Can a family of 4 play on Aradune?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mauvareen, May 13, 2020.

1. Mauvareen New Member

Hi, my husband and I played EQ independently of each other before we met and married. He started in 1999, me in 2000. Anyways, we would like to play together and also have our two sons play with us as well. Will we be allowed to play on Aradune since I was reading it is strict with its boxing rules. We, of course, would not be boxing but I am concerned that four different computers logging on from the same home IP may cause an issue. Should we just play on Rizlona? Will we have an issue on Rizlona as well? We wanted our little boys to experience the fun of EQ from the beginning with all of us as a family, really hoping this can work out.
  2. TheDohn Augur

The rule is 1 client per PC, 2 clients per human.

I suspect there will be quite a few families playing together, most of them with between 7 and 62 children.
    Lilliee, Funky, Aenvar and 11 others like this.
  3. Mauvareen New Member

Well we are not boxing, if that is what you are implying. I don't want to spend money for something my family cannot enjoy together which is why I am asking. As far as 2 clients per human, does that mean IP address or literally an account with the same persons info?
  4. aindriuc Elder

Love to see a system, where you forward in your mac address with a copy of your passport, and then they let you play.
  5. TheDohn Augur

I admit, when I woke up this morning I did not expect to have to explain what a human is, but here we are.

You are allowed to play two clients, as long as they are each on their own PC. Your husband, being a different human than you, is allowed to play two other clients, as long as they are each on two other PCs. Each child, counting as a human for these purposes despite being incomplete humans, is allowed to play two other other clients, as long as they are each on two other other PCs.
    Adrienna, Genoane, Pikallo and 6 others like this.
  6. Creedmonk Augur

Well this made me giggle - thanks!
    Gio1999 likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Yes, families can play on Aradune from the same house.

No, this post won't be very useful to show to a GM as proof of innocence when you're six-boxing on Aradune and get caught.

One idea I think would be cool is any apparent 3+ boxer just gets booted to Rizlona with a much lower burden of proof.
    Lilliee, gladiatoreq and Protocol like this.
  8. auto21 Elder

Yes, you can all play on the same internet connection - forget MAC address and IP because that just adds complication. Essentially, every in-game character requires 1 PC. There is a limit of 2 in-game chars per real person (using 2 PCs).

So for your family: 4 people, 4 PCs and 4 in-game chars!
    or 4 people could have up to 8 in-game characters using 8 PCs.

I suggest that you play 4 in-game chars with 4 PCs and DO NOT all use auto-follow. In fact when you see anyone (literally anyone) in the world - you should all jump and run in random directions independently whilst typing the prime numbers in /say
    Lostintranslation likes this.
  9. Mauvareen New Member

I'm sure your sex dolls feel the same way about you
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Pawtato Augur

I feel bad for your family.
    TheDohn and CatsPaws like this.
  11. BoatsNotes New Member

If you have concerns, playing on Rizlona should mitigate those concerns. Although what you are describing is perfectly fine for Aradune.
  12. Vetis Elder

I'll chime in and I promise not to troll.

I expect GM's will have some sort of test for players to prove they are not in fact boxing 3 or more toons. How they accomplished this on the project 99 servers a GM would appear and basically say "hey real quick just to prove you're not violating our rules, can you please demonstrate you are not in fact boxing 3+ by running a figure 8 around these 2 trees" and then you'd just run around the trees.

Or they'll likely come into a zone where you can't see they are there with /who and you can't see them because they're invisible to see invis and so on. So they will observe if people are using automated play which looks very robotic or if people are boxing more than one other toon which generally is pretty obvious as well if multiple toons appear to be either performing an action all at the exact same moment or if the boxed toons are sitting around doing nothing and every once in awhile stand and cast a spell and then sit down.

If you have 4 actual people playing one toon each, it will be very obvious this is not being boxed or automated. So you will be 100% okay if a GM comes to check on you.

That is my hypothetical expectation and I think you will be safe to do so, I say go for it.

I hope this helps.
  13. Fraggly Augur

Your family can play on Aradune according to the rules, however you should be prepared for the same sour trolls in this forum to spam /report you guys. It won't matter what you say or do, people will just claim you are lowlife boxer and close their eyes to anything proving them wrong. The response you have gotten from these folks here on the forums should tell you all you need to know about the community that will be on Aradune in regards to anyone claiming they play with their family.

Be careful dealing with the "no box" fanatics out there.

"Families with 7 to 62 children" :D

Best of luck!
    Lionari likes this.
  14. Karanthal Augur

I'm having 3-6 more children in time for launch. Obviously they wont be able to respond to GM tells until they learn to read.
    Aenvar, Animosity, Gio1999 and 2 others like this.
  15. wade_watts Augur

If they are enforcing the boxing limit based on who is /follow, it's going to be incredibly hilarious!! I can't wait!
  16. Kobra Augur

The Qur'an permits a man to have up to 4 wives.

Can DPG discriminate based on my religion?
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can get banned for other things much easier on TLP than Live. And with that attitude it will happen.

You seem very defensive when people have made responses to YOUR inquiry and some of them were meant to be humerus but you in turn have slammed them using cuss words and references to sex toys.
    Aenvar, Gio1999 and Skuz like this.
  18. Hinastorm86 Augur

Truebox detects more than 1 client running on a computer.

The only way IP addresses come into the equation is truebox also detects if keys are being pressed at the same time, on the same connection. This is to prevent using programs that broadcast keys to your other accounts.

So hypothetically, if both you are your husband are hitting keys rapidly at the same time, you might all get disconnected. There seems to be some leeway on this, i'm sure more experienced trueboxers would answer this better.

There are some threads floating around the forum about the difficulty of housemates playing on the same connection on a truebox server if you want to google them.

(personal opinion time) Truebox sucks, it's annoying as hell to deal with for legit players, and the cheaters just get around it. I suggest considering Rizlona, so you don't have to deal with the headache. Rizlona will be less crowded but still plenty populated.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Enjoy your vacation.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Ignore these trolls. Your family should be fine playing on Aradune.