Aradune & Rizlona Launch Date! - May 27

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Vlahkmaak Augur

EQ1 will run just fine on a total crapper lap top. Go to your nearest land fill and rummage through the electronic junk and you will probably be gtg. Set it up on a TV dinner stand right next to you so you can reach over with your off hand and hit your 1,2,3 hot key macros real fast for heal target, Assist and dps target, follow target, accept invite etc. Ok; Don't go to the land fill but seriously - cheap crapper lap tops are not hard to come by. Check any buy/sell/trade page for your local community. Boxing is pretty fun when you are not in a real group and want to accomplish more with less med time. Just think of all that extra free (minus subscription) bag and bank space just for you :)

Seriously though Dark Paw - multiple screens are going to waste :(
    lockjaws likes this.
  2. delenia New Member

So I got a question about aradune. how is 2 boxing going to be handed in houses that have 2-3 people playing that all box?
  3. delenia New Member

where does it state you have to run2
  4. Vlahkmaak Augur

Right in the description of the server. Truebox rules = 1 active toon per "box." That they do not seem to enforce it on other servers is not my problem. Perhaps the active GM on Aradune will enforce it. Either way you are free to box or not in what ever fashion you choose. I will choose to run two machines.
  5. elrox New Member

USB numpad ftw.
    lockjaws, Vlahkmaak and Pelrond like this.
  6. Vlahkmaak Augur

That is a whole nuther $10.00 though :)
  7. Tucoh Augur

My opinion is that GMs should patrol Aradune and if they have a strong reason to believe they're 3+ boxing, move them to Rizlona. Lots of these mythical boxing families would get this and frankly that's OK.
    lockjaws likes this.
  8. EQ_Addict New Member

Ok, so Aradune you can only play one character per computer....and Rizlona you can play any number of characters (one per account)??

So, if I wanted to play 2 characters from the same computer with 2 accounts I could only do that on Rizlona??
  9. Arctodus Elder

I am currently on Mangler and have enjoyed my time here so far. With anticipation for Aradune I was looking forward to a TLP that had never been done before, something new. What I would like see done is all race/class combos unlock starting at Classic, meaning Gnome SK, Beastlords, Beserkers, etc.are open from the start. Also, if they are going to lock the server lock it at OoW. What I would find neat is only 2 characters per account and I thought they said they were going to allow 2 accounts to be boxed?
    My last request would be remove the ability to awaken the Sleeper and stop the removal of items from the game or changed to their nerf versions. Anywho, that is what I would like to see.
  10. Thalliius Augur

Reason people leave for new TLP at Classic is, I would bet, heavily influenced by krono farmers who just have a script they follow with every new release to make money and pay their rent. I feel for those people when this is no longer a viable means of income for them, wtf are they going to do? Put on their resume they played video games every day for the last 5+ years?
  11. Thalliius Augur

You'd probably get less people to quit at PoP if you removed some of the flagging bottlenecks.. The flagging system in PoP is atrocious, and really burns you out. One mistake, or 1 missed raid and you're behind the rest of your guild.. and you need that progression in order to make it to the elemental planes, which are really the only zones worth hunting in
    Tucoh likes this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

re: the post you made here:
    In case Dreamweaver clarifies that it's Aradune: 1 person, 1 computer, 2 characters and not 2 computers, I just got my laptop today to box on Aradune, anyone interested in a used laptop? :|
  13. dreamweaver Community Manager

Nope it's still 1 character per computer, 2 characters max.
    Tucoh likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will we be able to create our char before launch day? So the servers don't get hammered at launch, we did this on some of the early TLPs.
  15. Rekreant New Member

You dont need any of the backflags, you just go with your raid to the elemental bosses / time for backflag, and voila! You are keyed to all the zones that matter.

16. Barton The Mischievous

Good question.
    It would be nice if we could
  17. Lurka New Member

Since its max 2 characters you know most people will be buying a second hand pc or laptop to box on.

If you are happy for people to two box why not make it doable on one machine?

Does daybreak not care about the environment or future of the planet?

All these extra laptops / pcs, the power to run them. The heat generated into the house causing extra use of aircon. Surely the company has some responsibility to help reduce these external factors?

I'm sure it would do us all a favour in regards to making our desks look cleaner only needing one pc etc.
  18. Pawtato Augur

There’s only like 10 of you.
  19. #NoCheating New Member

To make sure ppl are not playing more than 2 characters, pretending a family member is playing another set, can you remove the auto follow on Aradune. It certainly should be challenging to have 6 toons running with 2 hands lol.
    WeezFv likes this.
  20. Alakshak Journeyman

That would work if it weren't for the fact the most commonly used boxing software does not use normal /follow. All that does is hurt normal people AFKing and trueboxers going over the limit.