PoK Lag Pile

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Siraj, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Password1234 Augur

I've been getting pretty bad lag on Xegony today in PoK. I was doing tradeskills on the opposite side of the zone all day, and once the lag pile became more active the auto-combines basically stopped working. It took about 15 seconds to zone into the guild lobby, where all of the lag issues completely disappeared.
    Ronove likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

We are getting a lot more lag overall I guess do to all the folks home during the pandemic. Tell lag is pretty much a constant for me these days no matter what zone I am in.
    Ronove likes this.
  3. Password1234 Augur

I have noticed it overall, but PoK is noticeably worse than every other zone for me. Checking the bazaar can take up to 10 seconds in PoK, but if I go one zone over it's completely fine.
  4. svann Augur

Some characters havent been played in years. This is attempting to prevent an unused character from getting priority over a played character.
  5. Geminias New Member

I think auto-logging characters after an hour or two would be fine and help a great deal.

But I also think that part of the problem is where the portal into PoK sits since it's right infront of the guild where the average player is going to travel regularly.

You shouldn't have to fight the lag wall to get to Teek.
    Duder and Dre. like this.
  6. Dre. Altoholic

I was thinking more like 10 minutes and it auto-camps you if you haven't moved. Probably be a good thing for a lot of other areas or aspects of the game, also.
    Fenthen and Duder like this.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

10 minutes dang, with cell phones now people need at least 45 mins to an hour for a bio, well at least its that way at work.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Siraj Lorekeeper

That's because Xegony is on a different server than Bristlebane lol
    Duder likes this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Xegony IS a server. You meant to say Xegony is a server and Bristlebane is a different server but since that was obvious when I made my comment I am a bit confused as to why you are bringing it up? :)

Btw good necroing a six month old thread for that! :)
    Nennius and CatsPaws like this.
  10. Iven Antonius Bayle

Exactly, because they still produce lag and increase the zone loading time with hidden models. 15 min is very harsh, but 1 hour should be ok. There are always bunches of PCs that are there totally inactive for weeks. Maybe the players behind them died ??? ..... :eek: