Where is our necro DoT revamp????

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hadesborne, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Foanddi Apprentice

I just want to ask a question since the topic of dots are here... when the are Berserkers gonna get a set of hot dots to use?!?!?!?!? We very much deserve this change due to DPS being our ONLY profession and need to be at the top of the food chain in damage in every way...
  2. GoneFission Augur

<Developer loads up patch with necro dot revamp >

“Here it comes, Khan.”
  3. seber Augur

Developer loads up patch with necro dot revamp

hell yea --------------------------
  4. Daedly Augur

Pass
  5. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Let's hear him out. I'm seeing some magic axe juggling thing encircling the mob(s) which, of course, they can juggle them while wielding two hand weapons, it's magic silly.
  6. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Your instant cast dot tics once every 60s and is always paired with Braxi's Howl!
    Tucoh likes this.
  7. Rekreant New Member

Can we get confirmation that the dot revamp will affect TLPs?
  8. Beergoggles Elder

Personally I would like to see some combination dots added for necros and/or possibly reduced base casting times. This would help ramp up in raids somewhat but you still have to wait for dots to burn anyway, but would help quite a bit in group game. Yes the aa change helped necros in groups quite a bit but in any group with decent dps it's tough to come close to competing.
  9. Paravar Journeyman

Bump

Any word on the Necro update and if it will be slid in with the server consolidation? Not that anything could possibly go wrong...
  10. Marton Augur

I hope they forgot about it.
    Evurkvest and Scornfire like this.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I hope they fix it soon!
    Im not a necro, but the 2 problems I hear about the most, is buff-lock on raids, and that a solution for the epic2-effect is needed.
    Solliane likes this.
  12. Magickon Augur

The 2.5 is no problem. It works great. Some necromancers complain about the lack of stats for their magelo profiles so they keep insisting they want it turned into an augment.

But some people dip their chips in mayo.

The devs had their chance to phase the 2.5 out several times, and they never did. That topic has been beaten into the ground so even bringing it up again just feels dirty.
    Miminona and Solliane like this.
  13. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Zerkers have a dot …. Blood Brand … lvl 98 … its was a POS back then and the line thankfully died.
  14. Evurkvest Augur

Since ppl seem to be rooting for a dot revamp even after the enhanced decay/lingering death change not too long ago. What positive effects are you expecting from the revamp? How do you think it will affect grp and raid play in a positive manner?
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

As I understand it the main change expected is that much fewer dots will be able to be used reducing the number of buff slots each Necromancer needs to hit their dps potential.

So dots on the same line won't be stack-able with each other but the overall power of the dot they will have after the revamp will do that combined damage for the combined mana usage (& expected is the mana cost will have a premium cost on top rather than a straight added up total cost of the consolidated dots).

Those changes should also mean Necromancers aren't also required to swap almost entire spell-gem load-outs in the process of applying their dot line-up so it should simplify the overly-complex current Necromancer play-style some.
    Solliane likes this.
  16. Evurkvest Augur

What makes you think that necros will not make use of all the available dot lines after the revamp?
  17. Szilent Augur

The dream is that "all the available" isn't still 20. Substantial discussion has gone on here on the Daybreak forums as to what that may entail.
    kizant and Solliane like this.
  18. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Who's dream?
    Kuvani, Evurkvest and MyShadower like this.
  19. Swiss Augur

Is the fear from necros just dps loss or playstyle change?

Debuff locked raid bosses isn't good for anyone and being the only class not changed would also mean your old dots that take up slots aren't always the top damage per slot available.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't think you've understood what I posted.