overseer quest changes!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cacky, May 21, 2020.

1. Cacky Elder

I see subtle changes to existing quests, like new bonuses added in some places (a bonus for agile, where before there was no physical bonus), old ones changed (used to give bonus for Shadowknight, now it gives bonus for Necromancer, etc.). I wonder if the quest bonuses/penalties have a random element to them now, or if they were simply revamped as part of the patch. Either one is fine with me. I'm excited about any fixes/enhancements to overseer, and so far it seems to not be broken.

I did notice some harsh penalties now. Got a level 5 common recruit workers, there are 5 agent slots, with penalties of 15% 36 hours, 18% 18h, 6% 72h, 15% 36h, 12% 36h. That looks rough! I don't know if those percentages are independent, or if they are in any way tied to your overall success percent for the quest, but wow, you may get some new recruits in only 12 hours, but some of your old recruits are going to jail for a long time for it!
  2. kookoo Augur

Overseer ---------->> i was offered a * recruit rare agent * ( this morning after the patch ).
    ( i got 152 agents 20 of these are rare agents )

i started with 29 % success rate to start , i was lucky enough to find one with one bonus, so it went up to 33 % :confused: and i got the 3rd agent with 2 bonus .

for a whooping ------------------------->>>> 50 % success rate....... ( all 3 agents were rare agents btw.)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    on another toon ( with 132 agents ) i had recruit common recruitment ( workers ) 12 hours to finish , with 2 agents as reward.
    i was used to get a success rate over 90% usually on a common recruitment .

that one i started with an agent with 3 bonuses
    second agent with one bonus
    3rd agent with 2 bonuses , all these agents were the highest % success rate i could get .

for a total of 84 % success rate { not bad ,but with all the bonuses it was usually higher than that }, specially for a common recruitment .
  3. Mazame Augur

Look for Mazame Overseer info post it covers this.

the short answer is the higher % were all ways on the level 5 quest. Just most people never saw level 5 quest. The change was they added levels to the recruit quest.
    The off set to this is they also added more recover quest.
    The down side is most people Recover = level 1-2 and most people Recruit = level 5 so until you get recover up in level you may see more higher level agent in recovery.
    They also up the job level of the Non Icon agents. So with the higher % on incap. I recommend using the lover level agents when possible.

As for the changes in the bonus. It will take me more questing to confirm but I had posted that the level 2 and 3 quest were harder to get above 95% because of the removal of the double traits. It looks as if this may be an adjustment to help solve those issues.
  4. Cacky Elder

I didn't even think to look at the reward. Yes, the new high level recruit tasks are both difficult to get a high success percent on, have high risk / high penalties for incapacitation, and they aren't giving 5 or 7 commons like the old ones were. The one I got this morning is rewarding only 3. Yikes! But still, a recruit every cycle, hopefully it all balances out...
  5. Zamiam Augur

6. Mazame Augur

Patch notes.
    - A new Recruitment quest is now delivered to the offered quest list every rotation.
    - Uncommon and Rare Iconic Recruitment quests have had their duration reduced from 48 hours to 24 and 36 hours, respectively.
    - Iconic Recruitment quests now have higher-level versions, which grant more agents than their lower-level equivalents.
    - Common Non-Iconic Recruitment quests now have level 2-5 versions, which grant more agents than their level 1 equivalents.
    - Recruitment Quest Party slots no longer require specific agent rarities, meaning any agent with the correct Job at the correct rank or better can contribute to the quest's success chance.
    - - Common Non-Iconic Recruitment quests now require only 12 hours to complete, instead of 24 or 48 hours.
    - - Common Non-Iconic Recruitment quests have updated start and completion descriptions.

When you say it only giving you 3 agents. you are not posting enough info and this can become miss leading.

As I said is Mazame Overseer Info post quest have different rewards based on a number of factors.
    Quest LEVEL ( as you can see in the patch notes higher quest level were added to recruitment and in doing so grant more agents. )
    Quest Rarity = this can also change the Reward. ( are you doing a Uncommon / or a Rare quest because in the past uncommon recruitment quest gave 3 agents and rare gave 2 so if you doing a rare one based on the Higher # of agent your sending and the higher incap rate it could be that your getting an increase to the rare agent quest going from 2 to 3.
    Quest TIME is the 3rd part that can change your reward the longer the quest the greater the reward.
    in the past this was 5 agent for 36 hour and 7 for 48 hours at the common level.
    With this patch the times of the the quest have been changed and so I don't have the new numbers but on 3 account not one of my common quest offered 3 agents. so again I think your doing a higher level quest based on what you posted.

