overseer: conversions and max completed quests

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Jumbur, May 21, 2020.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

When I finish a conversion it increments the completed quest number if it is below 10, which I understand from the patch-notes is not the intention. I can still finish the conversions even if I have reached the maximum number of quests(10) for the rotation.

This means, if I finish 5 quests and do five or more conversions, I will reach the cap, blocking any later (non-converting)quests from being completable before next rotation, even though i have only finished 5 (non-conversion)quests.
    epidote, Eaiana, Kolyenie and 20 others like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

I did a dozen conversions each across multiple accounts, none incremented.
    edsarto likes this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Hmm, I will double check next rotation, and see if it was just a fluke, or if I can reproduce it...
  4. lockjaws Augur

Conversions do not count against the 10-quest-limit that they snuck in there with Overseer improvements.

I guess absolutely no one will be paying to speed up quests, now.
  5. lockjaws Augur

Is it cool if we all just stop doing Overseer at this point? The ninja-nerf has concluded the stupidity check.

[IMG]
  6. maxwell Lorekeeper

Please let me know if this is abug you guys going to fix or need me to petition.

I am at PDT time so the new cycle for overseer started at 1am.

1) My max completion was at 0/10 at 1am
    2) I did 3 new quest and 2 common conversions I had 2 quest still running from previous cycle
    3) Went to bed work up 7am did a 4th quest
    4) The 3 started at 1 am were done could not collect reward due to message I reach MAXIMUM QUEST
    5) At this time I notice it said 10/10 Max completed quest.
    6) I thought I was bug, logged off completly and back on same issue.
    7) So bottom-line I believe the conversions were counting towards completion

During the new cycle I did a total of 4 quest and 2 conversions and since each conversion is 3 overseers that is total of 6.

At 1am had 0/10 quest completed, at 7 am it said 10/10 after I did a 4th quest.

Please Let me know if this is common bug or need me to petition.
    Lani, Buster_Shruggs and edsarto like this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My experience matched maxwell's, although I can't remember the details. today I finished up some normal overseer quests, and they did increase the quest counter, afterwards I did some conversions that did NOT increase the counter.

conclusion: the bug does not occur every time...

Maybe you need to do conversions and non-conversions in between each-other or something...? :confused:
    edsarto likes this.
  8. lockjaws Augur

I hit my 10 quest limit before 7:00 AM Pacific time, as per my screenshot above. Guess I'm done for the day? Screw you, recruits?!?
    edsarto likes this.
  9. Baldur Augur

So quests just cycled, on one of my accounts I know I had 5 quests going. I check the Active Quests and there's 0 active quests.

I camp and come back in and now my "Max Completed Quests" show 4/10 when I didn't complete any quests since it just cycled to 0.

And I still have 0 active quests, so my quests went poof and counted towards my max completed quests and I never got the rewards for them.

I believe I did do a bunch of conversions on this account on the previous cycle, this morning.

Edit - So I guess it's possible that I forgot to start any quests on this account this morning, although highly unlikely. If I did forget to start any quests, I do believe I did 4 conversion quests this morning though. So that would mean camping and coming back in made the conversion quests count towards my Max Completed Quests.
  10. GoneFission Augur

I think you’re right about conversion quests. They don’t affect the quest count right away, but they screw it up later.

Either they get re-counted later, or they disrupt the counter reset. I’ve done common conversions on two accounts, and both of them went to 9/10 quests and stayed (or got put there) through the next rotation.
    edsarto likes this.
  11. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Hitting the max completed quests is also another form of incapacitation and agents that actually get incapacitated on a quest stuck in the queue do not appear to have their timers started until the reward can be claimed.
  12. etv2k New Member

I have three accounts that I pretty much do overseer on at around the same time. One reset to 0/10 today, the other two are still stuck at 10/10 six hours later. Something is definitely going on with the completion counters. Also, is anyone else having quests added back to your active quests? I will complete all 5 quests and collect rewards were it says 0/5 active quests, start 5 new ones and hours later it will list 6/5 active quests. So, one is being added back or something.
    cadres, edsarto and GoneFission like this.
  13. etv2k New Member

I should add that the quest is always added back at the completed stage. I haven't paid enough attention to see if I am getting the reward twice or not. The last time it happened was after the patch and completing it did add to my 0/10 total. So that could be a problem for people, now that we are limited to the number of quests.
  14. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I put a screenshot in another thread.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/overseer-quests-disappearing.266630/

This was definitely happening before this patch. I cannot find a pattern to be able to describe it other than to send a screenshot to the devs to say it is happening. Before the patch I saw 7 once. Today I got one account with 8. My memory is not amazing but it even seems to be a quest coming back that I know I claimed the reward on but I wouldn't be able to determine if I got a double reward or the prior one got zapped and this is replacing it.

