Are you staying on Mangler?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, May 4, 2020.

1. Leifer Augur

I know a guy with 5 "wives" who puts together a full group every night. His cousin has 11 kids and can put together 2 groups. You are right that every single account pays a subscription fee and should be entitled to all access to all servers, but not every server appeals to every person. If, for some reason, DBG promoted a server for 65+ year-olds only - would you cry that you were not allowed to play on it?

You are probably right that it is all unenforceable so the point is moot anyway.
  2. Smallhands Elder

Aradune is going to be a hot mess with all the Witchhunters out in force reporting full groups of real people, or households with 2-3 real people each boxing 2 that are just trying to play. Then of course you'll have your large raidforce sized RMT botters that sell items, that always bypass the Truebox code to deal with. Finally, you'll have the people who stick extra boxes near other people playing to make it look like they are boxing more than allowed. Putting a hard cap on how many you can box only hurts the little people. It doesn't stop the actual RMT. Saying 'We have GM's', well... you're going to find out how well that works out real quick. I guarantee you Aradune turns into another Mangler, if it even makes it that far.

I feel sorry for any GMs that have to deal with all that. You better ask for a raise in advance. :)

The population on Rizlona will probably be a good bit higher than people think. There are a lot of 1 group boxers that play this game & don't RMT.
  3. Coffee Journeyman

I came for the free to play. Ended up subbing. So did 4 of my gaming homies. WE are going to stay here and play for a long time. We had been away for a long time and Mangler brought just the right game back to us.There is some good content coming and new servers are always toxic af. Thinking a lot of people will stick around at least til those servers get off classic anyways. Hoping the prices for gear comes down once the new servers come out.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Spayce Augur

We know exactly what Rizlona will be...a botting wasteland. If you don't play multiple toons, you probably shouldn't even bother because you'll have nobody to play with. I suspect there will be a significant number of people looking to box a group or more without needing a bunch of PCs sitting on their desk. It will probably make DPG a nice bit of cash for minimal work...their corporate strategy.

Personally, I can't wait for the Aradune drama. I expecially can't wait to see the "GM Smithelson is a member Phoenix Incendiary Ascendance, and does not take action against his guildies boxing 30+ toons". Then the OP will be banned for mentioning names, and GM Smithelson will continue to go about being paid minimum wage to be a guild member with GM powers. The fanbois and members of Phoenix Incendiary Ascendance will be on here in force defending the GM program.

It will be excellent reading for months until they pull the plug on the GM program entirely.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm on Phinny. Staying there. Did Agnarr and Coirnav when Phinny was on the awful expansions (looking at you, PoR) but not going to do the new servers.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Machen New Member

Damn straight I would if they have sold me an "all access" subscription that is supposed to give me access to every Everquest server.

If they want to make a new separate subscription service for 65+ only that gave access to 65+ only servers, that'd be a different thing.
  7. Gloxz New Member

How would they enforce 1 account per household?
  8. Magickon Augur

NToV is one of the best zones in all of everquest. Seriously. It has the best potential for guild vs. guild competition. There are so many quirks about how things play out if there are multiple guilds that all want to maximize their loots. The lure of the drama free once per week AoC pacifies many guilds...but the truly hungry players competing for ntov can cause so much fun.

There are some other noteworthy raids on TLP's that can be good sources of competition related fun, but none of them are as good as ntov.
  9. Minpire Augur

I get the feeling Some people Hate CLASSIC/KUNARK because they cant M-Q Their EPICS and buy Somewhat decent gear outright with KRONOs??? hmmm :p
  10. birisu Elder

I don't know why you would get that feeling because you can do all those things
    Thalliius likes this.
  11. Bruteforce New Member

Aradune

Agnarr

Piddle on my old original server or TEST
  12. Minpire Augur

I get this feeling because of 100s of pleas for PLZ start in Velious or 4 week KUNARK etc
  13. TLP Addict Augur

There are at least 3 guilds forming that I am aware of all intending to be the top dogs of the server.

For those that enjoy open world shenanigans it's going to be a great time, for those that don't, not so much of a great time.

For most of those NEETS it's going to be the only 3 way action they will ever see.
    Minpire likes this.
  14. Sokanist Journeyman

restarting on Aradune, not currently playing
    Minpire likes this.
  15. TheDohn Augur

The hilarity is - all of these "OMG we're the best evar" guilds are in the same timezones with mostly the same raid days. If a competent raid force setup in EU, AU, or even late PST - they'd dominate any open world spawns in those hours while everyone else had a slapfight over the EST targets.
  16. TLP Addict Augur

The only competent AU raidforce left is on live and not interested in TLP stuff.
  17. Fanelien New Member

There's still an AU TZ guild on Mangler
  18. mark Augur

why do people assume that botter A will only be on server 1 while if its really a business for them they will be on multiple servers and multiple games,every mmo i have played on you get messages from gold farmers.
  19. Vindar Augur

Don't play currently but rolling on Aradune. Mangler going to be dead soon.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Mangler will go a bit further just due to its sheer size. 65 is a good time and gates is very popular. After anguish expect the worst. Because even if you stay on the server a lot of the content is to dull to keep the masses around, coupled with virtually 0 new blood coming in.