When posting about a quest it best to used the following.
    Quest level / Rarity / Time and name. This helps greatly in giving you feed back
  7. Cacky Elder

Thanks for the reposts and the links and the info, but you might be reading in confusion/questions where all I'm actually doing is sharing my own feedback about the new overseer changes.

Here are more details about the quest I mentioned, so as not to mislead anyone:

Recruit Workers
    Level 5 Common Recruitment, 12 hours, 29% success (without any agents assigned)
    Agent 1: Harvester 3 (!), bonus: druid, exotic, benevolent / penalty: none / risk 15% 36h
    Agent 2: Artisan 3 (!), bonus: warrior, cautious, extravagant / penalty: none / risk: 18% 18h
    Agent 3: Scholar (?), bonus: wizard, extravagant / penalty: dhampyre, shrewd / risk: 6% 72h
    Agent 4: Harvester (?), bonus: monstrous, extravagant / penalty: elddar, dark elf / risk: 15% 36h
    Agent 5: Diplomat (?), bonus: high elf, fierce, benevolent / penalty: cautious / risk: 12% 36h

where of course "(!)" means the job and skill level are required, and "(?)" means the job is suggested but not required.

Anyway, after one rotation, it looks like changes were made to many quests, possibly all of them! A penalty class changed here, a bonus taken away there, an entire extra agent slot added, etc. I'm not calling out any particular quests (and I'm not confused about why or how these changes were made), just mentioning it because it is interesting.

Happy overseering, everyone!
  8. Zamiam Augur

yes the common recruitment quests now only take 12 hours to complete and you only get 2 to 3 agents for reward , however they used to req iirc 36 to 48 hours to complete ..

so lets say 36 hours for old recruitment gave 7 agents the new ones give say 3 agents and you can do 3 recruitments now within 36 hour range so you should be able to get between 6 and 9 agents within a 36 hour period .. if my math is correct ..
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I was quite disappointed in the new Common Recruit tasks. Level 5 Common Recruit only rewards 3 agents? I thought with the higher lvl quests the amount of agents were supposed to go up. I get that they were reduced to 12 hours instead of the 36 or 48 previously but even if the lvl 1 common recruit only rewards 1 agent I would expect at least 4 or 5 agents for a lvl 5 quest. 5 Agent Slots to fill and I ended up using 2 elites and 3 iconic uncommons just to get it above 90%. The next one I got after quest rotated is another lvl 5 common for 3 agents and I can only get that one to 71% since I can't match a lot of the bonuses. Waiting to see what the uncommon/rare recruits look like but I'm probably going to skip common recruit quests from now on based on the requirements/rewards.
  10. Hegsheoshed Augur

For people still starting out they should still have the old recruit quests at level 1 though. I know someone that went all out with conversions when they started and this can only make it worse. Conversions auto finish so they don't count towards the rotation cap at least. Other recruit quests are Disabled from auto finish/collect and you are sending 5 agents out to recruit 2 or 3 and only commons rewarded when you need to send out rares and uncommons to do the work.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Conversion quests absolutely should not count to your 10 missions per day. I'm pretty bummed to see that they now do. Can we please have this changed? All the other changes today are pretty decent.

I know other players aren't too keen on the low percentage chance to recruit rare overseers - I'm just glad to see the opportunity to get them. 50% chance to get a rare is a coin flip. That's a good gamble in my opinion. I just hope these quests aren't too punishing on incapacitation risk. If we need 4 or 5 rares or elites on a low maximum percentage chance quest, the risk of incapacitation should be minimal.
    Andarriel likes this.
  12. Hegsheoshed Augur

I didn't have a single conversion this morning count towards the rotation cap. Recruitment quests do though. Maybe double check? Right now the Rathe is down AGAIN so I can't do anything!
    lockjaws likes this.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I had one definitely count to it. I saved it from Monday night on purpose so I could see it happen so I wouldn't forget to check.

Edit: Apparently it was a display bug. I logged back in and took a second look to see if it still said 6/10 quests and it does not! It reads 5/10. Excellent! :)
    Andarriel likes this.
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

They don't.
    lockjaws likes this.
  15. Soulbanshee Augur

The legacy quests from before the patch do not behave the same way. Anything going forward will.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

That's not what I meant. I meant I saved the 3 duplicates. I should have been more specific. See my edit above.
  17. Mazame Augur

This is info you gotten after 1 Rotation. Your sharing your own thoughts with limited data and what your concluding is misleading from the patch notes.

*** Overseer *** Patch notes in bold

- A new Recruitment quest is now delivered to the offered quest list every rotation.
    Like Zamiam said old quest were 36 and 48 hours. 36 = 5 agents and 48 = 7 agents.
    your now offered a recruitment every cycle that at a min 6 per day > more agents per time spent and having one EVERY CYCLE vs having a Chance and going days with out any = MORE agents.
    So even it it only 3 no big deal it still MORE agents.

