Server Merger vs. Downtime

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Braveheart, May 20, 2020.

1. Braveheart Augur

Why are servers not involved in the mergers down? Can't you bring the non-effected servers up?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  2. Buster_Shruggs Augur

It was mentioned in a different thread I believe: something about all servers sharing "something or other", I'm not savvy in the technical jargon they used.
    Yinla and Magneress like this.
  3. DillyBar Augur

They are running on 20 year old hardware which means ONE shared database server.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No they're not. The hardware has been upgraded multiple times. It's also been upgraded RECENTLY from flat files to a database system... and it's multiple databases. Quit spewing misinformation.
  5. Jennre Band Leader

Amen
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Smallhands Elder

So anytime they need to do anything with Non-TLP Servers, they need to bring TLP's down?

My God. :rolleyes:
  7. code-zero Augur

heh, live has to put up with stuff that TLP causes so no sympathy here
  8. Smallhands Elder

You mean Mangler? :eek:
  9. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Magneress likes this.
  10. Zamiam Augur

wasnt there a 24 hour downtime back in feb for exactly this reason they upgraded to new servers or hardware .. iirc ..
    they really need to give us an XP bonus and rare spawn for all this downtime .. comon DPG .. could use a week long bonus for all the heroics i created during anniv ..

also just for a "what the heck" moment how bout turning anniv on again for a few more weeks ? :p I had a few toons that could not get some of those tasks done ..

the only good news is I have not had to pay for my subs for about 6 months , thank goodness of being able to buy in-game krono's from my plat farming and traders
  11. Smallhands Elder

yeah may be you could extend LDON for Mangler...
  12. Captain Video Augur

They did bring non-affected servers back up. Test is up. Those of us who play on Test are happily killing stuff even as I type this.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

... Half of the servers are TLP servers.
  14. SleezerGeezer Elder

Anything special you need to do to play on test, such as create a duplicate file folder?
  15. Kuvaras New Member

i find it interesting that the development staff is acting like no one could have known... yet anyone who is a veteran player of the game knew that this would not happen in the time allotted.
  16. Zamiam Augur

well you actually need to log into regular servers and do a /testcopy so until servers come back up having test avail is a no go for most of us ..
  17. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I thought /testcopy was only to bring over a copy of your current/preferred main. Are we not able to start a new toon from level 1 on Test?
  18. Heajol Augur

You can. You can even /testbuff to level 25 I believe. Been a few years since I played on Test.

19. Celephane Augur

There are plenty of things the test server can't do and how would you even test things on it anyway... like oh I don't know, a server merger? Is there another server to shut down and merge with Test just see what happens? Nope, that would require shutting down the live ones, which is where we are right now
  20. Zamiam Augur

did not know that .. ty I do not play on test ..