad

P.S. heading to war thread to naysay everything Szilent posts
  16. Cailen Augur

enc alliance fulmination is trash..... alliance benefit to the other enc's that didn't cast it is WAY higher. We usually raid with 3 caster groups and 4 encs so one caster group has 2 encs. The other two enc's cast alliances for the 2 in one caster group.
  17. Szilent Augur

splain? 6x59249= 355,494 added to other enc nukes (SPA484, it's an after-crit plain addition), fulmination is 2.7M
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Cailen Augur

Mindrift -> Mindslash -> Pulmonary Grip

Pulmonary Grip is far more dps than any nuke other than the 2 mentioned above
    Metanis likes this.
  19. Cailen Augur

parses don't lie, and unlike most I know how to decipher an enc parse, plus we cast it even on trash that dies before it will fulminate.

Combined (88): Icebound Avatar of War in 1838s, 15.06B Damage @8.19M, 5. Cailen +Pets = 620.10M@429.13K in 1445s {X} and I was slackin. 3 enc's were in top 10 on that parse
  20. Tucoh Augur

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the hardcore enchanter types switched to TLP in larger numbers than other classes. From classic to PoP (when TLPs are the most active), enchanters are walking gods in the group game with overpowered charm pets (that are the best tanks and best DPS), the best buffs, and the best CC. Groups form around them and frequently break up if only the enchanter leaves.

Going from TLP back to live as an enchanter has to be tough. You go from running the show to being completely marginalized.
    Duder, Metanis and Lannin like this.