Aradune Clarification

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Magneress, May 14, 2020.

1. Magneress Augur

I noticed that truebox was removed from the announcement post over on the main page.

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-rizlona-aradune-progression-server-launch-2020

Does this mean I may possibly box two characters, one each, on a separate client, and each on a separate account on Aradune when it launches? But running from the same PC?

This seems like it would be amazingly cool as I don't have a ton of time to play and being able to box a druid with a melee occasionally would be really sweet and worth a 2cnd sub. I don't have great hardware laying around for a 2cnd PC.

If not that is cool. I will consider sticking on Mangler where exping my rogue is going to be easier as the later expansions unlock. As it is I want to experience GoD in it's fullness before OOW rolls out, but I also want to have the time and ability to lvl a berserker to 65 during OoW and do a bit of raiding, just to see what it was like. Then explore the later expansions in more depth. As it is those are my personal reasons for coming back to live.

Just super hopeful that around Luclin I can really dig into the game in ways that I was never able to before, and still remain kind of, sort of, healthy :D *cough*, not that I am anyway.

P.S. can you get shadows working on Navi 10 GPUs under windows 10 lol :D o_O
  2. Thrawnseg Augur

Huh? It's still there - from your link:

An EverQuest Progression Server is a way to experience EverQuest as it grew over time, starting during the earlier eras of the game. The Aradune Truebox Dedicated Progression and Rizlona Boxed Dedicated Progression
  3. Magneress Augur

So that is a Yes on Rizlona?
    And a NO on Aradune?
    Or a no on both?

My reading comprehensions skills aren't as sharp as they use to be. Sorry I would like this spelled out.

If it's cool on Rizlona that's cool. People should have Aradune for a more pure experience. I don't care about the name of the server I am playing on, though I do hope for Aradune to be a great success in honor of the late Brad.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

No. Rizlona allows you to run multiple clients from the same machine. Aradune limits you to two characters per person and each must run on its own PC.

It's all in the announcement.
    Magneress likes this.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

He's gonna need you to draw it in a picture.
  6. auto21 Elder

Don't forget the running round in a figure of 8 and jumping...
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, you're on fire today.
  8. Magneress Augur

thanks, this is exactly what I needed.

lol, I am open to MS paints, cuz I seriously like pictures

i dont actually understand this

yah it was good

----------

some of us are actually better verbal and visual communicators, then we are written words comms

----

don't forget dance is also a form of communication :D
    Dythan likes this.
  9. MBear Augur

[IMG]
    Draconum, Magneress and Dythan like this.
  10. Xaelon New Member

So Rizlona can only have 4 boxes per pc?
    MBear and Magneress like this.
  11. Kukaw Augur

Exactly!
    MBear likes this.
  12. Magneress Augur

visually it looks like only 4 according to the chart, but I believe you can box more characters on Rizlona if you want if you aren't:
    • Disrupting a zone
    • automating
    *Looks* like I will definitely be starting out on Rizlona.

I don't see how someone could box more than a group really without automation though, so I wouldn't expect to see lots of 40 player armies according to the rules, if it happens, hopefully it does where no one cares in an out of the way zone.

Personally two is a convenience, and I don't think I have ever grouped and boxed at the same time. On any server, anywhere.
  13. Xaelon New Member

Yea, I was just keeping the fun going....
    Magneress likes this.
  14. Sikkun Augur

Highly assisted non unattended gameplay seems to get a pass though. Even though it would be automated by normal definitions.
    Magneress likes this.
  15. Magneress Augur

Yeah, I am no octopus-human-hybrid myself, I don't mind highly assisted gameplay. I am at the point where I could use an assist playing my single character.

:D

Super duper excited for Rizlona now! Real glad they DBG, Darkpaw, decided to give us an option,though I am not a real dedicated passionate box-r-type.