Restless Assault

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Axxius, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Axxius Augur

Can this raid be made shorter and less tedious? It's way too long, provides absolutely no challenge, and some of the bosses are doing nothing but wasting our time.

For example, remove Darikan the Ancient and Warlord Feri. They serve no purpose whatsoever. The raid would be better off without them.

Pretty please?
    Monkman, enclee and Coagagin like this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Seriously?

You want them to change … a raid that works … that does what it is suppose to … because you're bored during it? Have you not seen the problems that occur when raids are changed after beta?

9 raids are open now. Convince your raid force to skip it if it bothers you that much. The rest of us will enjoy our 20 extra coin a week and continue on.
    Mazame, Behelit, feeltheburn and 4 others like this.
  3. Monkman Augur

Would be nice if two generals could spawn at a time, preferably on different sides so more casual guilds could still pull them one by one.. while offering an opportunity to speed up the encounter for guilds with more dps.

I agree, there are several events in TOV that are just mind numbingly slow.
    Coagagin and Maedhros like this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

So have them spawn and attack the dwarfs while you are dealing with a different one? Sounds like a good way to make the raid harder.
  5. enclee Augur

You're so right.
  6. Monkman Augur

I’m not sure I follow? The only dwarves I care about are the ones by the river... I wish we could recruit those little murderers.
  7. enclee Augur

Make it RNG based, that way if Narandi spawns first you can beat him and be done. The devs love the RNG based raid events.
    Metanis and Daedly like this.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I had a similar thought. Just have it randomly pick 4 of the 6 (if we assume Narandi is set in stone).

Won't happen, but would have been interesting to not really know what was next every time, without really changing the difficulty of the event overall.
  9. Kuaamil Elder

That's hilarious. Might as well just pop the chest on zone-in.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Aldryn Another New Member

I meaaaannnn... to be fair, you can say that about quite literally 88.9% of the raids this expansion. If the events aren't artificially long for no good reason they're extremely stale with little to no risk of messing anything up. If people don't start thinking outside of the box to make something in the TOV raid scene require more than a body temperature, I'm actually kind of worried about what the attrition rate is going to look like through the farm season.
    Whulfgar, Astral64, Sancus and 3 others like this.
  11. Nudia Augur

It's already a free chest on zone-in and 0 minutes is a lot closer to a decent length for this event than its current duration.

And yeah, attrition is going to be really bad this year. Silver lining to the whole coronavirus ordeal - maybe it'll keep enough people inside to suffer through the full cycle.
  12. enclee Augur

I wouldn’t mind that for Griklor.
  13. Laronk Augur

You can buff them and pull everything to the middle, though sometimes its a pain with rhino guy and with narandi with haste i think the whole group does close to two million dps
  14. svann Augur

Yea but the way this probably goes is RNG gets stuck on the one you already did so you gotta kill him again and again and you end up killing 20 waves instead of 7.
    enclee likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I enjoy GD, gives the same kind of feel as the old ring war.

I wouldn't mind shortening TOFS1 though that raid is a pitta
    Marton and Behelit like this.
  16. Zinth Augur

yeah change the raid to just zone in and loot pops on your cursor, can't have this content that actually takes time and makes you play the game
  17. Behelit Augur

GD being long is ok the same way PoF being "long" was ok, you dont wanna sit thru it during farm? You can skip it and lose out on the chest.

ToFS1 as Yinla just pointed out is a different issue since the 3 ToFS raids are a chain in the same zone. But if a raid is "stand-alone" as GD and PoF are, then it provides an extra chest for those raid forces that are willing to put in the extra time, or just prefer to raid multiple nights even during farm.

There is no one playstyle we all adhere to, so having a little extra content for guilds that choose to raid multiple nights or marathon it in one night they can should be a good thing. You want to only raid for 3hrs for 1 day a week? You can do that too and just drop GD and Sleeper.

I don't think being able to clear every event in under 3 hrs is necessarily "healthier" for the raid game than overly long events/content. But at least with the current setup there is a mix of short and long events that each guild can tailor a mix of events to suit their needs/desires.

Kill time leaderboards for raids. Award a title for each event to the guild with the fastest times at the end of the expansion (set a date before next beta, say August 31th or September 15th). Timer works based on DZ request to chest spawn/lockout received.

Is it perfect? No, but its something... I know I miss raid titles for first completion, but with how raids were released a title for first win doesnt seem fitting really. So why not attach unique titles for fastest kill time on each event giving guilds something to work for, and even if your guild is "bad" at a certain event it can aim for a specific events leaderboard to still get 1 title.
  18. Repthor Augur

i agree this even is to long but rather then removeing genrals. i kinda like the idea of sevral genrals spawning at a time. then you whould have the option to pull multiples ata time makeing the even shorter or pull one at a time, choice is yours depnding on your raidforce

2-3 genrals at a time seems fine and up the dmg of them and add in more AEs

also as a sidenote makeing mobs spawn adds that perma root and summon is pretty frustrating from a tank perspective beeing ping ponged all over the place is not a great time or user experince. im looking at you Darikan the Ancient
    Sokki likes this.
  19. Tenken Augur

Well, they could reduce the spawn time of the giants; similar to the group mission after like 10-15mins the script continues an spawns another giant if taking to long. Drop that time down to like 5mins and put little more threat to the coldain objective and keeping pullers on there toes (which can be a pain on some of them giants).
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Then that punishes the lower tier guilds which this event is aimed at.