The Prayer Shawl Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darchi, May 14, 2020.

1. Darchi New Member

With adding so many new evolving items to Everquest why not go a few more steps forward with the Prayer Shawl Quest? I think that every expansion should offer something to keep that 1 item progressing and being of more use to the players. It requires work but well worth the effort.

Just an idea...think about it!
    Darchi
  2. Monkman Augur

Many players on beta speculated that there would be a new shawl quest introduced with TOV, Ngreth shot it down pretty quickly.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's been speculated on these boards that we will at some point have a Torment of Velious part deux. Now that Rallos Zek has had the attention he desired from Norrath's mortals, maybe he'll be ok with Brell receiving a little love, again. ;)

If the developers were going to save something players would really love to see for a sequel to an expac, extension of the Shawl quest would be very popular.
  4. svann Augur

There be dragons.
    Proximoe and Jhenna_BB like this.
  5. Nadisia Augur

Yeah, Velious without dragons is not Velious.
    The gigantic scars over the continent have been made by Veeshan herself, not by giants nor their god.
    She was the first deity to take notice of Norrath and deposited her brood on Velious.

Velious without dragons would be weird, even silly.
    Nennius and Jhenna_BB like this.
  6. Mazame Augur

It was said in beta that Brell had his day and Rallos wants to have his run that is why we got the ear quest.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Helping giants who hate me is weird, my faction in Kael (real SoV) is still trashed, makes no sense that I am now helping King Tormax, when in reality we are sworn enemies.

ToV has made a mockery of SoV factions.
    Chopin.Xegony likes this.
  8. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Completely agree, however if we sit here and make a list of all the things in ToV that don't make sense, is really stupid, or poorly implemented we would just have to say 'the entire expansion; and move on.
  9. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I've been saying this for a while now.

Its still on my wishlist to have a Voltron-style aug/ear/whatever that combines all the tradeskill things into one. Shawl, Crestra, TOV ear, Artisan's Prize and all trophies that every class can get (no tinker/poison/alchemy)

I enjoyed the all over Norrath aspect of the final Shawl. Who would have ever thought that one of the final fights would have been in instanced Freeport?

I both love and hate the evolving quality of the TOV ear between each quest. It slows the pace way down but I know thats a good thing.

Go ahead and make a raid and group version since Crestra and Shawl had raid versions. Can't even attempt the quest without unmodified say 325 in everything.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

If it ends up going in whenever Velious-next happens, I hope the achievement has the raid step as optional. It just bugs me not to be able to finish the earring achievement since I don't raid (I could with Crestra's), but I finished the rest so long ago and still see that empty space :p