Bring back the newbie quests for exp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldkracow, May 2, 2020.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Just limit the experience gains to people under level 20 so I can enjoy a qeynos start and killing random junk for quest turn-ins.
  2. Zinth Augur

you can still get exp from killing stuff and you get random armor/weapons/lanterns on turn in and faction, yes I know you want easy exp but why not just play the game? ;-) enjoy the journey and not the destination
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Yes easy experience... :rolleyes:
  4. Hinastorm86 Augur

Ya them nuking all these quests from orbit was pretty disappointing.

While turning in 1000 stacks of wine, or tons of firebeetle eyes, to hit level 35 or so was indeed stupid, they could of capped the level as you suggested.
  5. Jenarie Elder

I do think they got over-nerfed. I tested on Mangler this week for the new server to see if I should use the chips I get at lv 1 or save them for lv2 - bonechip quest in Kaladim was 6.7% at level 1 and 0.9% at level 2.
    I'm not positive but it seems the coin reward may have gone down as well - I bought 20 bone chips and turned them in and the reward coin plus vendoring the gear left me at about half what I spent whereas I thought it used to come out about even although obviously too small sample to be sure.

I would have preferred something where it capped out at 5% but was good up until the realistic time someone would stop killing decaying skels for xp - lv 4 to 6ish. Either that or some gradual decline where at lv 2 they were still worth 4% then at lv3 2% before going down to under 1%.

The first few levels in EQ are pretty boring so being able to boost through 3-4 of them isn't really a problem. I think the problem came that people were using them into high level.
  6. Rcbauer Augur

Pretty sure bone chips were turned in by the millions when Kunark dropped on a TLP and the player went from 1-60 that way.
  7. Zinth Augur

there aren't even "millions" of bonechips when we get to Kunark unless the whole server pets like 1000 each and pool together for 1 person to use them