Where is our necro DoT revamp????

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hadesborne, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Tappin Augur

The end result, over time, is going to be the same or less dps than you have now, but without the ability to stack dots. And the dot problem will still exist... because the only real solution is to increase the buff slots.
  2. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Wait until you see our first raid post patch Szilent, I can't even test properly on test because I'm absolutely evaporating the strongest dummies
    Kuvani, Rolaque, Pawtato and 5 others like this.
  3. sauron3030 Elder

At least necros will come a little closer to druid dot dps
    RPoo likes this.
  4. Forcallen Augur

You guys clearly don't understand necromancers. Take the vocal necromancers word for it its going to be nuts and immediately followed by massive nerfs.

The problem isn't that he revamped our best dot its that he revamped our best dot AND then made a bunch of other dots that were never used or that only had one version used also have giant increases.
    Ravanta Suffer and Volgare like this.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Necros were overpowered before the revamp.

Necros will be massively overpowered after initial patch.

Then changes will happen. Maybe after we'll see some understanding/movement on some of the long standing issues that have plagued EQ recently concerning casters, and more specifically direct damage from casters.

I know as a raiding wizard main, I'm not going to get anything addressed for my class/concerns until this revamp of necros goes through and gets somewhat tuned. So let's rip the band aid off and get to work.

If necros want to help speed the process, we'll see some dot rotation parses posted with suggestions on how to tweak. I suspect that won't happen much given recent history of necros posting here, but I can always be surprised.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

And the ironic thing is not a single raiding nec will post their parses of they are more op then they are right now after the revamp.. hah
  7. Repthor Augur

good news is that if necros become to powerful then we just add more Crippling Glare debuffs to fix it
    Cailen, Celephane, Metanis and 2 others like this.
  8. Tolzol Augur

Nah I’m pretty sure necros will dethrone druids as the top dps with this change lol
    RPoo likes this.
  9. Nadisia Augur

After the revamp, necros :
    * will do crap dps.
    * for the 1st time in their history, will be OOM (5 times mana cost ? :D)

But just in case :

[IMG]
    Cailen and Metanis like this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

And when someone does post a parse they will be blamed for a DoT nerf that DPG had planned on making since April or something.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

The explanation for why balancing the necro DoT revamp took years:
    [IMG]

What actually happened
    [IMG]

Devs, you could probably just ask Scornfire or any other top necro for what to put into the spell values.
    Ravanta Suffer and Pawtato like this.
  12. Triconix Augur

13. Scrap Overseer New Member

Well Test is down so I'm guessing they're fixing (nerfing) the entire Necro Dot "fix"
  14. Forcallen Augur

Public parses only feed trolls. The details of what, why and how have been discussed for 4+ years. The necro community created multiple suggestions of how to handle the dot revamps for everyone but especially for necromancers. He hasn't listened or considered it at all and I say this based on the same mistakes being repeated over and over and again now with necros. Soon to come are the clumsy stupid nerfs that follow, breaking how the class is played when it all could have been avoided if he had just listened.

Aristo has had 4+ years of solid information being shared with him regarding dot revamps. Myself and various others have PM'd him, had back and forths in 4 different beta's regarding dot tuning and future changes, we have posted in 50 different dot revamp threads and the original dot change thread. It has all been for naught when the same mistakes are just being repeated again.
  15. seber Augur

I it that 12sec dots still nef on raids any one know ???
  16. Metanis Bad Company

eqgamer, Nadisia and Tucoh like this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That got removed from the shaman dots as part of the revamp.
  18. ---Xislaben--- Augur

19. Zaknaffein Augur

I'll still outpars necros.
    Zataos likes this.
  20. Lyyr Lorekeeper

well I look forward to using spells I never used to bother with, also going to be letting go of my older type 3 spell focus augs. Interesting changes.