Allow transfers to Agnarr after PoP/LoY since Aradune was switched to not be pop locked.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 15, 2020.

1. MMOer Augur

Was hoping Aradune would be Pop Locked and eventually other pop lock servers would merge into Aradune. This would allow for a fresh Classic pop lock feeder server each year to feed into Aradune and keep the name alive for years to come.

With these hopes dashed and the opportunity missed, please allow transfers to Agnarr once Aradune moved beyond PoP/LoY. With the bait and switch pulled on Aradune it is the least EQ Devs can offer us who want PoP Lock.
  2. Xeris Augur

While I'd like this idea... I think the LEAST they can do is nothing, and if you want a pop lock experience there's already a place tailor made for you.
    Dythan likes this.
  3. Meredyth Augur

A seasonal server with ladders would have been pretty cool. Somebody in another thread also suggested that on such a server it would be cool to randomize some of the class characteristics so that it was a different meta each time, and I agree.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Why go to all that trouble when Agnarr already exists?
    Sokanist likes this.
  5. Idget Lorekeeper

Agree, just start on Agnarr if you want PoP locked. Plenty of people doing stuff leveling up there.
    Sokanist likes this.
  6. Terranos Elder

Transfers if they did happen would need to cease before GoD unlocks, can't have GoD geared toons running around on a PoP locked server, that just wouldn't be kosher.
  7. Yarteb Elder

Transfers of plat, gear and bots, what could go wrong. Nope.
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'm okay with this if I can also transfer my new heroic toon on phinny to agnarr too.
  9. jeskola pheerie

Posts like this are why the devs mostly ignore forum suggestions.
  10. Meredyth Augur

I said it would have been cool. I didn’t say I expected it to happen. You guys are just rude.
  11. Batbener Augur

While I personally don't understand PoP locked servers, I really, really, really, really, really, don't understand multiple PoP locked servers, with transfers.
  12. aindriuc Elder

What if they took the game in a different branch/direction after PoP? Like consolidated the game at a point where it was successful, and instead of branching off to a failed game, they added new content at that stage?
  13. Zinth Augur

just start on Agnarr? the server is right there and PoP isn't that far in progression
  14. Zinth Augur

then they should delete pop and move on from Luclin and the old world.
  15. Sokanist Journeyman

these PoP locked people makes absolutely no sense

you want a server that is locked from progressing and you got that, they gave it to you "Agnar",
    and yet you want new servers to also be locked, hah sounds like you are confused as to what you want.

if you want to play PoP untill year 3000 than simple stay on Agnar ! and be happy !
    if you want to play up through classic and stop in PoP than play one of the new servers and when you feel that it goes beyound PoP simple jump back to Agnar again and again and again.... and be happy offcause ! :O)

having more than 1 PoP locked server simultaniously make no sense, 1 server PoP locked counters all sense and reason for another server to be PoP locked.

if the new servers were PoP locked: it would 100% die at PoP as it would have no where to go from there, by removing the PoP lock from the new servers these servers can survive "some" time after PoP, also many people like me will simple not play the new servers if we know that it is 100% done at PoP,

we "MUST" have the option the choice to continue after PoP if we like, otherwise many of us would simple not bother with it.
  16. Mrjon3s Augur

Seriously just play the new TLP then next year a new TLP will come out and you can play that. Or just stick with Agnarr.
  17. Hinastorm86 Augur

I'd say wanting to repeat classic then stop at PoP over and over is more indicative of mental illness than that.

But thats just me.

Spicing things up instead of repeating the same thing over and over and over.
  18. Hinastorm86 Augur

Right? Like i'm actually confused what these people want. 6 months in pop+ldon is more than enough to do everything tons of times even while working full time or more. Then they can repeat the process again next year if they want.

The desire for a PoP lock, and by extension people who want to sit in classic wow forever and not move forward to BC, continues to wholesale baffle me.
  19. Zinth Augur

if you are so happy for pop lock then go to Agnarr? and the servers would merge into Agnarr if anything since it already exist... and opening transfers "after" pop would just not work for Agnarr since Agnarr is pop locked ;-)
  20. Xeris Augur

I've been on Agnarr since 2017 and I'm not tired of it yet. Different people like different things. I enjoy pop lock era. I only marginally wanna play to oow to do 2.0 epic, but I have 0 interest in anything else