Fun and different 2 box class combo's for Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jeggred Baenre, May 23, 2020.

1. Jeggred Baenre New Member

Looking for something a bit different to play and was curious to see people's suggestions. I was thinking a Enchanter-Necro duo might be fun or rogue-beastlord
  2. Kabshaak Journeyman

Rogue Beastlord sounds like fun, but for Aradune you won't have Beastlord until Luclin (unless you don't mind the wait)

I have always been meaning to try Shaman / Necromancer. Lots of DoTs from both. Pretty much all the utility you would need too - snare, slow, mez, pet tank, heals, FD

If you get bored of pet tanking, you could try a root-rot approach with all the DoTs, or have the Necro kite
  3. Minpire Augur

ROGUE/WIZARD, SPICE IT UP!

GO All In ! with 2 clerics!

SHAM/NECRO was HOT for me atleast ( Not sure since revamp )

its all narrowed down really untill BST thrown into mix
  4. KrayolaKrayons New Member

Pally & necro is a good combo that is not very common. Bard and wiz is another interesting one, mana free mez, snare, fear, and bard speed, plus all the wizard perks like evac, ports. Starting off would be rough but mid to late levels could really tear stuff up if you learn how to do it.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. sumnayin2 Augur

Yeah, that 70+ revamp on Necro DoTs is gonna impact Aradune hard in 4 days
  6. Minpire Augur

DIdn't even read patch notes, so not sure if sarcasm or not.
  7. Protagonist Tank

The usual setup is:

Main: Tunnel turd buying gear for alts over and over
    Box: One of 6 different alts constantly shuffling between "main" status, none of which make it past level 30.
  8. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Was thinking of doing monk/bard or ranger/bard. Something that you can duo with but won't be a total cakewalk like monk/shaman or cleric/chanter.
  9. Tucoh Augur

With only two slots for a 2box on Aradune it seems like you might be able to come up with workable but creative solutions for a 3box or 4box on Rizlona. There's just so many roles a group has to fulfill and some classes just do some of those roles better than others.

Though it would be interesting to make a 2box that synergizes really well with very common teams out there. I don't know what that would look like, but I'm sure there are 2boxes that can duo well, but also provide really good pairing with enc/cle or sha/mnk.
    Minpire likes this.
  10. Ultrazen Augur

Anything + druid. Druid is almost always the correct answer to the 'what should the 2nd box be?' on a 2 box team.
  11. Tsar Journeyman

Planning on running Shaman/Chanter myself. Easily 2 of the most powerful solo classes in the game, and having shammy slow frees up a spell slot for the chanter, which is a bigger deal than you think. Heals, regen, stuns, mez, charm. They are essentially a raid on their own, and there is almost nowhere they cannot grind constant red-yellow mobs while xping.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

SK+Bard

Similar to Shaman+SK, provide slow+extra healing and dmg for the SK. But with one major upside starting in PoP. Bards get Fade which allows them to train through zones full of see invis with the SK then fade/FD, allowing the duo to just run from named to named in many zones.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Enc + enc and you team up with a player that does cleric / cleric. :eek:
  14. Blastoff Augur

Wizard bard is a ton of fun. Not many bards understand how important bard debuffs are to wizards, so it's really nice to have your own.
  15. Minpire Augur

I would prefer the Clerics HoT + HoT Potion since they stack, i know in Luclin its nice / PoP its like 600 a tick X2

+ the lack of RES if you truely do risky stuff , waitting on someone else is Tons of DOWNTIME.
  16. Warlain Lorekeeper

I love Ranger / Shaman, I play the combo on most tlps that have come out. They have amazing synergy and after 35 the shaman pet helps with lots of things. The buffs all stack

I also then create a Mage / Chanter on the accounts so once leveled you have options for alts

Ranger / Mage on on account 1
    Shaman / Chanter on account 2

Then you can log alts in and out once leveled and get buffs, or change the makeup for more options. Shaman / Mage is very strong for any named you cant handle on your ranger, but with slow thats just about only raid mobs until much later in the expansions