Anniversary group task: Lost, But Not Forgotten

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kolani, May 3, 2020.

1. Kolani Augur

I know there was an unintended scaling issue with the A Formal Dinner Party anniversary mission when this year's events started, could someone take a look at the LDoN one for the Lost Wayfarer's Tent? We ran it last night and looking at Gamparse, the trash mobs in the instance had double the hp of Great Divide dwarves and the boss hp was in the neighborhood of ToV giant hp and upwards. This can't be intended as densely packed as this instance is. The Forceful Presence fight as it is has almost 100 million total hp between the boss and all the adds.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

3. Kolani Augur

Right, but I'm fairly sure as dense as this zone is, the hp values are unintended, and some of the cadaverous weren't 109 as they were conning yellow to the 111 in group.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Zone scales to max 110, named are level +3 to level +5. With a level 111 in group, named will be 113-115.
  5. Kolani Augur

That's nice, but Cadaverous aren't nameds.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

Three of them are.
  7. Tren Journeyman

Basically, from my experience, any of the mobs that drop the tent pieces are named and have many more hit points than trash. Then you have the bosses, which advance the task and get you the pieces needed to spawn the final guy and finish the mission, and they have more hit points than the named.
    During our most recent run, about a week or so ago, the Bosses were even to us at 115, everything else was blue or light blue in the zone. As far as density and difficulty, you do know this is a mission that allows up to 2 groups?
  8. Kolani Augur

I'm perfectly aware of that. I've also duoed this mission on my ranger with a warrior at 113 and it was basically trivial, nowhere near as much of an arrow sponge as it was last night. The last parse I have of it from the start of Anniversary was the Forceful Presence plus adds at 50k hp. You're not dealing with some noob with bad equipment here, just a heads up.
  9. Tren Journeyman

I don't know how you got I was calling you a noob or that you had bad equipment from my response to you. Soulbanshee showed you where they had already looked in to the task and yet you still felt there was something wrong. I was just trying to further explain possible reasons that you experienced things that you felt were out of whack, there were no accusations implied or intended.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

Logs from last year or before? With GamParse v2? There's been too many log file changes for that to be accurate any more. This task has never been 50k HP or else we would have been swarming the whole thing from the start. It is balanced for 12 people at level 110, they have always had and continue to have millions of HP.
  11. GNOME_POWER Augur

Devs say this is two group task.
    You can google the keyword "Lost But Not Forgotten everquest" and study it in the video.
  12. Kolani Augur

Earlier this year, like March 20. Also, mistype, I meant 50mil as you can see in the original post. Found it. Forceful Presence and all adds had 30mil hp with a 113 and 114 with mercs.
  13. Kolani Augur

I'm familiar with that. If you had read, I said that I've had experience clearing it with two players and a merc and the difficulty or mob hp values weren't anywhere as close as what I ran into last night. The group last night should have actually had an easier time, not a harder time.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm wondering if this was effected with the changes they did to HAs back in November/December, I remember this being a lot easier than the Dinner mission as multi mobs needed to be tanked.
  15. Kolani Augur

That's what I was wondering, we were swarming entire rooms last year with heal mercs at 110. According the the scaling, it shouldn't be any harder this year than it was last, but it obviously is.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

While Prathun has the final say on this mission, since it was his, this is tuned as a 12 man mission, not a six. That's at least part of the reason for high stats.
    As for the rest, some of the +1 and greater mobs probably DO have an increase in their stats due to general (not targeted to this mission) Heroic stats changes. But again, up to Prathun to decide.
    Thunderkiks and Prathun like this.
  17. Thunderkiks Augur

Its still easily done with only 1 group. I recently did it on my old server. Group geared level 110's monk, sk, bard, shaman, ranger and 1 healer merc. I was playing 4 of the characters and my fiance is the ranger.

This mission was very easy when it was first introduced, then they turned it up. I wasn't sure if i would be able to pull it off with my group geared characters but I didn't have an issue.
    Kolani likes this.
  18. Kolani Augur

Exactly. My concern wasn't that it was hard, my concern was "omg this is taking forever," which half of the forum experts here seemed to miss. The group was sustaining 500k over the course of the mission even with breaks and it took over an hour and a half to slog through it.
  19. Kolani Augur

I'm familiar with the task. It's an easy task. The Forceful Presence used to only have 30m hp, It wasn't difficult, it was a slog.