DPS Issue (Duel wield vs 2h)

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Penden, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Penden New Member

1) It is so sad that duel wield 1h raid weapon(Used
    2 raid ores made)
    . The duel wield dps is lower than 2H weapon (Used 1 raid ore made only).
    2) Comparing 2H and duel wield 1h weapon. 2H h-stats is still better than duel wield and get extra type 5 aug slot for 2H.

I cannot figure out the logic at all. Hope it can be corrected or being reviewed.
  2. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Duel wield gets better overall hp/end and AC … 2hander gets the better DPS. Welcome to tradeoffs.

There is no extra type 5 Aug on melee 2handers, that's for casters only. Melee get a single type 5 aug slot.

The 2hander is about 2.5k less hp then 2 comparable 1handed weapons.

Do research next time before spending raid currency.
    Fenthen and Skuz like this.
  3. Lisard Silly

For monk or Beastlord going forward (even rangers due to symp procs) 2h is going to be king

I think I've narrowed it down to basically this.

Burst of Power.

2: Increase Chance of Additional 2H Attack by 65% (1)

that value is so much higher then the Dual Wield counterpart

5: Increase Chance of Additional Primary 1H Attack by 20% (1)
    6: Increase Chance of Additional Secondary 1H Attack by 20% (1)

IDK how to fix it to make DW something of value again without inflation of stats. Think its time we gave Dual Wield some kind of Situational Stance value, to at least make it worth the players and the devs time to even use/create the 1 hand weapons.

For Monk's could more then likely straight copy paste the warrior dual wield stance and +/- some of it to suit the monk more

Warrior Dual-Wield stance
    2: Increase 1H Blunt Damage by 100% (v459)
    3: Increase 1H Slash Damage by 100% (v459)
    4: Increase 1H Pierce Damage by 100% (v459)
    5: Increase Chance to Parry by 40%
    6: Decrease Chance to Dodge by 30%
    7: Increase 2H Slash Damage by 90% (v459)
    10: Increase Melee Mitigation by 6%
    12: Increase Worn Proc Rate by 20%

proposed monk/BST dual-wield stance
    2: Increase 1H Blunt Damage by 100% (v459)
    3: Increase H2H Damage by 100% (v459)
    4: Increase 1H Pierce Damage by 100% (v459)
    5: Increase Chance to Riposte by 40%
    6: Decrease Chance to Block by 30%
    7: Increase Strike Damage by 90% (v459)
    10: Increase Melee Mitigation by 6%
    12: Increase Worn Proc Rate by 20%
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Daedly like this.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Did anyone report this oddity regarding the number of ores required? To me it sounds more like that was a mistake. I would think that the 1h weapon(s) should only require 1each, while the 2h weapon(s) would require 2 each.
  5. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Its neither an oddity nor a bug. All items require 1 raid ore regardless of slot.
    Fenthen and Skuz like this.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Considering the idea, I made some corrections based on the implied intent of the (warrior) SPDAT slots.

Firstly, I think it highly unlikely monk/beast (and rogue/ranger) will get such a stance as it would be overpowered. Those classes would always use it because without a complimentary 2H stance, it would outshine Burst of Power (that it stacks with). Asking for more ranks of Burst of Power to continue the 1H attack mods is a better option and definitely in line with what the Devs have been doing for the past 2 expansions.

Second, I don't think you can add Riposte to it regardless. So I changed that back to Block (i.e. parry) and Dodge.

Third, the reduction in 2H (Blunt) damage in slot 7 is for ability stacking restrictions and to increased damage of activated 2H skills (SPA 193). None of the monk/beast SPA 193 skills use a 2H attack so Strike is the right idea (if such existed) but really you'd want to be more specific and choose which of your activated (and complimentary) attacks is stronger because of the stance. Would it would be: Tiger Claw, Flying Kick, Round Kick, Throwing, Dragon Punch, H2H? I think your Strike most closely means Tiger Claw so I used that, although I think Flying Kick for monk and Round Kick for beast makes more sense to compare to a 2H attack. The stance is already improving the other attacks. That split would require another SPDAT line and really each class would get their own ability.
  7. Lisard Silly

cool ya, im not good at the spa and spdat stuff

Strike is = Tiger Claw, Eagle Strike, Tail Rake, Dragon Punch

i chose strike because we already have kick mods, strike needs some loving too and since were using H2H (1hb martial weapons) strikes seems fair.

As both classes cycle these strike abilities alongside their kicks

i dont think it would make DW the primary choice at all times, as 2hb ratios for monks/bsts scale infinitely better with each expansion.

I chose Riposte because Monks are not blocking with h2h liek they do with 2hb (ingame or via lore) they would be riposting attacks.

i chose it to reduce block % versus dodge because blocking is less liekly without a 2hb for above reasons. Monks dodge, its Lore to the class and fundamentals of martial arts

ultimately it would end up being used in group content and maybe when not burning in raid scenarios at least its how i think it would play out.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Kimosavi Journeyman

Ease up on poor Penden fellas, he doesnt understand the class fully because he six boxes a crew on Bertox. Everything he does is automated.
  9. Kimosavi Journeyman

I meant to say he AFK bots a crew using 3rd party apps.
  10. HeatherPurrs Augur

It's always funny to see someone bragging about their aa and level when 98% of their played time is automated bot groups. As far as weapons go for us normal players we use the best we have.

"I dun dis missions and dat and got all this easy!" - 24 toon army owners
  11. Poyzen Frawg Augur

As a rogue, I also think the direction the trade off went is ridiculous.
    Lets give warriors less HP less AC and less Endurance and more DPS ... yep. <sarcasm on> Makes total sense.
    Your research demonstrates you don't agree its a problem.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

2H proficiency was a mistake. DW exists in its form only to balance out that mistake.
  13. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Nearly 9 months and a new expansion later. Tanks still out DPS non-Tanks.
    Hell, rogues don't even have a 2H option they can jump on this bus with.

2HP for rogues? sounds pretty cool. :)
  14. Dre. Altoholic

That would be pretty cool. More riposte damage.