I want an extra day added to my All-Access

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fuddlebutts, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenorius9 New Member

Great time to sub to other mmos
    juggalo likes this.
  2. Yimin Augur

Dont give me an extra day ill take Barnacle-Encrusted Brazier , thank you in advance ! :)

YiMin

PS you can change the name to the YiMin Brazier if you like :)
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Please add a day to my lifetime sub so I don't feel cheated. I guess you owe me an additional day of life too come to think of it.
    Sokki, winspearean, Nennius and 3 others like this.
  4. enclee Augur

It’s reasonable for customers to expect that their subscription time would be frozen, while a service is going through a planned down period. At the same time, DPG informed the user base.

If, it were my decision I’d look at providing some sort of compensation. Ultimately, I think they will. They’re usually pretty reasonable folks, even that one ogre guy.
    swerves and Vumad like this.
  5. Celephane Augur

So, seriously that one day a piano didn't fall on your head and you never knew about it...might have been them paying up
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. Derka Power Ranger

Pretty sure it's in the Terms of Service that patch down time is included in your subscription. You know, the policy that no one reads. It was quoted in one of these similar threads in the past.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Don't confuse them with facts :)
  8. svann Augur

The pertinent text from TOS:
    But then we knew that.
  9. Trafthek Lorekeeper

10. siraries New Member

I hate to rain on your parade but refunds are only for noobs so you are in the wrong forum.
  11. Fuddlebutts New Member

Here comes the EQ lawyer team masking as "players"
    juggalo likes this.
  12. Fohpo Augur

lockjaws likes this.
  13. Derka Power Ranger

But how are we supposed to know hot coffee is hot if it doesn't say CAUTION: EXTREMELY HOT on the cup??
  14. Fohpo Augur

That's the $3 million question (at least I think that's what she won).
  15. Stonyj New Member

16. Fredescu Augur

The coffee in the lawsuit was dangerously hot and caused third degree burns requiring skin grafts.

I think there probably is a point where the outage becomes unreasonably long and refunds can at least be argued, but 2-3 days aint it.
    winspearean and enclee like this.
  17. enclee Augur

This is very ignorant statement on that case. It’s something you should really look at before making a dismissive comment. In short, McDonalds had received numerous complaints about its coffee temperature. McDonalds lawyers determined the cost of lawsuits were less than the hassle of changing their operating procedures.

I get it’s funny to go coffee is hot, duh. The conversation shifts when corporate lawyers start discussing costs of liability around food service safety.
  18. Password1234 Augur

Her clothing needed to be surgically removed from her body. McDonalds knew it was serving coffee 20-30 degrees above the average temperature and had received hundreds of complaints previously, and she initially only wanted the costs of her skin grafts covered when McDonalds offered her something like $500.

But that's not how the media chose to report it at the time!
    Trafthek and enclee like this.
  19. Herodotus Augur

The Ford Pinto approach.
    Nennius and enclee like this.
  20. Prepared Lorekeeper

It would be nice. Or a week of 100% bonus experience on all servers. If not that's ok I'll continue playing on all 48 subscribed accounts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.