Test Update 05/12/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 12, 2020.

1. Orbital101 Augur

Ran a few mission and quests on test but not seeing any of those as rewards or in the chest. It would also be nice to get a few for completing mercenary and partisan.
    Brumans and Jennre like this.
  2. Wikichant New Member

Alabaster Beak is used to create Windy Glaze, which is then used to make Unfired Totem of Xegony.
    It's a tradeskill item. Yes, it's a subcombine, but I'd be pissed if I failed to loot it because it wasn't marked as tradeskill item. Having to go back to zones to farm rare items that you've already seen drop is not fun.

The change is going to be unpopular. Please consider either taking the glazes out of ACTUAL TRADESKILLS or just put them on a vendor.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

Lol
  4. Jennre Band Leader

Heya Goodurden!
    Try the quests listed here: https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=120367
    Orbital101 and Riou like this.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

To add, maybe grant them as known recipes to players for purposes of leveling the Artisan's Prize.
    Swiss likes this.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I do apologize for going off the rails a second on this, but! I always assumed your name was after Tuco from the Good the Bad and Ugly and I instantly had "The Ecstacy of Gold" stuck in my head from your meme.

What a great film!

Metanis and Tuco like this.
  7. Nylrem Augur

I really do hope this is actually listened to, by someone, and NOT get pushed to live, with the necro revamp as is...

I seriously cannot believe they goofed it this bad, after all the talk, from everyone, of saying that it would go exactly like this...

I'm hearing from an acquaintance that copied to test, to check it out, that they were able to sustain 1.4 mil dps for 10 minutes, solo, with zero aDPS, and using NO burn stuff, killing 1 mob at a time.

UN BE LIEVE able.

I really don't know, but I'd have to guess, with raid stuff going, and burns, maybe hitting what... 4 million DPS vs 1 mob, double that, maybe, if DPSing 2+ mobs at once?

What a goof...

Seriously, DO NOT let it go live, this way...
    Rolaque, Evurkvest and Wulfhere like this.
  8. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Can you clarify what happens when 2 Necros now cast the same dot with this new revamp? Will they both land ? Or just that if the one necro casts a level 115 dot of one line that he can't cast the level 110 dot of the same line , but both necros can cast the same 115 dot a raid boss? Seems there are conflicting interpretations of what the dot revamp means based on player comments.
  9. Marton Augur

Why would not they both land?
  10. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

I think they would but this post seems to think otherwise.
  11. Moege Augur

Not all posts are created equal.
    Winnowyl and Sancus like this.
  12. Swiss Augur

That post was misunderstanding the original notes, it's the same as past dot revamps.
  13. Vrinda Augur

I suggest you copy your own necro to Test, head to Arena, and try out the revised spells yourself rather than freaking out by trusting someone else's report. That's exactly what I did, and it gave me a good feel for what to expect next week when the changes go live.

Will there need to be some changes and tweaks? Absolutely. Casting one spell that gives you the dps of what previously required three spells, but without the cast times and global cooldowns for two of those spell casts, allows us to ramp up more quickly. That's a good thing! It will boost our dps in exactly the same way druid, shaman and chanter dots currently work, so it's up to the development crew to decide whether or not the total damage is what was intended.

Because Aristo wasn't able to get all of our spell lines completed in one pass, though, we're currently able to add spells and dps to our primary lineup from the (wounds, magic, mana drain, etc.) spell lines that haven't yet been revised. While he works on the remainder of the spell lines, those who are happy to hot swap spell sets will still be casting more than thirteen dots. As has been stated previously in this thread, there won't be any positive effect on the mob debuff limit because we're just filling up the slots with lower damage spells we wouldn't normally be casting. The only way that's going to change is for him to finish his revamp of all our spell lines so we can no longer throw in the extras.

Between now and when the new spells go live, take a deep breath, copy your toon over to Test, decide what changes you're going to need to make to your existing spell sets come next week, and parse your damage to see about that 1.4 million dps your acquaintance was claiming. You might discover you're not getting the same unadorned mileage he told you about.
    Terakathis likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would it not work like it does for Shaman, Druid and other dotting classes after their revamps where each person can land one dot from each line?
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Will this include conversions? If you do conversions, it will limit your ability to 6 hour-quests a lot, if it does include conversion-quests in the quest cap.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With the changes to the Non tradeskill items that are used in tradeskills after being used in a non tradeskill container or being imbued can we get vendor trash added to items that are not used in quests or tradeskills so we can see what we can sell without kicking ourselves later that we need the item we just sold.
  17. birdsong_pawn Augur

Many necros currently multibind the three usable swift dots to a single hotkey. Completely removing the recast timers will mean we can't multibind them.

It would be nice if the recast timers (for swift dots) are long enough to multibind them, but short enough to chain cast them.
    Kalipto likes this.
  18. Funky Augur

more than likely it's being misinterpreted. because you can have dots of the same line casts on a single mob, as long as they are not by the same caster.

SK bond line for instance. i can't cast my highest bond with lower bonds on 1 mob, but if another Sk is with me, we can both cast the same bond on a single mob.
  19. Cacky Elder

Does this mean completing quests in any way, or just buying completions with DB coins?

I have been having a lot of fun playing overseer and using a spreadsheet to track all the agents, quests, statistics, etc. It would be significantly less fun if it were restricted to completing 10 quests a day!
  20. Qbert Gallifreyan

Per rotation, not per day.