Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Winnowyl, May 6, 2020.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

So, these will not drop off of any green or grey cons. Which means if you're current level, you have a tiiiiiiny chance of being able to get any outside of doing those horribad missions in Pillars of Alra. Please, remove the TLC on them, and let us farm the grey and green cons to get these stupid things. If I'd know that the TLC was in place for these, I totally would have farmed em up before maxing my level.
    lockjaws, Sancus, Weetea and 5 others like this.
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Just do the missions, its faster anyways. Get 3-4 per toon every couple hrs. Thats faster than mass slaying zones for 1-2 an hour back a few expansions.

I vote to leave them alone! You want it, work for it!
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Fragment of Legendary Alaran History would be perfect as a Overseer reward or an item on the Overseer merchant (set at a reasonable price).
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah this is a very popular suggestion.

I grinded it out in Shard's Landing's underground city while levelling alts to make it slightly more productive & probably equipped half the server's alts with Stone of the Landing in the process, horrible gameplay even after the xp required was halved or so, 2-6 fragments per 8 hour session was what I saw.

I honestly wouldn't recommend bothering with it, its grind is that bad, but overseer is a great suggestion to make this somewhat more bearable.
    lockjaws and Duder like this.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This has been nixed and will not happen. The team wants this to continue to be a combat/mission grind.
  6. Pawtato Augur

But you have the mobs flagged to discourage grinding...
    lockjaws and Yinla like this.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

that's why I have the "/mission" in my comment.
  8. Pawtato Augur

At least make both paths viable. Show your player base a little respect, because people aren’t going to remember that these mobs are coded to not drop the item.
    lockjaws and Yinla like this.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

He is showing the player base respect. Those that did the work when the mobs yielded experience received the prestige of this item.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  10. svann Augur

I always thought missions were the way to go. 5 frags in an hour and a half then go do something else for a while. And that was at 105, moloing for the most part except i had a rogue alt step in to help on the sneaky mission. Take you more days, but fewer hours.
  11. Pawtato Augur

Great, but now you have to address current issues. So, you’re fine that they use a hidden flag on mobs to not drop the fragment? It’s the issue with it. There’s no in-game information that would yield that conclusion. It got posted on the bug forums, and the response was just RNG until a dev went and explained it. I doubt there’s going to be many people that even know that now.

Props to Prathun for always laying out how things work. Dude, is really good at what he does.
  12. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

And those of us who weren't around then get screwed? How is that respecting ALL the players?
    svann likes this.
  13. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Not everyone enjoys the missions or wants anything to do with them. I'd rather mass slaughter grind in a zone than be forced to churn missions. Let ToV be ToV and older content be older (grindable) content.
    Winnowyl, dreadlord and Micaiah like this.
  14. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I've been playing this game since 2001 and had no idea that certain mobs were coded to not drop things if you were too high level... literally NOTHING in the game has been that way, so the fact that something is now is ridiculous. And as you pointed out, most players aren't going to know that this is the case... a few random comments on forums that like 4% of the active players visit is grossly insufficient.
    dreadlord and Micaiah like this.
  15. Thunderkiks Augur

Well they did give us that pay free heroics. Time for me to make another character!!
  16. Pawtato Augur

In regards to Fragment of Legendary Alaran History,

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-from-green-or-gray-cons.262911/#post-3888409

"This is not a bug and is working as intended. These will not drop from green or grey con NPCs."
    -Ngreth Thergn (April 6th, 2020)

This is pretty dishonest towards players. No one would think that the system would be designed or capable of this, and just conclude it's bad RNG. People are just going to waste their time, but that's intended...

Unfortunately, there's a lot of obscure information that's found throughout random threads that are eventually lost and forgotten.
    Yinla and dreadlord like this.
  17. Nadisia Augur

So, is there any option for a 115 character to get some of these fragments?
    Just make a 85+ alt on a 2nd account, group up, and run missions? That's all?
  18. Nylrem Augur

I can understand 1 reason why this is the case, for these:

A single level 115 toon could wipe out all the Alarans in a whole zone, when farming for fragments nowadays (and likely would get way more than 1-2 frags an hour).

This could cause a pretty severe interruption for others that wanted to complete these things at 'level appropriate' times... Or for any other toon wanting to work on collecting fragments in that zone.

Kind of like what happens nowadays for many other drops that aren't level restricted for drops...

/sarcasm on

I think the answer is to just make all drops except platinum only drop if mobs are light blue to red con, for all toons in a group. That way, everyone would have a HUGE variety of levels of toons, and many accounts to accommodate the requisite number and variety of toons for farming stuff. Returning players could find groups while leveling up with toons farming drops they wanted. Lower level toons of returning players could gain a big advantage, selling lower level tradeskill stuff to people working on 300+ TSing. Old raid bosses wouldn't be permacamped. There would be a HUGE advantages to making this the thing for ALL DROPS!

I'm sure everyone would agree, this is the best option for ALL dropped items in game, and nobody would disagree and believe this is prejudicial to higher level toons.

/sarcasm off

Seriously though, it's very irritating that a lower level toon has MORE options than a higher level toon, to acquire these fragments.
  19. Ninelder Augur

Update a "shroud" to make it viable for grinders to be able to grind them.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Micaiah New Member

I have been killing Alaran's for at least 5 hours since reaching 115 and wondered how bad my luck could possibly be for the tablet to never drop. Are these threads the way to find information like that?