It took xx seconds to load your characters - all accounts/servers

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Napharious, May 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Napharious New Member

So.. played on the Rathe last night no problem.
    Go do log in today...
    It took xx seconds to load your characters. It is possible one or more characters failed to load.
    Game freezes at that point.
    Ironically, this is happening on all of my accounts and as far as I can tell all the servers.

What gives? I literally just got my internet hardwired today. Spent hours running the cables, installing the outlets. Got 210mb/55mb down/up from 10mb/500kbs down/up and ... sadness ensues.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

How are you logging in to the game? Are you bypassing the launcher?
  3. Napharious New Member

Tried to bypass it but that did not work either.

Also tried reseting some things to default. Going to backup/blow away some UI/Char files and see if that helps.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

The internet is really clogged right now. Is that the cause. I don't know, but I would like to know. I have had characters die several times over the last few weeks due to extreme lag. TBH I don't know if the two issues are even related but it is becoming bothersome.
  5. lockjaws Augur

Oh boy, can hardly wait for those server mergers! It's somehow definitely going to make lag and connectivity much superior!
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

7. Sachi New Member

Thank you Nennius,

I find this very shady. No alerts, no warnings, and no labels. A new player like me would have to sort through the last few months of news articles to find out I wouldn't be allowed to play my characters. Well thanks Daybreak for pissing me off something fierce. You ain't getting a Dollar from me now!
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hopefully you have $14.99 left after spending all that money for your internet. ;)
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I think you confused OP with one of the other comments .
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Nope not me
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Ahh, I see. All caught up now. :)
  12. Reapsouls New Member

not sure if you tried this i had this problem for last 2 days after getting mad a few times i went and checked over my pc and found that my motherboard had a update after install new drivers i was able to log into game again hope this helps
  13. Yara_AB Augur

while this is very much off-topic for this thread, still:

It was very much "in your face" on the launchpad that TLP servers are "free" for a limited time only. (so - as much as I am sorry about - it was your fault ignoring the big letters and numbers telling you that, every time you started the game - not the fault of DPG).

There are plenty of other free servers out there you can play on without paying a dime.
    So please don't fret - you could "test" Mangler for 4 weeks (1 week for you though - but then you are not losing much in regards to progress anyways) for free and can now make an educated decision on what character to play on any other server.

Or if you liked it on Mangler - why not got ahead and pay for that subscription? The "one year" rates ae quite a bargain.

Because of "no warnings": the FIRST slide directly after logging in on the patcher:

[IMG]
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

This thread is also locked since it's been clarified for the OP.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.