Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Fraggly Augur

RIP Rizlona, so much for hoping to fire up again. Unreal to me that the boxing server would be LDoN locked. The smirk on my face when i saw they had announced the rule sets turned into a look of confusion so fast i don't even....? Maybe i am the minority in the boxing community that enjoys GoD + and if so then i concede but boy was i looking forward to goats/txevu, the 2.0/2.5 era, and beyond. The early eras are a slog outside of the truebox-reroll-each-TLP crowd, which i was hoping Rizlona wasn't meant to attract or cater to.

No: zerkers, real shaman adps buffs, AoE aggro. Enchanters perma busted AF OP required for group game....ughhh. :(

Any boxers out there, were you at least partly hoping for a box server so it would have a chance of making it post-PoP era?
    Whoops and Skuz like this.
  2. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I wanted to play post PoP.
    sauron69, Whoops, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  3. sauron69 Lorekeeper

The whole point of a boxing server is for the expansions past PoP.

They really don't have a clue.
    Whoops, Nadisia, Sythrak20 and 3 others like this.
  4. SunDrake Augur

This thread was started 6 months ago and has 38 pages.

I cannot believe the Rizlona announcement. So far off the mark. So, so far.
    Whoops and Foaming like this.
  5. Nadisia Augur

For once they do launch a non truebox TLP ... and they nip it in the bud instantly with this PoP-LDoN lock ...
    Seriously ..? where is the facepalm emote? o_O
    Whoops likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I can imagine the DPG dev team sat there saying "look at the reaction to Rizlona!"

And then sharing with each other:

7. jeskola pheerie

Where in these 38 pages are all the "Let's make this non-truebox server POP locked!" posts?
    Xenorius and Skuz like this.
  8. Ashian Augur

I admit, not much surprises me these days, but the locking plan for the server was a bit of a shock. Out of all the decisions that could have been made, I didn’t see this as a possibility.

Core to the standard “play loop” of EQ is the ability to build your character’s power and progress to the next tier of difficulty. On a server where the “play loop” is expected to stop, there is a significantly reduced incentive to invest time into your characters and essentially play the game. I understand that it takes time to develop content and at some point the development costs are not worth the return, but the content is already developed for the TLP servers. There is no ongoing development cost. To stop the “play loop” makes no sense given the playerbase isn’t asking for it.

Use live servers as an example. There are hundreds of players across the servers in the top raiding guilds (I’ve been a part of a few). Six months into each expansion, these guilds have beaten all raids and are fully geared up in the best available gear. Many people log off at that point and log back on ONLY to raid, and then log off again until the following Sunday. Why? They continue to raid in expectation that there will be additional content released in December. I’m pretty certain that if DPG were to announce that there will be no more expansions in EQ, within 48 hours they would have hundreds of canceled accounts. The motivation to invest in one’s character would be gone.

This is essentially what they are doing with introducing two locked servers. I’m truly baffled.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Fireclav New Member

i want to know what the reason for this thread was. you couldnt have possible listened to anything people wanted. so why even ask? was what you made these 2 servers into posted ANYWHERE in here? imo dont ask for the players opinion if your going to ignore it, just pisses people off.
  10. Fraggly Augur

No worries, they saved it. :cool:
    Minpire likes this.
  11. Smallhands Elder

Dreamweaver working overtime on this thread today ~
    Minpire likes this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Pretty sure it's time to lock it. Just because it isn't needed anymore.
    Fraggly, Minpire and Skuz like this.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Remove Truebox on older servers once they reach a specific expansion unlock. Seeds of Destruction when mercenaries release is a good choice.
    TheDorfUnderlord, Skuz and Zinth like this.
  14. Thorak1234 Lorekeeper

I wantede PoP-LDoN lock. I'm disappointed they reversed their decision :(
    Fraggly likes this.
  15. Fraggly Augur

Hey there, I'd be interested to know what the draw for the lock was to you. No troll. I was worried about the lock because there is no telling when another box server may come around and i personally didn't have money or free time to enjoy the game pre-PoP so i am not as fond of it. I am very much looking forward to the GoD/2.0+ era mostly just because that's where my nostalgia is.

Would PoP-LDoN have kept you entertained for at least a year after the lock?
  16. Zinth Augur

I introduce to you the AGNARR server, congratulations you got your wish fulfilled already! Now go play on it.
    HoodenShuklak and Skuz like this.
  17. Sokanist Journeyman

wanting another PoP Locked server makes no sense at all, you already have Agnarr ! ;O)

the PoP Lock itself makes it illogical for another server to have PoP Lock.
    the whole point of a PoP Lock server is to keep the server locked from ever progressing any further and thereby making it a frozen server in time.

having 2 servers Frozen in time at the very same point in time is completely illogical

if you want a server stuck in PoP... why would you ever leave than ? you are contradicting yourself LOL
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Minpire Augur

PLOT TWIST:: RIZLONA is a HONEYPOT to identify ways to patch cross client macroing!
  19. Machen New Member

Err pretty sure they know exactly how everyone will cross client macro on Rizlona. Rizlona players won't have to come up with weird stuff to get around the truebox restrictions, they can just use the same stuff everyone already uses on live.
    Stune, Skuz and Fraggly like this.
  20. Stune Augur

Thx we still have a couple weeks to decide if its worth even re subbing to the game or not. Hot and Cold changes are enough to turn you off. I also doubt 1 GM is going to be able to keep up to 5% of the issues, and instead expect us to report, record, and upload information in tickets. NAw do your own job.