The end of SK's

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Heffernan, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Marton Augur

I do.

Drogba can join my group any time :).
  2. Cadira Augur

Im 100% sure I've never even had a dream as unbelievable as this post.
    Scornfire, Thalliius, Duder and 2 others like this.
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

My j boots on my SK are slower, my pally’s are faster.
  4. FawnTemplar Augur

5. Cicelee Augur

Might be the funniest thread title this year. Congrats on that.

I think the SK class is doing OK nowadays. I mean, they can solo TOV missions. Every class can do that, aye?
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

Mage pets are tanks. They should tank well. However, They are the worst of the 4 tanks. The ONLY thing that makes mage pets better than plate tanks is that they only need fortification and an earring to reach their peak. That's Autogrant + <1k AA. Plate tanks will vastly out perform, but they need more to do it. Casual players that play tanks are going to struggle. That is not new. That is why I box a mage instead of a plate tank.
  7. Yendar Augur

SKs are the most overpowered class and it isn’t even close.
    I’d like to see your comments after playing another class for awhile.
    minimind, Petalonyx and lockjaws like this.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

SKs can barely tank current content :(
    We need more lifetaps! And an AoE Harm Touch! (Preferably one that hits players too!)

:D
  9. blogget New Member

yeah, has to be a player issue, I regularly group with a mage and sometimes a shaman, the mage pet can take aggro, if I let it, I have all top group gear and mostly all top augs and have no issue tanking anything, and actually works well to balance some aggro with the mage pet, I've found no particular issue with my mana, I can still use dots if I feel like, I've personally found very little difference with the nerf from last patch unless i'm soloing in tov zones, then yes, I run low on mana but it's manageable, I have several different toons, all melee class, and my sk, by far, is the best and most enjoyable to play for me
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, apparently necros will do 2M/tick DPS after this patch, so... problem solved?

;)
  11. Dre. Altoholic

Agreed. Multibinding while boxing seems to be a particularly tedious process that I suspect many players just aren't willing to put up with.
    GoneFission likes this.
  12. Xanathol Augur

Logging in a mage and necro...
  13. Yendar Augur

Mages and Necros can barely out DPS an SK..
    their tanking abilities are far below SKs..
    They don’t mitigate as well, don’t pull as well, Don’t taunt as well. Don’t have an AE taunt which is pretty huge.
    SKs heal better, in fact they can basically keep themselves healed usually. When I play my cleric with an SK I only use contravention heals.

SKs can literally solo ToV missions.
  14. DillyBar Augur

Lies. They can only solo ToV missions with a group of bots.
  15. Yendar Augur

no.. they can go in.. themselves and solo the mission, This isn't new.. they were doing it in TBL missions also.
  16. Yendar Augur

The rogue merc's are broken supposedly and everyone has the same issue with their aggro. This is not an SK dependant problem. SK's don't have trouble holding aggro off PC's and they tank WAY better than a mage pet. You're doing something wrong.

People don't need as much help with the namers because the namers are a lot easier. Your shammy pet can probably tank t1 namers. The tank merc can tank a namer and an add... its a joke.

You realize that your dots just got a DPS increase.. and that's why theyre using more mana and you need to med. That's right, the most overpowered class in the game got a DPS increase.. & you're STILL complaining about it. You could cast less, do the same dps as you used to and med just as frequently... or you can cast the same amount and do more dps but run out of mana more quickly.. this is a positive change for you.. there's literally zero drawback.

I group with 3 SKs rather regularly, all can tank fine, can heal themselves fine, and do very solid DPS. They are generally the most important member of the group by a WIDE MARGIN.

I group with 2 paladins with similar gear and they don't tank nearly as well and require much more healing when im on my cleric. (The SK I usually don't even target, I can just contravention heal and use some group heals/HoT's) meaning that when im grouped with the SK.. the SK is doing more DPS than the paladin & allowing the healer to do more DPS than the paladin or mage pet would.
    Petalonyx and code-zero like this.
  17. DillyBar Augur

Wow, someone has serious hate over a class in a game. Move on kid.

Xanathol likes this.
  18. Yendar Augur

serious hate? which class are you saying I hate.. I haven't said one negative thing about an SK. They're by far the best class in the game and my preferred class to group with no matter which toon I'm playing
  19. Magneress Augur

Everyone on other forums and all over this board seems to think SKs are one of if not the best MOLO class still. IDK
  20. Petalonyx Augur

Matches my experience. SKs offer indirect DPS because they heal themselves so well that the healers, or healer slots in a group, can be devoted to 100% DPS. That's just an enormous advantage in any content where DPS matters.
    Yendar likes this.