Community Letter: A Note from Jennifer Chan

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

: ) Have a great night!
    Everyone should go home and work on it tomorrow.
  2. dreamweaver Community Manager

FREEEEEEDOOOOOM - Actually we're seeing this through. But you have a lovely evening.
    Veteran_BetaTester and Sinack like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The difference between an MMO and your ISP is you expect downtime for patches and other events in an MMO but don't from your ISP. I wouldn't expect compensation from a service that expects downtime and even advertises that fact.
    Ferriciean likes this.
  4. Zinlakin New Member

The price is irrelevant. Answer this very simple question: Is it good customer service to not provide the product that is being paid for? It is a very simple question.

As for your ominous "Prepare for changes....", yeah, I've had the same ISP for over a decade and they have always been very helpful. Even if it were to change, *ominous music!*, how is that relevant? Please refer to the original question about good customer service.
  5. Zinlakin New Member

Wrong. You expect them to keep their posted schedule. They do not.
    lockjaws likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There posted schedule is always estimated.
  7. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

I wanna see you try keeping a schedule with a 21 year old game.
  8. Masomenos New Member

Didn't say EQ sucks or really anything negative about it... It was really just a good thoughtful question I thought. I'm sorry that you had such an upchucked angry response towards it, what does that say about you stranger?
  9. Sinack New Member

So here we are again, not even 12 hours later. I was staying fairly optimistic throughout the 2 day shut down we just had. I fear even though this is only supposed to be 3 hours, it may be much longer. Does anyone know what the cause is this time? Thank you for your time.
  10. feeltheburn Augur

apparently 2 1/2 days just was not enough time. It's hard to find that water in the swimming pool sometimes.
    lockjaws likes this.
  11. Zykus New Member

Welp, my crazy pills must be kicking in.
  12. Sinack New Member

May I also ask, why the roll back? I just worked for over an hour gaining 12 AA points and I fear I may lose that hour on top of the time that this shut down will last? I also have read through out all the chats that the roll back will be due to the extra xp that some have gotten from all the corpses popped up in certain zones. I honestly thought it was DayBreaks way of giving us a bone from the excessive down time we just had. Now that's going to be taken away? Will letting us have the xp really disrupt the game that much that now I have to lose the xp from the corpses as well as from the almost 2 hours of killing mobs and completing some quest. Will I lose the quest credits as well?
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sorry you might lose your 12 AA but you can gain those back very easily with the Overseer or completing collections in other ways. Almost every one will give you 12 AA.

Now, I on the other hand am happy to see the role back as two of my accounts have lost all Plat that was in the bank. Not the shared bank but the regular one. Couple million plat on 2 accounts. Did not happen on a merged server either. I do not buy Krono so it will take me about 3 years to recover that much plat thru gameplay the way I originally got it.

Others have lost all items on traders, or real estate etc.

It is not about those bodies at all. Its about many things other than each individual's issue. It affects us all.
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Who said anything about a " Roll back" What are you talking about? I didn't just wait for 2 days to come play 3 hrs to get a rollback right? What rollback??

Why should I get a roll back to solve your issue? Not to sound rude, but if your missing items etc you should petition. Why should the server go down.

I just obtained a lot of T1 gear today and If I get a roll back that will cause mass issues.

It is CatsPaws fault.. ALL of it !

:)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  15. Sinack New Member

The xp was not an individual issue. Almost everyone that was logging had corpses. As far as the AA's go. I have no idea what completing collections is. I played for 6 years from 99-05. Didn't come back till maybe 3 weeks ago. Have had 2 roll backs since then and and now 3 shutdowns. Forgive me for wanting an explanation. I've gotten my mom, my sister to come back to the game as well as introducing it to 3 friends. Im just trying to get the best answers possible so I can explain to them whats going on as well. Also, if you wouldn't mind spending the time giving me a crash course on these collections and maybe multiple other pointers that would help me and others reacclimate to the game. Then that would be wonderful. Not to be rude, I don't appreciate you downplaying the value of my time and how I earned the points either. Its still almost 2 hours of game play that me and im sure hundreds of others are about to lose. So this is way beyond "individual" issues. thanks for that though. However, back to the crash course, please, cause that would be awesome. Unless this post has also rubbed you the wrong way or seems insignificant to you. Regardless, thank you for your time. :)
  16. Sinack New Member

Many people have mentioned a possible roll back in the works. for many reason, including the guy 2 post above this one that apparently lost an accumulation of millions of plat from multiple characters.
  17. crunkdutch New Member

under promise over deliver, is something these folks at DB/ DP need to get taught ASAP. scheduled downtime is expected, but when you cannot EVER, complete the work in the scheduled time, something needs to change
  18. Councilman New Member

To be clear, this nonsense has gone on for the entire 21 years hence the nickname Evercrash.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I do apologize for my rudeness. Everyone who knows me on these forums knows I am usually a very helpful person but I think the constant posting that every one is doing over and over and over on the same thing and then losing all my plat I have ever had in the game and also having been called stupid and other names recently on my posts has skewered my viewpoint and I took your post as just another whiner.

Yes, I can see how just returning to the game and losing all that would be upsetting.

So here is the crash course on collections. These are yellow glowing shiney things you find on the ground or fall off mobs when you fight them. Collections started in Rain of Fear and all expansions after it. (look in achievement window->(expansion)->collectible) and it will list which ones finish a collection. So you kinda collect them to make collections which when completed award you experience, AA or if its the total collection for that zone it could be a bag or other cool thing.

You can also buy them in the baz if your missing ones that are hard to find. But some players ask A LOT for some of them while other easily found ones are only 1 or 2 plat.

I assumed your earned those 12 AA that way or in an hour or two by doing what are called Heroic Adventures. These are done in many zones but if you check with Franklin Teek in POK first he will tell you of 2 that will give you lots of bonus exp when finished. He will also port you to the quest giver to get the base quest. You will not see much exp during the task but at the end it can be amazing if your low enough. Level 110 and up don't get much anymore. You can do this each day.

On the other hand Frank's cousin Clayton that is right next to him will give you some kill 5 mobs based on your level and those do not change daily. Good exp and some armor as a reward. Up to level 95.

The Overseer is a program that runs in the background which was just introduced recently and certain quests in there reward collection pieces. These are not trade able ones like the others but will count like the others to finish the collection.

Hope this helps:)
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Sinack New Member

Thank you very much. I am going to screen shot this info for future reference. I do very much appreciate you taking your time to type this up. I take back any comment that may have been considered rude in response to your earlier post.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.