ToFS Raid 1 Difficulty / Mechanics concerns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Apr 15, 2020.

1. enclee Augur

I already answered your question with a homework assignment for you.
  2. Triconix Augur

Except it doesn't. For the sake of easiness, let's say I'm in a raid and we hit our cap on Shades and got 0 Skeletons/Drolvargs. Heart is now at 40%. That means prior to killing a restless, the minimum amount of mobs we needed before Heart was attackable was 15. Kill a restless skeleton, heal the Heart 4%. Our minimum now goes from 15 --> 17. Again, with all this horrible RNG going on, how is now requiring TWO MORE SPECIFIC mobs not going to increased the amount of time needed before the Heart is attackable? The two mobs needed to bring it back to 40% would've brought it to 36%.

Do you finally get it? Go do some homework and figure that out and get back to me.
    Marquele likes this.
  3. Axxius Augur

My bad, I forgot the other kind of bad RNG: when you have ONLY non-restless mobs up. However, in your video you always had some restless to kill, didn't you?

We got that other bad RNG tonight when we had zero restless up, for minutes at a time. That was painful. And it's a direct consequence of the patch. Before it, we would insta-kill the non-restless and force a respawn. If it was non-restless again - just kill it until you get a restless. But you can't do that anymore, not without a price.

We had that last week: 17 restless specters, the last 2 didn't count. Tons of non-restless room spawns. We killed 1 non-restless and thus needed 16 restless room spawns. The last of them spawned less than 1 min before enrage. We didn't ignore any restless. They died quickly enough and most of the time non-restless spawned in their place. We are not doing anything differently from you, or ROI, or anybody else who streams. Except being lower DPS than ROI.

That's why I was hoping to see you get the same kind of RNG as we've had for the last 2 weeks. But you only had that on your 1st run out of 3 (the wipe) and blamed it on not playing well. Sooner or later you will encounter that situation.
    Thunderkiks, Azamar and Yinla like this.
  4. Marquele Scholar

I'd love to watch a stream of this terrible RNG.
    Whulfgar and Maedhros like this.
  5. Telepathically New Member

Okay... Sense the update, we have not been able to beat Tower 1... i don't know why it was change. It was actually a challenge all ready in my opinion, is there any update if there going to fix.
  6. Maedhros High King

Who is "we"? Context and data often help :p
    Whulfgar likes this.
  7. kookoo Augur

same thing for us, we are not even close.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Taking your example, you hit your limit of 15 shades so you can no longer lower the heart by killing shades. You end up having to kill 3 more shades before you get the 15 skeletons/drolvargs you need, those 3 shades are of 0 value but add to your time. Now if you would of killed 3 non-restless shades earlier, you would of still killed those 3 shades that were of no value before but now they bring you back to where you would of been anyways. Therefore, you would of killed non-restless and still finished with the same amount of kills.
  9. Rowanoak Elder

This thread is becoming beyond ridiculous, this raid could not be simpler, If youre hitting enrage you are killing the non restless mobs, Or youre not utilizing your dps on the restless mobs, Or your people are dying because you aren't clearing stacks properly, Check logs for non restless deaths, they don't have many hp can die easily from riposte if tanks aren't careful, Theres nothing else
    Maedhros likes this.
  10. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I'll refer you to the best RL comparison of the event I've seen in this thread.

You may get lucky and it only takes 10 coin flips to get 5 of each or you could get unlucky and it takes 15-20 coin flips to get 5 of each. Now envision the coin flips as the amount of restless mobs you have to kill. Ignoring all the other factors (Killing Non-Restless, DPS, deaths) one person's results will vastly differ from the next persons results.
    Axxius, svann and Yinla like this.
  11. Lianeb Augur

We had 6 Restless Shades spawn on our last run, only 6. Seems like terrible RNG, in fact the hallway I was designated to tank in got a 13-5 non-restless/restless spawn rate
    We beat it right at enrage. We also killed 3-4 non restless mobs.

And whoever said they were standing around for minutes at a time waiting on Restless is full of it. The event resets if there are no restless mobs (not counting shades) on agro even if you have non-restless on agro after about 30s
    feeltheburn and Whulfgar like this.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Well honestly.. myself an dell tank the center west hallway.. and it seems the NW hallway has two hallways gets the majority of the excitement.

In the west hallway (as opposed to nw and sw hallways) ive gone up to a couple minutes where not a single thing spawns in that hallway.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Usually in that event i typically see 2 spawns at a time when they do come tho..
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If one of the top guild serverwide is nearly at the enraged timer when they beat it, how are the less able guilds supposed to do this now?

Not looked at it since the last changes, been a wee bit busy learning Velks......thats one long raid! Looks like this one is on the cards for tonight and I'm not looking forward to it.
  15. Rowanoak Elder

He said himself, They killed 3-4 non restless, and still had time before enrage with bad RNG on shades. Im sorry youre not doing this correctly. Its beyond easy to not kill the non restless mobs. Again I say, there is DPS not being used on restless mobs (check positioning), And make your tanks not kill the non-restless, really doesn't get easier, theres no mechanics trying to stop you from doing the right thing, you just have to do the bare basics to beat this event
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did this tonight and noticed we only had 1 shade up for around 20 seconds, nothing at all in the rooms, no restless nor non restless, unless they are untrackable, not sure what it checks before spawning more.

Also started initially with no shades at all so the centre had to help the side rooms while they waited for a shade to appear. :rolleyes:
  17. Lianeb Augur

Almost 15min on the button for us last go.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  18. Syylke_EMarr Augur

There's still no guaranteed way to trigger the despawn of a non-restless mob? I've stared at non-restless mobs for over 5 minutes while they beat on me. Such an amazing mechanic. Real props to whoever designed it.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

That sunds wrong.. or hyperbowl ish..

Tho granted if your stun locking them.. from what ive herd SV pallies said that extends their up time..

So dont stun lock them and they despawn in less then 30 seconds ?
  20. svann Augur

Probably not stun locked if they are beating on him.