Are you staying on Mangler?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, May 4, 2020.

1. Risiko Augur

Just curious...

What is everybody planning to do when the new servers open?
    • Stay on Mangler
    • Reroll on Aradune
    • Reroll on Rizlona
    A handful of TLPs have weathered the "new server itch" along the way with Phinigel being one of the most successful thus far. How will Mangler do?

As for myself, I plan to stay on Mangler. I can't rule out some early Aradune play just to make a few extra Krono, but beyond that, I am hoping to stay with Mangler as long as possible.

*update: I wouldn't touch Rizlona with a ten foot pole. No sir. I lived through Ragefire already once.

What about you?
  2. Machen New Member

I'll be rolling on Rizlona. Not currently playing on any server.
  3. Jaymond1037 New Member

Played on Phinny but haven’t played since. So I’ll be playing on Aradune this go around.
  4. Traktur Elder

RIP.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

• Gave up on Mangler in December.
    • Most likely going to re-roll on Aradune.
    • Not a chance in hell on the autobot server of Rizlona where M-Q2 will be the norm.
  6. Kobra Augur

Single boxer rolling on rizlona.

I like the option of boxing, but prefer not to.

I know at some point it will be practically required so I think rizlona has more long term potential.

Plus I am in a really good guild.

Check out Deconstructing Gods, we have a post in the guild recruitment forum.
  7. SoandsoForumUser Augur

I can't imagine ever wanting to do NToV again, sticking with mangler town.
    ProgressionFreak likes this.
  8. Bullsnooze Augur

Same.

Aradune all the way.
  9. Lurka New Member

reroll Aradune
  10. Silver-Crow Augur

Phinny got a really good start with it's population, as the TLP which followed was Agnarr and as you know, pop lock had limited appeal. This gave Phinny 2 years before Coirnav made it's presence felt, so the population had time to form ties, Krono was not the be all and end all, and people played EQ for fun. Yes phinny lost some to Coirnav, but it retained enough of it's population to still be clearing content in era (currently on TDS and all 3 raiding guilds have cleared this).

Coirnav only had a year before Selos/Mangler hit and the population nose dived as they went to make 'a few krono' as the original poster mentioned.

I very much expect mangler/selos to go the same way as coirnav as the 'few krono brigade' jump ship. I think the new servers will be horrible horrible places to play, as each new tlp seems more toxic than the last, but i'll wait and see. I certainly don't think people jumping are going for the content.

I recently retired from raiding on Phinny and moved to Mangler to focus more on the pug group game due to RL commitments. As long as i'm having fun on Mangler there's no real need to move. If Mangler dies... which i expect it will, then i'll probably end up going back to Phinny or move to live.

Speaking of Phinny, if you enjoy your raiding, then i heartily recommend using your free heroic toon to check the server out (there is 1 Euro and 2 x US guilds, so peak timezones are covered). There're no pugs so to speak, but the Raid guilds are absolutely solid with a great membership.

In a years time i'm pretty certain this post will be repeated... so who's jumping from Aradune/Riz to the new TLP Ratwheel server.
    Skuz and Mithra like this.
  11. SunDrake Augur

I only started on Mangler during this anniversary period, after raiding on Coirnav through GoD.

I can't imagine wanting a more restrictive server [Aradune] and not using laptops has been the dream since I came back to EQ, so: Rizlona.
  12. Garrison Journeyman

Moving from live to Rizlona. Certainly will be boxing a full team.
    Maybe 2 box on Aradune, depending on what the final ruleset is.
  13. Leifer Augur

I suspect Rizlona will have a much much lower population than Aradune, and I won't be surprised at all when Aradune has many many more boxes and bots than Rizlona has - why would you play on a lower pop server if you want to sell Krono or RMT?

A better idea for a new truebox server would have been "one account per household". (If it could be reasonably enforced). Multi-boxers (both with one PC or several PC's), family members and roommates who all play in the same household, should all have to play on the non-truebox server. Otherwise they should stay on Mangler/Coirnav/Phinny.

I would imagine it would be easier to distinguish one account per household instead of multi-boxes when trying to police a "one account per household" ruleset?
  14. Valanie Lorekeeper

reroll on aradune
  15. Mrjon3s Augur

Not playing anything gonna start again on aradune.
    I do think Rizlona might be a bigger hit then we expect. Could see a lot of people from live servers that are so used to boxing finally getting a rule set they like.
  16. Xeris Augur

Staying on Agnarr kiki. Might casually play something on Aradune after Kunark. I hate nothing more than playing EQ during classic/kunark...
  17. Machen New Member

Screw that. You and I both pay the same in subscription fee, there is no reason you should have access to more servers than I do just because I am married to someone who plays EQ and you are not.

Also, there's no way to enforce it.
    dc.hawkeyegold and Barton like this.
  18. Gnothappening Augur

Mangler might not die but it will be on life support for a while. At least the exp is better than Coirnav was so there is that. As for the new servers. I think Riz has a limited audience appeal but those people will love it and stay for a long time.

Aradune, meh, I think it is going to blow chunks. Not the server itself, but the people playing there. It will, bar none, be the most toxic server ever. I think a lot of people are going to make toons there and then go back to their old server (hopefully), when they get fed up with the toxicity, or they will quit the game entirely after they get fed up with being reported and they aren't doing anything. In the mean time, all of the actual botters will be just fine and living it up. I mean FFS, we have people on the forums bragging about how they can't wait to have a GM to report people to. How is that good for a server community?
    MysticGreen likes this.
  19. Creedmonk Augur

I think you're going to be wrong. I think people may go play Aradune for a short bit to maybe farm up some kronos then realize it's literally nothing different than Mangler and go back.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

How to have fun with the GM system on Aradune.
    1. Roll some extra boxes.
    2. take an extra box set it /follow some random fellows that appear to be boxing 2 or more.
    3. /petition GM and say that particular box never responds.
    4. When the GM asks a question are you there. Respond with /heal main tank or /follow insert box name
    5. Enjoy the new server.
    6. I'm going 6 box on it but you'll never know. :oops: