The EverQuest Show Ep 10 is "The Worst!"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, May 12, 2020.

1. Fading Illusion Augur

Glad to know it's bringing people back into the game! I'm doing my part to keep this game alive and keep the positivity around the development going.

Fading
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

RoF was and still is incomplete, it still bugs me that final portal doesn't go anuywhere.
  3. kizant Augur

5 Worst Expansions:
    1. Luclin
    2. Luclin
    3. Luclin
    4. Luclin
    5. GoD

Also, Frogloks are one of the best models in the game. Guktan is OK but it's nowhere near as good.
    Xanathol and Duder like this.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Luclin launch was the most smooth in the franchises history!

*runs and hides!*
  5. Duder Augur

We even disagree on Luclin, I loved Luclin! =P But I agree with you on GoD for sure!
  6. kizant Augur

The main problems with Luclin are the new ugly character models, cat people, mounts, the bazaar, the terrible transportation system, and the whole idea of AAs. Not to mention we didn't need space aliens in a fantasy style game. Ssra Temple was a good zone though.
    Aenvar, Nniki and Duder like this.
  7. Duder Augur

I agree with most of that. Who are you and what have you done with Kizant?

Ssra was the best part of Luclin for sure, the rest was just as you've said.
    Nniki and kizant like this.
  8. Pawtato Augur

I love all those things. Also, I started in Luclin. I'm very fond of the Old Bazaar's floor.
    Xanathol likes this.
  9. Triconix Augur

Same argument can be made with TBL right now. Also, you can say that Luclin was horribly incomplete and yet still make it high up on high top everquest expansions.

Old models suck. There I said it.
    Xanathol and Skuz like this.
  10. Password1234 Augur

Neither are good. You can at least say that the old models have a certain charm to them, whereas I don't know what you can say about the Luclin models.
  11. Triconix Augur

T
    They at least look somewhat modern and fit the better graphics of current EQ. The old models are just blocky, horribly pixelated messes as if I'm playing super nintendo on an 8k TV.
    Xanathol and Skuz like this.
  12. kizant Augur

The correct models have loads of character and style and charm. They did an amazing job with limited tools. Everything about the new models is awkward and ugly. They look deformed and move in the weirdest way. The higher detail just magnifies their problems.
  13. Cidran Augur

Couldn't agree more. I lost count on how many times I tried to turn on the new models and enjoy them, some are pretty good… But you just can't compare them to the old ones, really don't care if they look blocky or out of place in modern EQ.
  14. Triconix Augur

I disagree so I'll leave it there. I must see old blocks models with none of that character you refer to. How can you even see that charm? They are just pixelated junk. Also, I don't know what you mean by the awkwardness of the new models. They move a lot better than the old models. Also, do the old models have working arms? They are always stuck in a 90 degree angle.
    Xanathol likes this.
  15. Password1234 Augur

Not sure what you mean by "pixelated." Blocky and don't fit the modern graphics, sure, but they don't render like a Metal Gear Solid cutscene on the PS1 or put the game in Build engine mode.

The animations are what turned me off of them in the first place. After a week of seeing a flying kick that looked like somebody grabbing an action figure by the head and swinging its feet up in the air and back I was done. The goofy windup before one handed attacks and the windmill swimming didn't help either. I distinctly remember telling someone a few weeks into Luclin that "they look ok until they start moving."

Maybe they've done some work on them since then, but Luclin had a bunch of unfinished zones and it's clear that some of the animations weren't finished on launch either. They're strangely jerky. I see a Vah Shir every once in a while and cringe.
  16. kizant Augur

Here's one example. See how cool a Gnome with FBR is? Then look at the second image. :(

[IMG]

VS

[IMG]
    Duder likes this.
  17. Duder Augur

[IMG]
    kizant likes this.
  18. Nadisia Augur

Cool ?!?!
    Both are fugly cuz ... gnomes :D.

Small correction : The 1st one is UBER fugly :p

The only good old model is the dwarf one.
    And maybe the ogre one, cuz it looks like Homer Simpson after a bad trip, it's goofy and funny.

And the worst new model is the human male, by far.

But hehe, I don't care, I play exclusively dark elves (when it's available), and I use the Crown of Deceit clicky illusion H24 on everything else.
    And my only gnome character, my rogue (because I needed a gnome just for tinkering) is permanently under illusion, and dark elf most of the time.

Honestly, if I was forced to play with old models, I'd use the stick figures.

But well, It's a matter of a taste after all.
    Apples and ... bananas. ;)
  19. kizant Augur

New dark elves are acceptable but the old ones were great too. I can't think of any new model that I prefer though. I'm always in skeleton cause it's the best model in game but I do have to look at other people. :(
  20. Astral64 Augur

New models are disgusting.

The worst EQ expansions are:

1. The Broken Mirror

2. Legacy of Ykesha

3. Lost Dungeons of Norrath

4. Dragons of Norrath

5. Prophecy of Ro