Overseer definitely requires more oversight.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im seeing this as well! My theory is that it happens when im moving between instanced and non-instanced zones?

I think a much more elegant fix to the quest cap issue, would be to remove both the quest-cap AND the dbc-"finish-now"-button. :) That is, if they want to prevent a "pay-to-win" situation.
    Mazame likes this.
  16. Thunderkiks Augur

Something is defiantly odd about the completed quests limit, but unless the conversion quests count days later I have one acct that had the max of 10 quests and I only did 5. Now I'm stuck waiting for the timer. I know I only did 5 quests as I was in a hurry last night to get them all done. Did 5 and camped that acct out and now this morning it shows 10 done and I cant finish the ones I have or start new ones.
    Mazame and edsarto like this.
  17. Stephen51 Augur

Ok so I am in GMT time zone (sorry there are other time zones in the world) and last night I updated my overseer - the details of which I cannot exactly remember, apart from that I completed 5 quests and kicked off 5 more, at around 10-11pm my time. I also remember that I did not buy any wins - so that there was no instant turnarounds on timers.

When I got up today, I had 3 of the 5 tasks due to complete around 10am but I could not complete them because my completed tasks were maxed at 10/10. The time until my tasks rotated was about 7 hours - about 5pm tonight. I don't know what my completed tasks were when I went to bed, but I assume that the max completed tasks reset every rotation, then my tasks would have rotated at 5am - while I was asleep - I worked this out by the timer for the next rotation, and the previous sessions max completed tasks should have reset. As it was I had to wait until 5pm for the tasks to rotate again.

The only thing I did different from the norm, was I left a 85+ toon logged in to game overnight.
    Mazame and edsarto like this.
  18. edsarto New Member

[Overseer] Quest

• edsarto
      Today at 14:33

After the last rotation for quest offered my max completed quest reset to 0 and my max active was set to 0. I generated 5 active quest and all was normal. I then switched to an alternate character on this same account and when I came back to my main character my Max completed quest was now at 10 /10 and my 5 active quest are still running and there is over 9 hrs left before I get the next rotation. This is happening on another account of mine too. I will send a ticket from there also. This happened last rotation also and in addition I lost a recruitment quest after starting it. I will start taking screen shots to help provide visual evidence.
    • Justin "Woebot" C.
      Today at 15:17

Greetings Traveler,

We've received similar reports about this issue from other players, and we've reported it to our QA and Development Teams for review. We kindly ask that you bear with us as they investigate this issue further, and work towards any necessary fixes.

I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on that for you at this time, but please keep an eye on the official forums (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq) as well as the patch notes (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/game-update-notes-live.9/) for further information as it becomes available.

Additionally, the bug report section of the forums can be found here: http://www.everquest.com/bugs
      I would suggest filing a report in that section as well to further elevate awareness, as other players that may be similarly impacted can chime in and up-vote the issue. Instructions can be found here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-to-report-and-upvote-bugs.260061/

I do apologize that we don't have a CS-based solution for you. If a bug is detected, we hope to see it corrected at the development level as soon as humanly possible.

If you have any other in-game issues we can assist you with in the meantime, please feel free to submit another petition at your convenience.

Main Website's Forums:
      https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/ind
      Sincerely,
      Senior GM Woebot
    Mazame and Omegga like this.
  19. Omegga Elder

After this afternoons rotation, the max quests reset to 0/10. I had 2 recovery quests ready to complete, and after completing them it went to 8/10.
    Mazame likes this.
  20. edsarto New Member

After the last rotation for quest offered my max completed quest reset to 0 and my max active was set to 0. I generated 5 active quest and all was normal. I then switched to an alternate character on this same account and when I came back to my main character my Max completed quest was now at 10 /10 and my 5 active quest are still running and there is over 6 hrs left before I get the next rotation.This has now happened to two more accounts since my post
    Mazame likes this.