Returning player, maybe

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Huhu, May 16, 2020.

1. Huhu New Member

Hi,

I have just rebooted EQ after a few years, but im confused about equipment.

I have see some equipment i am the right lvl, race and class for but it shows red, why would this be ?

I am currently only a silver member, could that have something to do with it ?

Thanks in advance
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

If something says prestige, you must be all access to gain benefit from it. The other, less-likely possibility, is that some gear/augments have deity restrictions you must meet as well.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Red means you can't equip it, due to race or class or deity or level.

Usually it will be level or class. So if you get an item and its red - don't throw it away until you check to see if you can grow into it - maybe a higher level. I know you said you were the right level/class etc but the only way we can really tell you is if you tell us your class/race/level and what the item is.

Purple means the item is prestige and you have to have a paying account to wear it. But fear not there are a ton of augs, armor and weapons for non paid.
  4. Questoften32 Augur

Some things ''usefully'' can be equipped slightly in advance and sort of scale stats, even the Defiant pieces, its one of the good things about EQ.
  5. Temujinkan1 New Member

6. Temujinkan1 New Member

Most likely the augmentations in your armor is the problem since they are now prestige and you have to pay for full access for them to work. Remove them and you should be able to use your old armor.
  7. Quiverr Journeyman

that would be the 'recommended level' effect taking place