Wood Elf Beastlords...What a Waste

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pawtato, May 6, 2020.

1. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

when was the last time you saw a troll or ogar female anything tho =P
  2. Cadira Augur

Due to the constant overwhelmingly high voiced desire for iksar berserker over the years and ....well virtually 0 anecdotes for desire of we bl, it would seem obvious to anyone with a brain that the vote was rigged.

Change my mind.
    Raptorjesus5, Yimin, Skuz and 4 others like this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I don't think it was rigged as Iksar Berserkers and others probably fit better lorewise.

What probably happened is that the Wood Elf Beastlord became the "anti-Drizzt" (Dark Elf Ranger) vote. The Dark Elf Ranger folks were spamming the boards and people may have seen Wood Elf Beastlord as the "lesser of two evils" in terms of lore-breaking change.

At the time of the voting, I believe no one knew the Wood Elf Beastlord would receive a treant warder. (Roshen - community manager at the time - may have confirmed it in the final round). I suspect most people had hoped that their warder would be a Fae drixie or a drake.
    Wyre Wintermute and Whoops like this.
  4. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

The treant mob model would be a better druid pet. And druids could have an equivalent to a necro pet ( or at least a shaman pet). An updated and more refined version of a bear model (not round blobs), or wolf could have been the wood-elf beast-lord pets.
    minimind likes this.
  5. code-zero Augur

I have never seen the cold blooded Iksar as being suitable as a hot blooded Berserker. Monk fits just fine though
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. FawnTemplar Augur

Lets think about the lore here, who the heck wants to listen to the songs that a Inny worshiper is gonna sing?

Also, I have a WE BST.
  7. Duder Augur

Abomination!
    Pawtato likes this.
  8. GoneFission Augur

I played Black Sabbath at 78 speed, man!
    Whoops, Duder and Pawtato like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Except that the game cannot hold any more player races or player classes unless they changed some very ancient core code.

There was a post elsewhere that basically stated the player race & class registers bit size was 2 & as 1 bit = 8 bytes maximum races & classes are both 16 apiece.

Changing that could possibly break the game altogether so it's probably never going to happen.

So new combinations of the existing races & classes is about the best we can ever hope for in EQ.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Except that they fit right into EQ lore as there are weapons named after them & NPCs named as such right there in Ruins of Kunark, cold blood obviously doesn't mean you can't get angry.

I think the "Drizzt Do'Urden" Dark-Elf Ranger hate was seriously overblown & sad to be honest.

Aside from Iksar Berserker I liked the Dwarf Shadowknight:

Dwarves having an underground city/nature would that have meant the Shadowknights were banished/exiled to the "above" and in opposition to all other Dark Classes of light or neutral races instead of having an underground entrance had a camp out in the sunshine...kinda liked that idea, could've had their Class NPC's all on the beach with hankies on their heads & red knees, and a few on deck-chairs - such a missed opportunity to riff on surly Northern-British stereotypes.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And Lo! Thrash-Metal was born.
    Whoops likes this.
  12. Questoften32 Augur

I wanted one badly leveled it to high, but could not stand the bonzi tree ''clearly a potted plant and not a beast warder ''elemental''. I bought the white wolf pet wand but it had to keep wearing off or that would have solved the problem for me and would have been more than happy ''or a white sabertooth, or if a tree why not a brownie? at least closer.

No cost. no to little dev time, total solution for greatness and ultimate winning:
    Why cant the white wolf be permanent? If so I would remake her in a heartbeat. Or:

1:Just let player choose Brownie, or actually a beast based on pet wands from a drop down! ''duration permanent'', no coding'' At least something from faydark.

2. let them start at there own home city and just do 're-named rouge newbe armor quests! Just change the words with a flag and rename the armor, easy! both leather! Same quest! Just change words! QED

"Copy paste hotfix?''
  13. Whoops Augur

This. I really wanted a vicious little butterfly fae drake. Alas!
    Wyre Wintermute and Questoften32 like this.
  14. Questoften32 Augur

This! A fae something, that would be...-Taco:Super Duper!
  15. Boze TLP complaint factory

In all seriousness a persistent pet illusion AA would be super rad. Got my TDS T-Rex illusion and it will be the first item I click every time I log in or zone forever.
    Skuz and Whoops like this.
  16. Nadisia Augur

Besides code limitations (already explained by ... Beimeith iirc, in another post), yes, we do need more crossover mixes.
    Zerk iksars, maybe a dwarf SK (why gnomes and not dwarfish booze sponges ? :p), dark elves rangers and bard (real ones, not illusions), gnome monks (gniii, are you really sure for this one? Will the «deploy stepladder» be included in their discs rotation before flying kicks?)

And we need more instruments !!!
    We're in 3187 EQ time after all.

The reign of the lute is over, it's time for silly djent sticks and epic battles !!! :D

And because it's not exclusively manly stuff :

Mesmerizing, ain't it?

No /melody has been used in this piece of music, back to bard's basics :)
  17. Ninelder Augur

Druids should of gotten a wolf pet, literally every picture you can find of a druid ever made has them with a wolf. That they don't have a wolf pet is tragically .

[IMG]

The Shaman pet should of been a homonculus, they are the anti-nature class, and a homonculus is an alchemist's familiar.
    [IMG]

As for the the Wood Elf Beastlord pet, I love the little treant, I named mine Twig!

My vote for a new class race combo would be Gnome-Monk.

[IMG]
    Zamiam and Pawtato like this.
  18. Pawtato Augur

Love it, Ninelder.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

Dwarf Monk, 'nuff said.
    [IMG]
  20. Password1234 Augur

Iksar Berserker makes the most sense. There's even an item called "Iksar Berserker Club" already in-game (which it ironically would not be able to use).
    Raptorjesus5, Skuz and Pawtato like this.