Test Update 05/12/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 12, 2020.

1. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

With all the negative comments, I figured I'd post something positive.

I can't wait for these new Overseer changes to go live!! I'm curious to see how the new lvls of recruit quests effect the amount of agents received but any increase in agents received will be a plus and the reduced times are greatly appreciated!!

My only concern with the changes is the quest cap limit. I've seen others ask this as well, will the conversion quests count towards this cap? If so we'll have to plan when to do conversions or we'll hit our cap limit without using any speed ups.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I assume it means completing quests in any way otherwise what would be the point of a limit if you could spend to get rid of it. Also I would assume it is per rotation not per day as mentioned in the patch notes.
  3. ShadowMan Augur

I have missed so much and so little time to process!

Plus snare which if treated like Shadow Knights will also see a large jump in damage. He might likely handle necro snare as he has for SK's and allow the damage portion to land even if the snare doesn't. Plus Cascade of Decay.

So that still leaves necro's with 16-17 dots not 12.
    Marton, Scornfire and menown like this.
  4. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I just want to take a moment to appreciate the serendipity of being quoted to correct someone named "Truthfire"

Genuinely just funny, needed to do a triple take there
    Kuvani and Zataos like this.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I echo all of this! I also share the concern of conversions preventing us from further questing. Can we please receive some clarity on this? Do they count towards the number of quests per day?
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah, from what I've heard it's 10 quests per 12 hours. So, doing all 6 hour quests you will hit the cap without speed ups. Conversions I'm not sure about, but if they count as well that could cause some issues.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

It's a simple nerf to prevent players from focusing on 6hr quests for critical successes.

If that cap includes "Overseer: Finish Quest" purchases, then that implies that players haven't been spending DBC on them to the rate of more then 10 per rotation anyways. It's become "not worth it". Otherwise the DPG employee who made this decision has reduced DPG revenue in a directly measurable way.
    Andarriel and Barton like this.
  8. bobokatt Augur

In regards to the changes for Necro DOTs, and I am writing this as a level 110.
    Currently our robe provides a focus effect for the two spell lines Earthforce Pyre and SWIFT SICKNESS critical. With these recent changes, the PYRE line will still be used, unchanged and will get focused by the robe, but only the SWIFT version of the disease spell (Hoshkar's Swift Sickness) still gets focused. If we choose to use the longer lasting one, Mourgis' Decay, same spell in theory just longer duration, more mana, the robe will NOT focus that. Will the robes be changed to focus both spells?
    Cheers.
  9. Orcen Elder

Used in pottery tradeskill combines, still. I agree, dont understand why the tradeskill flags would be removed.. Whats going to happen to these parts stored in my tradeskill component bags.... This does seem illogical. Why screw with this when its not broke..
    Caell likes this.
  10. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Wait? You are complaining that recast timers are being removed?

Man, it must be nice to be a necro...
  11. Szilent Augur

Dots are different. For nearly all dots, having a 1 tick cool down is arguably a QOL upgrade. Just to see on the spell bar what point one is at as regards a rotation or sequence. On the flipside, having a cool down on dots is super duper bad in the case of resists.
    Kalipto and Vexana_Lanys like this.
  12. birdsong_pawn Augur

No, I'm certainly in favor of recast timers being drastically reduced. But I think it would be best if swift dots have a short recast timer so that
    • we can continue to multibind three swift dots to a single key (instead of completely reworking hotkey setups that we have used since levels 85-89), and
    • we can see where we are in the rotation, as Szilent mentions above.
  13. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Can ya lower DPS out put of the TOV raid trash that they can be tanked a little bit easier, since they will all summon now ?
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If that is their reason for changing it then they need to make some Plunder, Harvesting and Crafting 12 hour quests, I'm lacking in those 3 stat lines due to them giving less experience and it not being possible 2 do full rotations of 6 hour quests to allow me to gain equal experience to the 12 hour quests for Trade, Exploring and Millitary. Research maxed out really fast being a 24 hour quest and giving more experience so I wouldn't say no to Plunder, Harvesting and Crafting having some 24 hour quests either.
    Andarriel likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't make any sense at all. First off there isn't the ability to do 10+ 6 hour quests. Secondly they wouldn't be adding in the cap if they didn't think that completing to many was a problem. With the small amount of DBC that a completed quest costs I don't think they are worrying about the lost revenue.
  16. Cadira Augur

17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Not current robes. Future robes can change.
  18. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

I love the look on the girlfriends face, that guy is just dumb. both girls look like cousins or sisters, just different outfits. perhaps he should have invested in the one he had in hand.

Can you please break rangers up to a sustained 4 mill DPS?
  19. Tuco Augur

Thing is, you don't know what red shirt is carrying below her waist that can rock flannel's world just like Aristo doesn't know what necros are going to do to raid mobs after this patch goes live.
    Metanis likes this.
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

You can still do all 6 hour quests so I don't see how that's a nerf to them. My question from earlier about conversion quests counting towards the cap could in effect nerf them if they do count. And there are definitely players who have been using the finish now for 10+ quests per rotation. Yes, this change will cost them some revenue but they probably felt the lost revenue was still worth the change. With no limit to quests Overseer was basically pay to win, you could finish the entire rotation of quests and basically buy your lvls.
    Wulfhere likes this.