Which Discord area will have server updates?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronk, May 19, 2020.

1. Bronk Elder

The last time the servers went down and we were waiting for their imminent rebirth, one of the Devs was in Discord giving us live updates so we could log in as soon as they were live again.

Does anyone remember or know if and where this will happen for this downtime?
  2. IcebergDX Lorekeeper

That was because it was down due to an issue (it was broke d!#k.)

This is a planned outage, so I would be willing to bet the only updates will be if:
    a) they get done early (doubtful and suspicious of more than the normal issues after a maintenance down) or
    b) they have to run long (fully expected, and still probably buggy as hell.)

So go have a day doing something else, Evercrack is off the menu for today.
  3. Bronk Elder

First of all, I don't plan on checking in until the time is close to the servers going up, so I have planned a day doing something else.

Second, I think I found the channel. Dreamweaver was there earlier and I expect they will be there near the time the servers start to come up again. Once again I give praise (huzzah!) for this excellent innovation in EQ Customer Service.

The Discord channel on the EQ Discord is ... the-tavern-at-the-beginning.
  4. Buster_Shruggs Augur

[quote="The Discord channel on the EQ Discord is ... the-tavern-at-the-beginning.[/quote]

Cool, thanks for the info. I was asking about that on a different thread.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

6. Bronk Elder

Sadly, I've found that the server update page is not always accurate in a timely way.

It was also not announced immediately in the Discord forum but hopefully next time the users in that forum can post updates sooner rather than waiting for the official announcement.
  7. Rorce Augur

Server status stats tracked by external sources rely on data provided from Census, which unfortunately is only updated once every few minutes.

Late last year we added a feature to the EQResource Discord server that allows players to receive Discord alerts/notifications when servers of their choosing go up/down. The data to drive this feature is provided by Census, so there can be up to a 5 minute delay between the time the server goes up or down and the time you get the notification, but it's still a very handy tool. You can get the details of that feature here:
    https://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=206532.0
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Bronk Elder

Thanks, this looks great!
    Rorce and Riou like this.