Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Winnowyl, May 6, 2020.

1. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Kill alarans in epicenter, they are all light blue. I got a brand new alt his max tear in 3 weeks by doing the pillar quests twice per day and then killing in-between that if I had the willpower. Save your tablets as much as possible. You're welcome!
    Sokki likes this.
  2. p2aa Augur

The current way of leveling tear is perfectly fine. Put the effort to lvl it and not having it on easy mode buying it on overseer vendor. I think I finished it when being lvl 110 by only doing missions and converting the fragments into tear level. I didn't bother about mass killing alarans.
  3. lockjaws Augur

So I heard that on the test server there are fragment rewards for SL/HoF quests. This doesn't really make up for them not dropping on the thousands of Alarans that are in existence below level 100, but hey, it's something I guess.
  4. svann Augur

I think thats just going to piss off the people that wanted it to be grind not quest.
  5. Krool Lorekeeper

From Test: “ Added a Fragment of Legendary Alaran History as a reward for some Shards Landing and Heart of Fear quests and missions.”

Thanks devs!!!
    Jennre, Kaenneth and Fanra like this.
  6. lockjaws Augur

I wonder if these will be backlogged rewards from 8 years ago.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Players suggested some additional quests, they added some to RoF era stuff which keeps them in era with the Alarans found in that expansion.

It's an improvement at least.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Uh, no.
  9. lockjaws Augur

So folks who have done RoF quests, and are 115, are still just as screwed?
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

There are extremely few quests in modern EQ that are not repeatable, I think we'll be fine from this particular standpoint.
  11. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You know you can redo most of the quests and all the missions right?

I'd wait and see what quests/missions have the added reward before making any quick judgements.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  12. Riou EQResource

https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=120367

I couldn't check the like 5 or so quests that were No Repeat, but there is a couple on that list that are easier then the Pillars ones, plus most of them are in open areas with easier travel too then going up and down stair cases and such, so basically the pillars tasks are dead unless you want to do all 15 in 6 hours
    Jennre, Fanra, Krool and 2 others like this.
  13. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Thanks for the fine work Riou.

Yeah, that list is much better than I would have expected. If things stay the same, really should cut down on any complaints about higher level Alarans being available. Thank you squeaky wheel folks.
    Riou likes this.