Also level 5 UNcommon Recruitment is offering the same (1 uncommon Named agent) but now has 3 common agent added on as well. so again they changed it to get more agents.

- Uncommon and Rare Iconic Recruitment quests have had their duration reduced from 48 hours to 24 and 36 hours, respectively.
    - Iconic Recruitment quests now have higher-level versions, which grant more agents than their lower-level equivalents.
    This is another patch note that show agent gaining has IMPROVED.

- Common Non-Iconic Recruitment quests now have level 2-5 versions, which grant more agents than their level 1 equivalents.
    Hmmm Looks like MORE agents.

- Recruitment Quest Party slots no longer require specific agent rarities, meaning any agent with the correct Job at the correct rank or better can contribute to the quest's success chance.
    @ Hegsheoshed " Other recruit quests are Disabled from auto finish/collect and you are sending 5 agents out to recruit 2 or 3 and only commons rewarded when you need to send out rares and uncommons to do the work. "

Recruit quest are not disabled from auto finish I auto finished a common and a uncommon quest just to test it. both let me auto finish with no issues.

You do not need to send rares and uncommon to do the work. Before the patch you HAD to match common to the common recruitment. This made it hard so they removed this restriction so you could use higher level agents to complete the quest. also they added more bonus to the quest so that their more options to get a higher %. pre patch most common recruit quest even with 179 agents I had a hard time getting past 90% success. after the patch I been able to get 100% on all 4 I sent out.

my point being is that the changes have made getting agents easy. this is a needed improvement for people that struggled to get agents. Also with getting more agents means the ability to upgrade agents sooner.

- - Common Non-Iconic Recruitment quests now require only 12 hours to complete, instead of 24 or 48 hours.
    - - Common Non-Iconic Recruitment quests have updated start and completion descriptions.
    - Rare and Elite Recovery quests are now available at level 1 in the Recovery category and require fewer agents and lower job ranks.
    - - Recovery Quest Party slots no longer require specific agent rarities, meaning any agent with the correct Job at the correct rank or better can contribute to the quest's success chance.
    - - Recovery quests have updated quest text.
    - Added a cap on quest completions per rotation. You may now complete up to 10 quests every 12 hours. This does not include Conversion quests.
    - To make Non-Iconic Agents more viable at higher quest levels, their Job Ranks have been increased by 1.
    - - Increased the Job Ranks of Common Agents from 1 to 2.
    - - Increased the Job Ranks of Uncommon Non-Iconic Agents from 2 to 3.
    - Fixed the success chance display to be consistent between offered quests and active quests.
    - Improved the usability of the Available Agents section of the Offered Quests tab on smaller window resolutions.
    - Fixed active quests to be consistent when switching zones or logging in to a different character.
    - Changed the highlight text color on the lists of quests and agents so that there isn't yellow text on a yellow background.
    - Added chat messages when a quest is started (including the agents assigned to it), completed, or abandoned.
    - The Chapterhouse of the Fallen Collection Item now includes Ankle Bone in the Dem Bones set.
  18. Mazame Augur

If you want to list the bonus / job type the quest was asking for I can let you know what agents were required to get a max %

Rare quest are much harder to complete. with 20/24 rare agents you are close to having them all but it may have been the ones your missing that were needed.

Also with changes to the patch notes elite agents could also be used to help get you a better success now.
  19. Mazame Augur

Skipping these quest will slow you greatly. yes it was dropped to 3 agents. but it still more agents in the long run

Old quest = 48 hours for 7 agents and 8 agents if you got a critical success.
    New quest = 12 hour for 3 agent and 4 when you critical success.

The old quest you would only see 1 every 36 to 72 hours .
    The new quest you get EVERY 12 hours.

So if we look at the 48 hour duration old system = 7-8 agents new system = 12-16 agents.

Now if you consider in how often they were offered
    Old system = 7-8 agents in 72 hour window and new system = 18-24 agents.

now if you got luck and got 2 of 36 hour quest that gave 5 agents on the old system that still would have only been 10-12 agents for a 72 period vs the new system of 18-24 agents. So with the new system your getting Double + of the amount of agents you could get before.

3 common = 1 uncommon
    9 common = 1 rare
    27 common = 1 elite

So with new system you will have a chance at an elite agent every 2 days. this should make getting the 180 agents much more with in reach of the common player. if your lucky you could have all your elites in 1 month starting from nothing.
  20. Mazame Augur

Patch notes said Conversion quest do NOT count. I tested it and can confirm they DO NOT added to your 10 cap.

As for the rare quest 50% is not the standard. you can get much higher % it just requires having the right agents and with elite agents open up to help now that make getting higher % more accessible.